Thinking of rolling another healer.

87 Blood Elf Monk
I love mist weaver but im thinking of trying something else. Upon reading the sticky about healers I am a bit torn mostly looking for multi target heals so I guess druid or holy priest?

I like having aoe heals for those moments when something happens and everyone takes damage and you need to heal whole party rather then recovering everyone one by one. What do you fellow healers recommend?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
All things being equal and if you were to get it to 90 and raid with it this tier, go pally. Unquestionably.

Holy Priests are far under populated but a good one is a very good healer. Avoid Druid if as you say -
I like having aoe heals for those moments when something happens and everyone takes damage and you need to heal whole party rather then recovering everyone one by one

If that's what you want, you need to avoid druid at all cost at this point in time. That would be called - AE burst heals - Druids current biggest short coming.

Also, you're a monk. Have you tried pushing your revival button yet? ;)
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Monk
All things being equal and if you were to get it to 90 and raid with it this tier, go pally. Unquestionably.

Holy Priests are far under populated but a good one is a very good healer. Avoid Druid if as you say -
I like having aoe heals for those moments when something happens and everyone takes damage and you need to heal whole party rather then recovering everyone one by one

If that's what you want, you need to avoid druid at all cost at this point in time. That would be called - AE burst heals - Druids current biggest short coming.

Also, you're a monk. Have you tried pushing your revival button yet? ;)

Yes monk is a good healer like I said above I love mist weaver im just thinking of something for my 2nd healer. So your saying pally is good for aoe heals?
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
You have a healer, just stick with that one. Having two will just be a pain as you'll always wish you are playing the other one. The grass is always greener.

BTW, right now monks are one of the top healers, I wouldn't roll a new healer unless it's a disc priest.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Yes monk is a good healer like I said above I love mist weaver im just thinking of something for my 2nd healer. So your saying pally is good for aoe heals?

Currently. Yes. Their probable burst potential is the highest in the game imo. I say probable because other classes require very specific situations; Ie, Shaman, Raid must be stacked, little to no movement etc.

But as the Pally said above, I'd probably stick with the monk for now. Master it. Play it for a tier, and if you want something truly new, then switch. You need to hit 90 and start raiding. Everything changes for every healing class once you start raiding.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Currently. Yes. Their probable burst potential is the highest in the game imo. I say probable because other classes require very specific situations; Ie, Shaman, Raid must be stacked, little to no movement etc.

er...what? Paladin burst requires stacking just as much as shaman burst does. The most burst a paladin can put out on a spread raid is 5 holy power worth of LoD; after that they're back to single target.

The least restrictive (and arguably strongest) on-demand burst spec in the game is a holy priest. We also have the most multitarget heals. If you're looking for potent multitarget burst healing and you're OK with some mana management, Holy is your spec.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
You want to roll a healer and don't know which class?
What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Vanilla? Priest
Strawberry? Paladin
Orange Sherbet? Druid
Blueberry? Shaman

You already have mint chocolate chip.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Vanilla? Priest

Chocolate chip cookie dough, tyvm.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I would vote blueberry cheesecake for shamans to give them a little more separation from strawberry plus add in some extra color. My shamans are still rocking the original chain heal, golden with no glyph :D

The advice to stick with your monk is very good. Healing while leveling and healing at level cap (especially in a raid) are entirely different. Get used to your monk, figure out what you like. If I had to recommend a second class I'd say priest since it gives you two healing options with one toon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/21/2013 12:31 AMPosted by Kaels
Vanilla? Priest

Chocolate chip cookie dough, tyvm.

I think naming them based on the class's colour works. I like having an orange sherbert druid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]