Land ownership in the wake of SoO

90 Undead Death Knight
I often hear alliance members arguing over what land they should gain after SoO, it ranges from all the contested land in Azeroth as you so soundly beat us, to just Lodaeron or more reasonable claims that could work in game.

What do you think you have rights to?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I think the Horde should pull out of Ashenvale and Gilneas, and give them Dustwallow and Arathi as gestures of goodwill.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
They are not going to soundly beat us they are going to beat Garrosh. The war is going to end like the war of 1812 did no territory loss or gain just a peace treaty the contested land will still be contested.
Edited by Nathreim on 4/18/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

[pessimism] Someone's going to come in here and say "everything but Mulgore"
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
04/18/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Nathreim
They are not going to soundly beat us they are going to beat Garrosh.

My Hordebreaker title will say otherwise.

All of the Eastern Kingdoms excepting Quel'thalas and Stranglethorn. All of Kalimdor north of the Barrens. Dustwallow Marsh. Feralas.

I don't care what the Horde does in any other territory.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
[pessimism] Someone's going to come in here and say "everything but Mulgore"

All of Kalimdor north of the Barrens. Dustwallow Marsh. Feralas.

Pretty much
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Pretty much

No, he left the godsforsaken holes of Desolace, Silithus, and Tanaris, the inland sea of Thousand Needles, and the actually-kinda-alright-if-you-ignore-the-flesheating-Dino-problem Un'Goro.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
No, he left the godsforsaken holes of Desolace, Silithus, and Tanaris, the inland sea of Thousand Needles, and the actually-kinda-alright-if-you-ignore-the-flesheating-Dino-problem Un'Goro.

You were awfully close, mind you.
Reply Quote
What follows is without any regard to the meta-game, just brainstorming:

In the horde's case, I'd cease activity in Arathi. The area is a headache and a bit of an over extension anyway. Pulling back beyond the wall offers an easy barrier.

Ashenvale is also a guerrilla war against dug in elves on their ancestral lands. With the initial momentum of the fairly surprise invasion spent, it's just pissing away more resources than the horde could ever gain. It is rapidly becoming a strategic failure. Its best use is at this point a "oh gosh, look what we gave up, that sure hurts a lot, really!" chip to throw away.
Edited by Caedmun on 4/18/2013 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You were awfully close, mind you.

Three quarters of Kalimdor, and pretty close to a quarter of EK is a little further than you might think.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Ashenvale and Gilneas are all I really care about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

To clarify, do you mean what lands do the Alliance believe they have rights to or what lands does the Alliance actively wish to reclaim after the Seige of Orgrimar?

I think the Horde should pull out of Ashenvale and Gilneas, and give them Dustwallow and Arathi as gestures of goodwill.

I would have no objection to this and think this would be a good thing in lore.

All of this begs an important question however; will either faction be in a position to give land rights to one another. By this I mean would the Horde or the Alliance be in such a position to trade or give land to anyone? Unfortunately no one can answer with certainty until the information about the Siege itself is released.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Perhaps something akin to the Allied occupation of Japan after WWII, where the Alliance occupies Orgrimmar and any nearby territories so as to help the Horde get back on its' feet, while at the same time taking steps to neuter any potential current and future conflicts until a more permanent resolution/peace is reached?
Edited by Marriama on 4/18/2013 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Three quarters of Kalimdor, and pretty close to a quarter of EK is a little further than you might think.

More like 1/3 of Kalimdor. It's vast, but largely unlivable. And the very northernmost tip and Southernmost tip of EK aren't much, especially considering that Stranglethorn is owned by a neutral faction.
Reply Quote
The funny thing about 'rights' is that everyone thinks their 'right' is the right 'right'. But when people have conflicting 'rights' it turns into a headache of nonsense. At the end of the day, what you take is what you have.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Grimauna

More like 1/3 of Kalimdor. It's vast, but largely unlivable. And the very northernmost tip and Southernmost tip of EK aren't much, especially considering that Stranglethorn is owned by a neutral faction.

Unlivable?

Horde seems to have been doing fine in the Barrens, Mulgore and Thousand Needles before.

Desolace is fairly livable now, I think the Tauren have every right to be in Feralas. The Night Elves were just suing the island before Cata, now they're on the coast.

Un'Goro is livable. There are dangerous dinosaurs, yes. But troll city in the canopy.

As for Silithus, the Forsaken already are rotting and smelly, so I see no reason why they would mind if they rot a bit more and smell a bit more there.

<.<
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Un'Goro is livable. There are dangerous dinosaurs, yes. But troll city in the canopy.

But troll city in the canopy.

I want to see this.

Nao.
Edited by Aviala on 4/18/2013 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

Of the zones excluded in Kalimdor, the Horde only has a presence in two. The others are neutral and/or universally hostile zones.

Similarly, Quel'thalas is two zones (one of which is Scourge), and Stranglethorn is two zones, both of which are neutral and have an Alliance presence.

It'd be ridiculous to propose the Alliance be kicked out of all of Azeroth, than say it's okay, because they haven't been banned from settling new planets.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
They should just merge the factions and let people do whatever they want. PVP could be even more fun being free-for all and Battlegrounds could transition into "War-Games".

I think there should be a process to earn favor with the various factions but ultimately the player base needs to be opposed. For this to happen horde/alliance should be broken, each race should be a different "side" which the player can choose to earn favor with... So orcs could enlist in stormwind military if they pledged loyalty to the king (through some kind of reputation grind similar to scryer/aldor), humans could fight in the horde gladiator pits earning favor and being priased for their skill and brutality (but in doing so loose standing with decent folk and become horde).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]