LF a good 85 tankadin leveling build.

90 Draenei Paladin
Howdy!

I am getting back into tank-a-din for the first time in about two years, and I am looking for a good leveling spec. Preferably one for dungeons. I used to go to a website for leveling builds, but they have not updated since the start of Cata, and no, Cata is not a typo.

Please and thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Start with the Prot Pally Guide that is stickied in these forums.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
Here are Macro's I made because I'm really lazy. I used these when I leveled my Paladin from 80-90, it made tanking dungeons really easy. You can use these to tank dungeons at 90 with ease, but if you decide to start tanking raids or something you should move away from using some of these.

#showtooltip Avenger's Shield
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Avenger's Shield
/cast Divine Protection
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Pull mobs with this, or use it to pull mobs that managed to get away and are attacking your allies. use it whenever it's off cooldown
_____

#showtooltip Crusader Strike
/startattack
/castsequence reset=6/nocombat Hammer of the Righteous, Crusader Strike, Crusader Strike, Crusader Strike
/cast Holy Avenger

This macro will trigger Weakened Blows which lowers your enemies physical damage by 10% and it refresh it every cycle.
_____

#showtooltip Judgment
/cast Divine Protection
/cast Judgment

Use whenever off cooldown.
_____

#showtooltip Shield of the Righteous
/cast Rebuke
/cast Shield of the Righteous
/cast Sacred Shield

Always use this before you pull anything to activate Sacred Shield, and keep using this when you generate 3 holy power. It will keep Sacred Shield activated 100% of the time and healers will have an easier time keeping you alive.
_____

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=nocombat/3 Consecration, Holy Wrath

Use this once to AoE down mobs and to hold aggro. Use twice to activate If there is any Demons, Undead. It will damage and stun them for 3 seconds. If you have the Glyph of Wrath it will Stun Elementals and Dragonkin too.

_____

So... for your talent's, you're going to want:

Pursuit of Justice (or whatever you prefer)
Fist of Justice ( I sometimes use Repentance it depends on the dungeon really.)
Sacred Shield (Damage mitigation, makes it easier for healers to keep you alive.)
Unbreakable Spirit (stronger heals from Word of Glory, use if your healer is having trouble healing you)
Holy Avenger ( This is a personal preference of mine, use whatever you feel confortable with.)

Your rotation is basically Avenger's Shield > Hammer of the Righteous macro > Judgement > Hammer of the Righteous macro > Shield of the Righteous > Judgement > Repeat from Avenger's Shield.
Edited by Razix on 4/22/2013 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ya, use those if you want to be mediocre at best.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
Ya, use those if you want to be mediocre at best.

Well, those are just for dungeons, doesn't really matter if it's mediocre or not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So learn to play properly at 90? Gotcha.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
So learn to play properly at 90? Gotcha.

Obviously
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You realize that's horrible advice, right?
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
You realize that's horrible advice, right?

You realize he said he just got into tanking as a paladin and he hasn't played on a prot paladin in nearly 2 years. He's asking for something to get him through dungeons. So I put 2 and 2 together and gave him some macro's, a talent build, and a basic rotation. How's that horrible advice? theres no need to be a d-bag about it.

Nobody learns how to play their class/spec properly until they start running dungeons/raiding at 90.

You directed him to a thread that is mostly suited for level 90 players trying to run Heroics and Raids.

I'm just trying to help him tank dungeons to level to 90. Now if he plans on tanking Raids or whatever once he's 90 he's going to some experience and have pretty basic feel of tanking.
Edited by Razix on 4/22/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I told him to start there. Learning the spec doesn't end at the sticky. One would hope that they would read the sticky and then come back with questions.

You gave him macros and told him to spam them when they come off CD. You gave him a build and didn't explain why you chose what you chose.

Vs.

04/22/2013 07:03 AMPosted by Razix
So basically place these on your spellbar, turn on Seal of Insight and spam whatever is off their cooldown.

