Game Breaking Raid Frames!!!

90 Human Paladin
There is an extremely annoying and game breaking bug with the current raid frames, whenever somebody leaves or joins the group you are in it just bugs it out and you can't click on the names from the raid frames. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed and it is very annoying, and no it isn't my addons, I don't use any. I've also re-installed WoW and it did not fix this issue.

This issue not only happens to me, but everyone in WoW, freaking fix this!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Maybe you *should* use addons...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
/reload ui

And hope no one dies while you are on the loading screen. Most addons have the same issue.
Edited by Sadiemay on 4/22/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
/reload ui

And hope no one dies while you are on the loading screen. Most addons have the same issue.

Basically. I used to use the default frames and drove me insane, I swapped to vuhdo and haven't had the issue yet :3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It's a problem with Blizzard's code. Pretty much nothing you can do about it. Some raid frames, like Grid and VuhDo, have small workarounds that work some of the time but not consistently.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It appears to be caused by someone entering or leaving the group while you are in combat. You can control this somewhat by insisting that people all get in group before you pull trash. Battlegrounds just stink though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
The default frames and X-perl had this issue. Vuhdo handles it better by not adding the new person until you are out of combat but then you can't see them to heal either while in combat in the frames. So, it happens with any of these one way or another.
Reply Quote
The default frames and X-perl had this issue. Vuhdo handles it better by not adding the new person until you are out of combat but then you can't see them to heal either while in combat in the frames. So, it happens with any of these one way or another.

I can confirm that Healbot does the same thing. If someone joins in combat it simply doesn't add them to your raid frames until you're out of combat. It would seem that this issue stems from the way blizzard allows player frames to be manipulated via addons and not from the addons themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
ElvUI seems to be working just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
ElvUI seems to be working just fine.

As I said, some Addons are able to do work arounds, or may only be affected inconsistently. But the issue is actually with Blizzard's code and how they handle raid frames in combat. Until they alter/fix/adjust that, this will continue to crop up.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Most of the popular addons have workarounds for this issue, but like Reta said it's a Blizzard issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]