10-man Raid Team LF Tank

90 Pandaren Monk
Buttclenchers is a 10-man raid team in Valid Knights with a long history of raiding. Most of us have been around since vanilla or beta, and about half the raid team was with us when we dropped the Liche King back before Cata. Our style is "softcore" -- we're working people, but progression is important to us.

Currently we raid on Sunday and Monday nights from 7:30pm to 10:30pm server time. Our progress is 6/6 MV, 4/6 HoF and 1/12 ToT.

Our main need at the moment is for a tank. The following are our most important qualifications:
- Reliability (both punctuality and dependability during fights)
- Aggressive pursuit of all weekly maintenance tasks, such as Valor Points, Lesser Charms, SPA faction hits, LFRs, etc
- A positive, gung-ho attitude
- Clarity in communications (speak clearly, be willing to speak up, listen when spoken to)
- Ventrilo is required; must also be ready to switch to Mumble if we make that change
- A USB headset (no open mike+speakers allowed due to echo)
- A reliable and reasonably fast Internet connection
- A reliable and reasonably fast computer (able to handle intense raid action without grinding to a halt)
- A willingness to have fun, but also able to "get serious" about a fight
- An item level of at least 495
- A DPS off-spec at 480+ (and be ready and willing to play it)

It is acceptable if you are also raiding on another toon, but we expect you to be equally committed to our raid as any other, and give us prompt, early notification if you're going to be late or miss a raid (several methods are made available). Lates and cancellations should be RARE, but we do understand that things happen.

Our loot system is NBG, Main Spec before Off Spec. Joining the guild is not a requirement, but may be offered. Plan on running with us for a few weeks as a guest before a permanent invite to join the raid team is extended.

Contact Grosheri in game for more info, invite, etc.
Edited by Grosheri on 4/20/2013 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This position has been filled. Thanks for all the interest. :-)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Just curious...why a USB headset specifically? What is wrong with an analog headset?
Edited by Alistania on 4/25/2013 9:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Pandaren Mage
I was thinking this myself, but didn't know if i should ask. But i would think a USB Headset would be faster response time with Ventrilo than an Analog Headset. Or is that a mistake?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
From my experience, I'd guess because a USB headset lets you run vent through the headset and still run sound on your speakers.

Some people put both sounds on the speakers, and when you open your mic up to talk it'll echo and bug the rest of the raid. Though you could do both sounds on a headset, it makes it harder to hear vent or you have to play muted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]