There's a big difference, no matter how you want to spin it. If you really wanted to give him advice, you'd have actually given him something useful, such as a resource or even a Prot rotation addon to use as training wheels for a bit. What you posted does more harm than good. I'm sorry that you don't understand that.

I don't know how someone is supposed to get any tanking experience or feel by blindly spamming macros. Going into heroics and raids is going to be a nasty wake up call. Use some logic.

Nobody learns how to play their class/spec properly until they start running dungeons/raiding at 90.

This is also wrong. What you should have said is that no one optimizes, because they can't due to lack of gear and skills. That doesn't mean they can't learn their class.

I'm not going to discuss this with you anymore, but I'm sincerely asking you to please not post those macros here again. You're doing a disservice.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Anybody who's good will start picking up the essentials pretty early on (probably 30 or so, when you have a significant number of primary abilities). By the time you're 80 you should be familiar with the core of your primary spec. Around 90 is when the rest of the spec (utility, cooldowns, etc.) starts coming into play. If you don't bother to know the core of your spec until 90 (assuming you actually leveled as that spec), then you're just lazy or inattentive.

Macroing things together and spamming them on cooldown is bad play, and telling people to do it is bad advice.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
I told him to start there. Learning the spec doesn't end at the sticky. One would hope that they would read the sticky and then come back with questions.

You gave him macros and told him to spam them when they come off CD. You gave him a build and didn't explain why you chose what you chose.

Now I'll admit, I should have gone into more detail on why I chose those talents, I'll edit that in a bit.

Vs.

04/22/2013 07:03 AMPosted by Razix
So basically place these on your spellbar, turn on Seal of Insight and spam whatever is off their cooldown.

read above.

04/22/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Vlada
There's a big difference, no matter how you want to spin it. If you really wanted to give him advice, you'd have actually given him something useful, such as a resource or even a Prot rotation addon to use as training wheels for a bit. What you posted does more harm than good. I'm sorry that you don't understand that.

If anything you're the one doing the 'spinning'. I did give him some advice, I gave him something useful which are the macro's, talent build and rotation. Go reread the post before I edit it. What I posted does absolutely no harm at all.

I don't know how someone is supposed to get any tanking experience or feel by blindly spamming macros. Going into heroics and raids is going to be a nasty wake up call. Use some logic.

These macro's are basically 'training wheels' like you put it. These macro's work perfectly fine tanking LFR and Heroics.

This is also wrong. What you should have said is that no one optimizes, because they can't due to lack of gear and skills. That doesn't mean they can't learn their class.

That's where I was getting to. Obviously this isn't WotLK or Cataclysm anymore of course nobody is going to optimize due to lack of gear and skills. which is why I said you can't learn your class properly until level 90.

I'm not going to discuss this with you anymore, but I'm sincerely asking you to please not post those macros here again. You're doing a disservice.

That's fine by me, the macro's work perfectly fine in LFR and Heroics. There's no need to bash me for my playstyle, and giving some harmless advice.
Edited by Razix on 4/22/2013 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm actually being rather civil. And I wasn't bashing YOU. I do not agree with your 'help', is all.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
I'm actually being rather civil. And I wasn't bashing YOU. I do not agree with your 'help', is all.

Sorry, But I couldn't tell because of the rude elitist attitude you've been expressing the entire time. Anyways I'm done replying to you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
EL OH EL.

Dude, please go Google the word elitist. Once you've read it a few times and understand what it means, feel free to cram it up your cram hole. I'm elitist because I'd like people to research their interests and then ask questions? I'm elitist because your EDITED mass of fail encourages poor play? Encourages. Poor. Play. But I shouldn't say anything, right? I should let you spread this garbage without saying anything, to spare your snubbed widdle feewings. Gotcha.

I'm elitist, because you are wrong. You probably think people that disagree with you are trolls too, huh?

Have fun contributing to undoing the good work that other people have done around here to help people understand the class and play better.
Reply Quote
Probably the only macro that's of any use is the CS\HoTR one.

The rotation for a tanking paladin is pretty easy. Go to icy-veins and look up Prot paladins - you can get a grip on what you are doing from the info there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]