Hunter PvP Macros 5.2

90 Orc Hunter
Hunter Macros 101

If you are new to making Macros, you do not have to re-type everything into the macro box in WoW. Simply select the Macro from the #showtooltip and down, press Ctrl+C. Then go in-game to the macro box that you have created and press Ctrl+V.

-Arcane Shot Macro-
(contains an Shift modifier for Multishot and sets a focus).

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/stopcasting
/petassist
/focus
/cast [nomod] Arcane Shot
/cast [mod;shift] Multi-Shot

-Feign Death Macro-
(Places pet on passive. use arcane shot macro to place pet back on assist)

#showtooltip Feign Death
/petPassive
/stopcasting
/cast Feign Death

-Deterrence Macro-
(This macro uses your pets spirit mend to heal for almost 100k while your deterrence is up. This work well with glyph of animal bond)

#showtooltip Deterrence
/target YourNameHere
/cast Spirit Mend(Exotic Ability)
/cast Deterrence

-Scatter Shot Macro-
(Contains an alt modifier for focus targets)

#showtooltip Scatter Shot
/cast [nomod] Scatter Shot
/cast [mod;alt,@ focus] Scatter Shot

-Disengage Macro-
(My favorite macro. works well with Glyph of Disengage and Posthaste Talent)

#showtooltip Disengage
/stopcasting
/cast Disengage
/cast Scatter Shot

-Exhilaration Macro-
(This macro makes me love Warlocks even more)

#showtooltip Exhilaration
/cast Exhilaration
/use Master Healing Potion
/use Healthstone

-Master's Call Macro-
(Removes all root and ice traps from you and your pet, nice feature that alot of hunters dont use)

#showtooltip Master's Call
/target YourNameHere
/cast Master's Call

-Beastial Pop Macro-
(Burst dps Macro. Contains CC option as well. I use this macro as an opener but also to cast my Blink Strike. So dont forget about this macro when Beastial Wrath is on cooldown)

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
/petattack
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast blink strike
/cast Rabid(Ferocity Ability)
/cast Intimidation

-Kill Shot Macro-
(This is how I always get those killing blows. This cancels the 2 auras that can prevent you from firing this shot the second it is needed.)

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/cancelaura Deterrence
/cast Kill Shot

-Rapid Fire Macro-
(Burst Macro. alot like the Beastial Pop Macro, dont forget about it while on cooldown. its great for popping that trinket the second its ready)

#showtooltip Rapid Fire
/use 13
/cast Blood Fury(Racial)
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Focus Fire
/cast Blink Strike
/cast Rabid(Ferocity Ability)

-Misdirection Macro-
(Misdirects to pet if no target. Want to be the most annoying Huntard in the world of Warcraft? use this macro with Glyph of misdirection. its pretty funny)

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] Misdirection

-Concussive/Silence Macro-
(This just gives you one less button to push. But dont forget about the macro when silence is on cooldown)

#showtooltip Concussive Shot
/cast Concussive Shot
/cast Silencing Shot
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Nice list, but a couple things.

Your deterrence macro desperately needs two /stopcastings as well. You're going to eat that chaos bolt if you finish off that cobra/steady, and you don't want to eat it. Ditto feign (though the pet passive is a nice addition for getting out of combat to peel off, thank you for that). Same thing on Master's Call and disengage and everything else you need to use in an emergency.

You should also have mouseover macros for Roar of Sacrifice and Master's Call in PvP, and MC needs two /stopcastings. Your partner or at the very least the healer or flag carrier getting wailed on at might also like that Roar of Sacrifice.

#showtooltip Roar of Sacrifice
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast [@mouseover, exists, help] Roar of Sacrifice
/cast [@player] Roar of Sacrifice

If you mouseover the nameplate, icon, raid frame of the friendly target or the character ion the field, that player will get the Roar of Sacrifice. If there is no valid mouseover, you get it. You can also use it while CC'd. You could also make binds specifically to target your arena partners, but by now you'd probably need a better mouse than I have.

I 'd also recommend these mouseovers for all CC abilities, like scatter, scare beast, wyvern or silencing, and web wrap. If they don't see you swap targets to cast these, it reduces their reaction time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Thank you for the advice I'll try it out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Thanks , using some of these atm , very helpful :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]