I'm doing it.

90 Human Paladin
Going crit. Illumination glyph seems like it has some purpose now, not sure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is madness!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Don't do it! Think about your spouse! Your children! Your family and friends! What will they do if you go through with this insanity?!
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
Crit might be a cool stat on its own merits, but you only want the glyph if:

With 30% Crit:
On 4s Holy shock, the glyph is more mana until ~10k spirit.
On 6s, the glyph is only more mana until about 6.6k spirit

With 20% Crit:
On 4s, passed by 6.6k spirit,
On 6s, passed around 4.4k spirit.

Edit: Those values are under the assumption you hit Holy Shock on cooldown with mechanical precision. In practice the glyph is worse than listed.
Edited by Roakhar on 4/22/2013 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
People have done the math on Illumination glyph ages ago and it's pretty much 100% a loss at T15 levels of gear.

Unless you're doing some sort of wonky low spirit-high crit build, it's going to be pretty difficult. And like Roakhar said it requires super precision on Holy Shock, which is not even near impossible, it IS impossible (unless you just don't cast anything for the last seconds of HS every time).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have about 31.3 crit raid buffed. So about 46% on holy shock. I just love the permanent infusion of light. I've actually have less overhealing now. Meaning I need to cast less or use cheaper holy light liberally. Since its .8 cast and has like 30% chance to crit. Getting 100k HL crit is not big deal. So think DL for 9k mana. Not bad.

Mind you crit healing is a play style. It isn't spray and pray. The watch your op zero overwhelming mastery skyrocket past the Druid.
Edited by Meladee on 4/22/2013 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So update. Lots of fun. The power of .7 sec DL and HL are so awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd maybe even recommend not using the glyph and just trying spirit/crit. I do it for a few fights and I honestly love it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd maybe even recommend not using the glyph and just trying spirit/crit. I do it for a few fights and I honestly love it.

I don't use the glyph, its a gimmick. It's a tweak away from being godly/mandatory. So don't ever expect it to be changed. You really don't need that much spirit. Since you can actually use heals other than Holy Radiance. Since HL has like 50% chance to crit. I was getting 77K average HLs for 7k mana. Yes please.

Like I said, it is a play style. You cannot go and blanketeflolmastery2ez. You need to activity heal and watch for over healing. Your on command healing is better than haste and with all the critting mastery starts to become a 1:1 stat with crit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh trust me, I'm aware. In 25 it's often required to spam more, not harder though :(

I can only really use it on fights where overheal is low and damage is constant.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]