Horde Race

90 Orc Rogue
Hey Guys and Gals.

So Making my Human Paladin into Horde! I made him Alliance along time ago to play with friends. Now they don't play so going to play with other set of friends on my Horde server/faction.

Stuck on what to make it. We have two options if I'm not mistaken. Tauren and Blood Elf. I want to do a mix of PvE/PvP on the Paladin. Wondering your thoughts on what race/gender combo to go. I like to transmog gear too and think gear aesthetically looking good is a factor in my choice.

Any help much appreciated! :) (kinda wish Forsaken could be Paladins but very clear why they can't and I understand it heh. )
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Taurens are statistically superior, everyone rolls Blood Elf anyhow.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Guys and Gals.

So Making my Human Paladin into Horde! I made him Alliance along time ago to play with friends. Now they don't play so going to play with other set of friends on my Horde server/faction.

Stuck on what to make it. We have two options if I'm not mistaken. Tauren and Blood Elf. I want to do a mix of PvE/PvP on the Paladin. Wondering your thoughts on what race/gender combo to go. I like to transmog gear too and think gear aesthetically looking good is a factor in my choice.

Any help much appreciated! :) (kinda wish Forsaken could be Paladins but very clear why they can't and I understand it heh. )

Most gear looks good/great on male and female belfs and tauren have some really good ones as well.

Arcane torrent is a great pve(holy) and pvp racial and warstomp is mostly for pvp.

Biggest complaint about Tauren (pun intended) is that they are really big and doors can be a problem.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Taurens are statistically superior, everyone rolls Blood Elf anyhow.

For tanking, maybe.

A little free mana/2 second silence? Can't go wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blood Elves are more fabulous.

So....Blood Elf.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Blood elves get lost in the crowd. Tauren stand out (which can be bad in PvP, we're easier to click on).

Blood elves can look good in armor, but when a tauren wears it, you can actually SEE it, as opposed to running a dungeon and partying with "A tiny person wearing red, a tiny person wearing black, a tiny person wearing reddish-black, and a panda."

Drawback: Many helms look awful on tauren. Dandelion helms... *shudder*
Second Drawback: As mentioned by Lelian, doors. Especially when you're mounted, you can't just run inside a building. You often have to dismount before entering.

Blood elves do have one major advantage. They look very fabulous when they stand alone by themselves, especially female belfs in smart looking armor.

Their racials are fairly balanced out. There are some cases when you want a stun, some when you want a silence. More health for tauren rocks if you care to be a raider. Who likes having the most Health apart from tanks and warlocks? I like having a lot of health. Which, I guess makes Lay on Hands stronger!
Reply Quote
Yeah.. I'm in the process of doing the same thing; switching my Human Paladin to a different server, and changing his faction, because the people who got my fiancee and I in to the game again, decided they just didn't want to do anything with us, and were too focused on themselves. So, as a result, we're both switching our Alliance toons to Horde, and relocating to our new server.

That being said, both races have their own benefit. Gender obviously plays in to personal preference, so that decision rests entirely with you. I agree that Blood Elves are the common choice, simply for the 2 second silence, and the mana boost (very useful for Holy spec'd Paladins). They're still effective tanks, and if spec'd to Retribution, still pack a punch.

Taurens, on the other hand.. mechanically, make the better tanks because of their increased Health Pool. Plus, if you're transitioning to PvP, the Stomp is a great help, considering there's a ton of Death Knights running around the Battlegrounds. I have experience with PvP as a Paladin, but suck as a Windwalker Monk; hence my post for assistance in the Monk forums. xD

Ultimately, the decision rests with you, and what you personally intend to play as the Paladin. If you're tanking with no intentions of being a hardcore Raider; Planning on playing a Holy spec Paladin -- play a Blood Elf. If you plan on doing Hardcore Raiding, and want to be a super tank -- Tauren.

Hope my input helped, even if a little.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]