Who's your favorite Dragon Aspect?

90 Worgen Warlock
Deathwing, of course.

He deserved more development though. Cata portrayed him quite poorly, "Oh crazy!" was the entire plot. And a poor one, by the way, because seriously how could a crazy dragon with urges to destroy and kill everyone just ignore an entire city under him?

Yea, it's toooootally crazy!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'll have to say either Kalegcos (for his Alliance tie-in) or Nozdormu (the pure neutral). I like Nozdormu in his dedication to preserve time, even if some of what the black aspects would have been better imho, but he did stood his ground.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Malygos then Nozdormu after the first one's death.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Malygos.

Malygos was the oldest, and most wise of the aspects, along with being most powerful magic user in existence(aspect kalecgos doesn't even compare.). It's a shame that Blizzard had to hit him with the insane bat and totally ruin him.
Edited by Spinal on 4/19/2013 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Malygos didn't go bonkers, he went cold blooded and it aggro'd the world.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Nozdormu in End time. He's like "Welllll...I'm crazy and you kill me. That stinks. See you later...when you kill me!"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Kalecgos.
During BC, his honor and passion to attempt to rescue Anveena Teague, really made me love his character and the Blue Dragon flight.

Malygos
was a great character, as was the Blue Dragon Flight lore.
That is until the writers got the idiotic idea, to ruin the lore, and turn Maly, into a throw away loot piñata.
Such is the curse of anyone hit with the Blizzard crazy bat.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Malygos didn't go bonkers, he went cold blooded and it aggro'd the world.

Nope, it was all about crazy bat time.

He went crazy, thinking all magic users (primarily mortals), were ruining the world and needed to be wiped out. Even if that meant killing his own kind.

He wasn't talking about Mages in PVP over the years either, surprisingly enough.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Alexstrasza, followed closely by Nozdormu. Alexstrasza is just a neat character and I like Blizzard's whole "Good dragon" thing they've been doing to throw the typical evil dragon fantasy stereotype out the window. And Nozzy because I'm a sucker for old sage-like characters, and he is nothing if not old and knowledgeable.
Edited by Jairios on 4/20/2013 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In terms of character, Kalecgos. In terms of badassery, Deathwing. In terms of hotness, Alexstrasza.

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
I'm a Malygos fan because he is the only bad guy i could see joining since he isn't really all that bad.

Malygos was actually not insane when we killed him although he had been insane since the war of the ancients from getting blasted by the dragon soul and losing his flight. When Malygos finally snaps out of his insanity he quickly turns to the focusing iris and checks the natural flow of ley lines that lace azeroth with magic. He finds their numbers are out of check and becomes very afraid of what that will do. If you remember Archimonde and the burning legion were summoned at a place where ley lines were out of check due to magic users in that area doing whatever magic they pleased (Dalaran).

Malygos rather sanely deduced that in order to prevent several areas from being places the legion could be summoned he would have to remove the excess magic from these areas and stop magic users in general from creating such surges again. So Malygos channels all of the magic through the ley lines back to Coldarra where he uses his focusing iris to blast all of the magic out into space. On top of this he goes on a killing spree of any and all magic users so that he can save the world from a burning legion invasion.

Of course we killed him and had him replaced with Kalec who is completely cool with letting the legion have easy access back i guess. I bet they come through the crater in Dalaran since if you look at it you can still see it pulsing with ley line energy.
Reply Quote
Canonically, Malygos is sane at the time of the Nexus war. But as a practical matter, what he was trying to do was so over the top I have a difficult time taking his alleged sanity very seriously. A classic case of reductio ad absurdum.

Perhaps a blue dragon is peculiarly vulnerable to taking logic to its extreme end and that is a type of occupational hazard for them. Sometimes what is logical isn't reasonable or sensible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Kalecgos. He's the only one who:

1) Isn't crazy.

2) Wears a decent amount of clothes in humanoid form.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Nozdormu, he's the good guy schemer to counterpoint Deathwing.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warrior
Nozdormu.

Gotta love Chronomancy.
Reply Quote
Malygos.

But Blizzard had to hit him with the crazy bat, twice.

Blizzard has handled the Aspects poorly, imo.

Malygos: Went sane apparently and tried to kill everyone. I liked him better when he was eating paint chips off the nexus walls.

Deathwing: went from clever malicious manipulator to rawr I iz bad, world burn!

Nozdormu: The infinite dragonflight started off cool, but by the end time... idk none of it really sat well with me, and Thrall going on his time traveling adventure in the book seemed kinda corny.

That leaves the two sisters... Ysera is just kinda... there.... Alexstrasza I guess wins by default.
Edited by Searik on 4/20/2013 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Rogue
Kalecgos. He's the only one who:

1) Isn't crazy.

2) Wears a decent amount of clothes in humanoid form.

This. Made me rofl.

On a more serious note... Er, I'm not really sure who I like the most. Deathwing was an excellent villain for pretty much every moment of his career until Cata. Alex is nice, and it was cool to see a darker side of her after Korialstrasz died. Not sure how I feel about the others, but it's interesting to think that, in their own way, the Infinites could be trying to save Azeroth by veering away from whatever event caused the world to he like the Endtime. (There are still other ways to get there, like a burning legion invasion or something). Or maybe they just want to kill us all, who knows? I like Murozond's voice/dialogue, though. I'm undecided on the rest of 'em.
Edited by Våelryn on 4/20/2013 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Tie between Nozdormu and Deathwing. Maybe leaning about towards Noz.

Nope, it was all about crazy bat time.

He went crazy, thinking all magic users (primarily mortals), were ruining the world and needed to be wiped out. Even if that meant killing his own kind.

He wasn't talking about Mages in PVP over the years either, surprisingly enough.

Actually, no, Malygos was sane during Wrath.

He was insane between the WotA and Wrath (like legitimately insane, not WoW-evil-insane. Pants-on-head crazy), but then some stuff with the nether dragons or something in one of the mangas had him snap back to his senses. The Nexus War was because Malygos turned sane again and was like "you guys made such a mess while I was gone!"
Edited by Reignac on 4/20/2013 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]