All out Horde VS Alliance, who wins?

90 Gnome Mage
Quantity doesn't beat quality. In line combat Humans, Night Elves and Dwarves don't hold up to Tauren and Orcs in size and strength.

I would have to disagree a bit on that statement. To me many races have similar size/strength.

Tauren, Draenei seem to be equal strength and size.

Dwarfs, Worgen, Orcs are all about the same in strength.

I am not too sure, but I assume Night elves are stonger then humans, and as strong as trolls

Then we have Humans, Forsaken, Blood elves.

Then Goblins and Gnomes.

To me judging an undead's strength seems kinda tough to determine, they are dead, and their muscles are gone, and their should bones are fragile, but they are resurrected by magic so that can enhance their strength, also since they are dead I would assume their nervous system does not limit their strength like it does to humans, but again...They lost their muscles.

Also we have to consider armour, weaponry, strategy, agility, endurance, toughness, fighting spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
*COUGH* BLOOD ELVEN AND FORSAKEN PLAUGE INFUSED MANA BOMB *COUGH*
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Night Elves are similar to worgen in strength, aren't they? There was something in Wolfheart about it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
If it was just basic ground troops I'd say Alliance. But since OP said they can bring all their toys I think the Forsaken would swing it for the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
My faction would win, Obviously. Because I play them.

This is a terrible thing to open up. That's basically what it comes down to. People will always pick the faction they play.

Tauren are by far the strongest of the races, Draenie are fairly close, but not quite there.

I know game mechanics aren't the end all be all, and it isn't always the best thing to use in argument, but even game mechanics have some basis in lore.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Race

Note, Tauren start with 25 strength, the next closest is Orc and worgen at 23, and then Troll and Draenie at 21.

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/157/c/b/best_wow_race_comparison_chart_by_onesockwolf-d4bo1cr.png

Likewise, Tauren are by fall the tallest and most bulky according to models(likewise, gameplay isn't the best thing to go on, but it's really all we have).

That said, Tauren aren't very quick.

Though Gnomes have 24 int to the Goblins 23, I think I read somewhere that Goblins are actually much smarter than gnomes, and would be better technologically. Problem is, they're so concerned with making a profit, that all goblin devices are rushed and either don't work, or end in catastrophic failure(many quests hint at this.), while gnomes spend their entire life perfecting the machines they make.
Edited by Spinal on 4/19/2013 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I a war of attrition alliance would win without a doubt. Their population is at least 3x larger.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
These types of questions are silly, because they presume some sort of realism that is not and has never been part of the game. I mean, if there was any kind of realism it would take about 4 humans to handle a single orc. Instead, we have a world where this toon is just as strong as a tauren.

So who wins? Whoever you want to say wins! You can find justification for any scenario, the same way the developers do.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
SUDDENLY DEMONS!

GG Azeroth...
GG
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Id say the allaince. The Orcs are the backbone of the Horde. While the forsaken and the blood elves are well organised and have some serious firepower, the darkspears and the tauren only really contribute manpower and have very little in the way of tech or magic to give the horde an edge.

Conversely just about every alliance race brings alot to the table and Gnomish tech is more reliable and usually better built than Goblin.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I mean, if there was any kind of realism it would take about 4 humans to handle a single orc. Instead, we have a world where this toon is just as strong as a tauren.

There is far more to strength then the actual physical attribute.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Damn, having all the forces of the four cities right next to one another? Based on the infrastructure of the cities themselves, it would be something like this: Stormwind vs Silvermoon, Undercity vs Ironforge, Darnassus vs Thunder Bluff, and Exodar vs Orgrimmar. Assuming that Exodar doesn't fly around, Orgrimmar will easily destroy the Draenei forces, Stormwind will destroy the Blood Elves, Darnassus likely will destroy Thunder Bluff, and Ironforge and Undercity survive to the next round.

Darnassus and Stormwind vs Orgrimmar, Orgrimmar would put up a fight and likely destroy Darnassus but lose to Stormwind. Ironforge and Undercity still remain the same imo. Undercity has better offensive, but Ironforge has better defense. If they weren't built into a mountain they could easily destroy their city.

Now for the last round, Undercity vs Stormwind and Ironforge. Stormwind doesn't stand a chance at all, but the Alliance has more forces. They likely will trade cities with Undercity losing and Stormwind being plagued, so at the end of the day I think Ironforge wins.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Knock-down, drag-out, no-holds-barred? Alliance takes the cake. She has a huge advantage in the # of Gunships, and if both armies met on the field the Alliance would just need to open up with them puppies on the ground forces. And we've got the tech/training edge, probably, with organizations like SI:7 and the fact we heavily employ Marines, etc that use advanced-looking firearms. Being a big Tauren warrior means squat with a bullet hole in the brain. They just can't be allowed to get close. Plus the Alliance has been on the up-and-up militarily lately, and now that she is fully committed against the Horde it's been scoring a lot of wins.
Edited by Jairios on 4/20/2013 6:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Mage
I think the alliance...
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
On an open field, the entirety of each armies brought to bear

Alliance would win.
They have a bigger army

Quantity doesn't beat quality. In line combat Humans, Night Elves and Dwarves don't hold up to Tauren and Orcs in size and strength.

