Malscythe Impersonation

90 Tauren Death Knight
I'm not sure how many Horde players peruse the forums other than Yzz, but I thought I might share this here.

Today, on 4/19, there was a player making alts similar to my name, reportedly "Malscythes" and "Malsythe", who was joining guilds and stealing from their banks. This was most likely a cute little prank by someone who dislikes me, but I ended up receiving a lot of angry messages from random guild members and even good friends.

I just wanted to say that this was NOT me, and I am really sorry that it did happen to any of your guilds. If you have any info on the person, I'd appreciate if you mailed me about it. I was doing an ICC25H tonight and had no idea of what had happened until I got a very angry message from a good friend afterwards.

Multiple people put in GM tickets for scamming from what I heard, and since I din't know any details I don't feel like I am able to help any.

Once again, I'd like you to realize it was not me and that I hope you guilds get your stuff back. If not, remember that I am always here to help a fellow Horde member regain their lost treasures.

~Malscythe
The Crimson Shadows
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well who would dislike you? On my horde toons I've never experienced you doing anything wrong/bad/mean to anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
There's a bunch of people that hate me for trivial reasons. Disagreements with my guild leadership/management, mostly. I try to keep a neutral/friendly position, but some aren't out to make peace.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Also, this seems to be continuing as of today, 4/20. Damnit I haven't even been on all day.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You can report it as it qualifies as a scam

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/scam-policy#q3

He's gaining access to banks via deception, aka impersonation
Edited by Yzzami on 4/20/2013 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Jeez, that really sucks to hear. =(
Makes me kinda glad I haven't moved my DK, Malkasha, over here.
I hope the matter clears up soon, Mal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
It seems that the impersonator is gone. Thanks for the understanding, all.

~Malscythe
The Crimson Shadows
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Yea that happened to us. I turned in a ticket telling them that I was more concerned that an account got hacked if anything not the things that were ganked. But of course I got the standard of accessibility to the gb. But crap happens
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Jeez, that really sucks to hear. =(
Makes me kinda glad I haven't moved my DK, Malkasha, over here.
I hope the matter clears up soon, Mal.
You're a Moonguardian?
Reply Quote
92 Troll Hunter
One bad apple doesn't have to spoil the barrel, if you get rid of it quick enough. Sounds like Blizzard did.
Reply Quote
Hey mal, How are you after theses years? Im sorry this happens to you. This is a bad thing and the only thing that you can do is to contact blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]