Proposed Weather Changes

100 Human Death Knight
Not thought this through much, but tossing out ideas on how to change weather to be more interesting for more pets, and not make the weather effect feel so team specific or only work really well with certain pets.

Rebuke at will...

Arcane Winds
Current: Pets cannot be stunned or rooted.
Proposed: Pets cannot be stunned or rooted. Magic abilities deal 10% additional damage.

Blizzard
Current: All pets are considered Chilled.
Proposed: All pets are considered Chilled. Undead abilities deal 10% additional damage.

Cleansing Rain
Current: Hostile Damage over time effects last one less turn and aquatic pets deal 25% more damage.
Proposed: Hostile Damage over time effects are negated. Aquatic abilities deal 10% additional damage.

Darkness
Current: All pets are considered Blinded and all healing received is reduced by 50%.
Proposed: All pets are considered Blinded. Dragonkin abilities deal 10% additional damage.

Lightning Storm
Current: All pets deal bonus Mechanical damage on each attack and Mechanical abilities deal 25% additional damage.
Proposed: All pets deal bonus damage on each attack. Mechanical abilities deal 10% additional damage.

Moonlight
Current: All pets receive 25% additional healing and Magic abilities deal 10% additional damage.
Proposed: Accuracy for all pets is reduced by 10%. Flying abilities deal 10% additional damage and always hit.

Mudslide
Current: All pets who enter battle are rooted for 3 rounds. Rooted enemies are unable to swap out.
Proposed: All pets who enter battle are rooted for 3 rounds, unable to swap out. Beast abilities deal 10% additional damage.

Sandstorm
Current: All pets take less damage and their accuracy is reduced by 10%.
Proposed: Pets are confused, randomizing which one goes first. Humanoid abilities deal 10% additional damage.

Scorched Earth
Current: All active pets suffer Dragonkin damage each round and count as Burning.
Proposed: All active pets count as Burning. Elemental abilities deal 10% additional damage.

Sunny Day
Current: Maximum health of all pets is increased by 100% and healing done is increased by 25%.
Proposed: All pets receive 50% additional healing. Critter abilities deal 10% additional damage.

Probably overkill, so suggest changes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Honestly, I think the only one that needs revamping is Blizzard. Chilled really doesn't do much unless you specifically run a small selection of pets that have bonuses with Chilled.

I was thinking maybe something like "Chilled reduces a pet's speed by 10%, stacking each round." So if Chilled lasted 2 rounds, that pet would have -20% speed by the end of the second round. It would force players who rely on speed to pet swap or allow players with speed-negating abilities (Surge) to not be affected.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
At first I was iffy on your idea but I think at least some of the idea's it implements should be added.

Like you stated some weather effect's only effect a small group of pet's. Also only a small number of pet's can set this weather narrowing the family of pet's that will work with both the weather set+ weather user.

Some of these weathers really might make some pet's worth using. Even if it is only in a weather comp.

Also, Scorched Earth's second effect would only effect none elementals with elemental attacks. So maybe adding a second negative effect that elemental's can ignore would be best.
Edited by Annimositty on 4/22/2013 12:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Warrior
I'm curious why you stripped out Darkness' healing debuff entirely, as it's usually used mostly to counter healing teams (most notably teams using Wish).

The Blinded debuff is nice, but only for a few moves like Nocturnal Strike.

I do like the theme you have going w/ each weather being associated w/ a certain pet family though, so that more pets can utilize weather than the few gimmick comps we've been running so far.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
04/22/2013 12:28 AMPosted by Machival
I'm curious why you stripped out Darkness' healing debuff entirely, as it's usually used mostly to counter healing teams (most notably teams using Wish).

Maybe it's me, but I always feel like healing is largely ineffective as it is in Pet Battles, and healing debuffs feel overly punitive to those trying to make healing teams work. IMHO, I've never had any issue taking out healing dependent teams, but I could easily see adding it back in.

04/22/2013 12:28 AMPosted by Machival
I do like the theme you have going w/ each weather being associated w/ a certain pet family though, so that more pets can utilize weather than the few gimmick comps we've been running so far.

Thanks! Post changes, iterations or other ideas. I hope the devs consider as many of them as possible.
Edited by Neue on 4/22/2013 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
04/22/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Annimositty
Some of these weathers really might make some pet's worth using. Even if it is only in a weather comp.

That's my hope. Also, note I'm suggesting weather affects "abilities" and not the pet class itself. So, I'm also hoping that a change like this would help make more pets and pet combinations viable. Like you said, I'd be able to use pet combos that get that nice bump from the weather because even if I use a Humanoid pet, if I use one it's flying abilities (the Gift of Winter Veil on the gnome) during Moonlight it would get the bonus.

I'm not sure if the bonus needs to be 10%, 15% or 25%, but it needs to be enough to make the battle closer, and give people a reason to counter weather.

Also, Scorched Earth's second effect would only effect none elementals with elemental attacks. So maybe adding a second negative effect that elemental's can ignore would be best.

Good point... Maybe a reduced health debuff? Like 25% to 30% overall? Ideas?
Edited by Neue on 4/22/2013 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
72 Troll Shaman
I happen to like Sunshine as it is, thank you very much. I almost depend on it when fighting Farmer Nishi.

I noticed that your list nerfs some weather effects and boosts others.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
04/22/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Mahatma
I happen to like Sunshine as it is, thank you very much. I almost depend on it when fighting Farmer Nishi.

I'm still trying to figure out how boosting health and then taking it away later when weather fades helps in PvE or PvP fights. Seems rather lackluster.

As for Farmer Nishi, I use a Dancing Water Skimmer to basically solo that entire fight and level up pets for ~5K XP a day.

The moves:

• Let low level pet take first shot, Sunflower comes out and casts Sunny Day
  • Swap out for Dancing Water Skimmer with Water Jet, Cleansing Rain and Pump
  • Cast Cleansing Rain to erase Sunny Day, then cast Pump, then cast Water Jet until Sunflower is dead
  • When Turnip swaps in, cast Pump to unload high damage hit before Turnip casts Sons of Root
  • Cast Cleansing Rain, then Pump during sons of root hits
  • Cast Water Spout until Turnip is dead
  • Cast Pump to unload high damage hit on Brood of Mothran when it swaps in
  • Cast Cleansing Rain for a heal on second cast since Mothran will burrow
  • Cast Pump, then cast Water Spout until dead

If you get an unlucky miss or dodge on Mothran, you might have to swap in a pet to finish him off, but anything will do at that point. Nishi doesn't require Sunny Day to defeat if you have a Dancing Water Skimmer.
Edited by Neue on 4/22/2013 2:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]