Then again, Blizzard seem to ignore the idea that Orcs can give all their boyz armour as easily as humans can and they give grunts underpants and shoulderpads to go fight in. So it's too hard to say.

They do actually, in fact they hold up quite well. The common misconception about the humans in warcraft is that they are weaklings. If you take an earthborn human in sword and armor they will get wreck.

Here is a news flash, the humans of Azeroth are not earthborn humans! They did not evolved over millions of years to have the form that we come and know of today. Biological evolution is not part of their genetic make up.

The human of Azeroth were a titan weapon. They were the front line in any conflict forcthe titans. The humans,dwarves, and gnomes were engineered military hardware for the titans. They were created unlike the earth humans who came from bacterial sludge.

They were mass produced and given metal skin and hid, but most importantly, Titans energy gave life to them not biology. They were given a power supply by the Titans that let them wield all specturm of the energies if they so choosed.

They were infected with a virus that messed with their hardware but they still remember their creator and still do their duty. They were mutated to shorter form and lost much of their natural gift but is by no means weak.

They fought the vrykul head one on one all over northrend, face down giant size spiders, fought the bugs of silithus, fought abominations.

Hell their knights went toe to toe with orges.

So yes they can very much hold the line against any race.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Honestly neither faction would win. The constant battling would tear Azeroth apart and leave both factions in shambles as well as most(if not what's left) of Azeroth.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
On an open field, the entirety of each armies brought to bear

Alliance would win.
They have a bigger army

Then again, Blizzard seem to ignore the idea that Orcs can give all their boyz armour as easily as humans can and they give grunts underpants and shoulderpads to go fight in. So it's too hard to say.

An Orc vs. a Night Elf is a fairly even fight. The Silverwing Sentinels and the Warsong have had a back-and-forth for years. The Orcs didn't start pulling ahead until Goblins showed up and brought in so many Demolishers there's barely room to walk between them.

And the underpants and shoulderpads are how true Orcs fight. Heavy armor is for those Kor'kron goons who lost sight of what true honor means. The BEST Orcs even skip the shoulders. Just a big sword and a banner, flying proudly.

Saurfang is exempt, since the heavy armor slows him down enough to make it fair for his opponent.
Edited by Sylassanna on 4/20/2013 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If all bets are off? Hard to say.

Alliance has been depicted as holding back, playing it ethically. If they stopped doing that ... well.
Reply Quote

They do actually, in fact they hold up quite well. The common misconception about the humans in warcraft is that they are weaklings. If you take an earthborn human in sword and armor they will get wreck.

Here is a news flash, the humans of Azeroth are not earthborn humans! They did not evolved over millions of years to have the form that we come and know of today. Biological evolution is not part of their genetic make up.

The human of Azeroth were a titan weapon. They were the front line in any conflict forcthe titans. The humans,dwarves, and gnomes were engineered military hardware for the titans. They were created unlike the earth humans who came from bacterial sludge.

They were mass produced and given metal skin and hid, but most importantly, Titans energy gave life to them not biology. They were given a power supply by the Titans that let them wield all specturm of the energies if they so choosed.

They were infected with a virus that messed with their hardware but they still remember their creator and still do their duty. They were mutated to shorter form and lost much of their natural gift but is by no means weak.

They fought the vrykul head one on one all over northrend, face down giant size spiders, fought the bugs of silithus, fought abominations.

Hell their knights went toe to toe with orges.

So yes they can very much hold the line against any race.

That actually is not quite correct, the humans are a mutation of the Vrykul, a weaker version of them, and were either killed at birth or eventually when there were a large enough number of them were cast out. But your point remains, they are MUCH stronger then the humans of earth.
Reply Quote
*COUGH* BLOOD ELVEN AND FORSAKEN PLAUGE INFUSED MANA BOMB *COUGH*

I'll tell you what i told you in the other thread.

Blood Elves had two types of Mana Bombs.

One which was fairly week and was only used by Kael's forces.

The other was super powerful because it was powered by the Focusing Iris, which the Alliance now has in Dalaran along with the powers of the Thunder King held my Jaina.

Also, assuming Malfurion would side with the Alliance, there's also him. Tyrande powered by Elune, and a fully functional Exodar and an airfleet which isn't destroyed every time it makes an appearance.
Reply Quote
Everyone would die except a Blood Elf holy paladin and a Draenei holy paladin who both decided to bubble at the right point.

They would then be locked in eternal battle till the end of time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]