Getting OS Gear With Current System

90 Tauren Paladin
Hi,

I play prot and I love the tanking style. When I got to Pandaland I switched to Ret so things would die faster. However all I get now is DPS gear which I understand because of how the quest loot system works.

My problem is I want all the 450 tank gear Dread Wastes has to offer... But don't want to spend extra time killing things as protection spec. Is there any workaround? Should I just switch specs before I cash in the quests with the loot I want?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Since you're still lvling, right before you turn in a quest, switch your spec to protection; the gear you'd get would be protection while being able to do quest as ret.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The good news is that most of the higher level zones will give you a choice rather than automatically assigning loot. This is especially the case with blue quest rewards. The starting zone green quest reward items can all be purchased from a vendor in the jade forest as well in case you got something for the wrong spec.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Wonderful!

Thank you both and have a nice night!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You too Mr.Moo-Moo!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]