Can you level as holy and disc?

I keep hearing people say they quest all the way to 90 as holy or disc. Is it really viable? I def want to heal at endgame. Also can you do the mop dailies and all rares with disc or holy?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Sure.. you can level up to 90 in a healing spec. Just use holy fire, shadow word: pain, smite, all that stuff on them. It might take a bit to get their health down, though. If you wanna heal and also level, you could use the dungeon finder tool. It puts you in a group with four other people, and you'd just have to heal them and make sure they don't die.

Yeah you can do the dailies and kill the rares in a healing spec. It would take longer, though. You might have some trouble with some rares, though. Like, with the fish men rares, they use a channeled ability you need to interrupt, or it'll probably kill you, unless you do some major healing, and priests don't really have a form of interrupt. Unless you're shadow. You could silence them. But that has a long cool down
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
If you are talking about leveling from 21 and up, personally, get in heal spec and queue as a healer for dungeons. Until 60, it is easy to get 2 or more levels in a single run. And as healer, your queue is near instant. This even works up until 80, however you will see that questing outside of dungeons gets more and more necessary as you get higher. Cata and MoP dungeons just are not long enough to give a good XP for Time reward.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Also can you do the mop dailies and all rares with disc or holy?
I don't have a level 90 healer, so I don't know if they would be able to take on a rare on their own. But as far as dailies goes, it's always great if you can have a partner to do your daily quests with, much faster. And I believe in the upcoming patch, we will be having tri-specs, so you will be able to use a third spec for shadow, and be able to switch to that when you want to quest. Though again, I remember reading that we were getting a tri-spec option, just not sure when.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I do the dailies as disc quite easily. Some of the rares are tricky as we don't have a true interrupt and can't do as much damage as a DPS or tanking spec (looking at you pandas) But the dailies are no problem at all. Same with questing Disc is easier than holy because of atonement, but Holy isn't *terrible* to level/quest as.

nd I believe in the upcoming patch, we will be having tri-specs, so you will be able to use a third spec for shadow, and be able to switch to that when you want to quest

This has been data mined but not put into patch notes yet, I would be surprised if it made it into game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I do my dailies in either disc or holy depending on my mood. Holy is a little bit faster with Chakra: Chastise with the 50% damage increase. Disc takes a little longer but has delicious self heals with Atonement, so I don't really EVER see my health start to dip. It's completely viable. (Void tendrils helps a lot.)

I'll admit - the rares are a little hard. I don't do them as holy, only disc because the Atonement healing is beneficial to me. I really have to use my toolbox and pay attention. Mana is usually the issue. But - it's super easy to get a group to help out.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Yes and Yes.

Soloing some of the rares is easier with shadow due to the tools that class has. But for anything that does not require a higher level of play, i.e. mop dailies, holy is just fine.

I leveled through dungeons and questing in holy. With the imbalances in the some of the levels, I found I could top the DPS charts and keep everyone. My ability to do that changed level to level, but it is really fun when it happens.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]