Warrior Raid Buffs

90 Human Warrior
Anyone else feel as a DPS Warrior, we offer no real buff to raids?

We get to choose between AP or Stam. Every other class gives two buffs (Paladins having to choose as well.)
But as melee DPS we just can't compete against other classes. Any DK or Warrior tank makes our battle shout useless.

I don't think itd be OP if we got something like Rampage back fury. And maybe even a passive mastery buff for arms.

Just something that will make people go "Oh, we need this buff. We can bring a warrior!" Because as is now why bring a fury warrior when you can get a DK for AP and Attack Speed, or a windwalker for crit and stats.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

Just something that will make people go "Oh, we need this buff. We can bring a warrior!" Because as is now why bring a fury warrior when you can get a DK for AP and Attack Speed, or a windwalker for crit and stats.

Banners, rallying cry, safeguard
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
GDI
We bring demo, RC and skull banner, though most people think skull banner is better for them then it actually is.

I don't think anyone would mind the 5% buff back but I don't think it'll be the deciding factor to bring a warrior.

We're brought for sexy melee deeps.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
It's a little bit silly to ignore the Weakened Armor and Physical Vulnerability debuffs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
GDI
It's a little bit silly to ignore the Weakened Armor and Physical Vulnerability debuffs.

Also that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Raid buffs and utility is the last thing you should be complaining about as a warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
We have utility, but my guild will jump between 10 and 25 man (Doing 10 on nights people don't show up.) And in a 10 man raid there really is no real room when you have to squish the right buffs into it. You almost have to have a DK(or rogue) for attack speed buff. And 2 of the tanking classes already give weakened armor.

I just think it'd be helpful to DPS warriors if we gave something that Protection warriors didn't and vice versa. Or at the very least give Battle and Commanding as one shout.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
DPS Warriors DO give something Protection Warriors don't - physical vulnerability. Prot Warriors haven't had access to Colossus Smash since 5.0 released.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
GDI
If they are trying to fit in every buff a rogue+DK is pretty redundant.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Just for reference, here's my guild's raid comp (Essence of Cho'gall).

http://tinyurl.com/c4ar8tl

We have three Warriors in a 10m, two Prot, and we can cover every single raid buff and debuff, even when our Druid goes Boomkin.

THREE WARRIORS. In a 10m. No, you really have no room to complain about 10m buff distribution; it's not hard at all to fix stuff like this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
DPS Warriors DO give something Protection Warriors don't - physical vulnerability. Prot Warriors haven't had access to Colossus Smash since 5.0 released.

Frost/Unholy DKs bring PhysVul as well.

If they are trying to fit in every buff a rogue+DK is pretty redundant.

Pretty much.

Looks like the OP (at least going off of the Qon/Consorts log) has a Feral, DK, and hunter as physical DPS. Your hunter also had a hyena out so you were down a buff anyways (spell haste; bring a spore bat for the two casters + healers). If anything, you should be replacing the Feral since there's a mage in that 10m group and they bring the crit Ferals also bring. Seeing as they're also an officer though, that's not likely to happen.

Since the hunter was already bringing attack speed, there was no reason you couldn't have sat in for the DK.

So yeah, could just be bring the player not the class.

In any case, we do bring more raid utility than a DK. Their only raid CD (that's useful on a boss) is going to be AMZ, and that's pretty pitiful since it lasts maybe a tick of anything. We've got Cry + Demo along with Skull Banner, we're far more mobile than a DK, etc. The 10% attack speed is rarely going to make or break a fight, especially since it seems that normally the OP has a protadin + warrior, and I don't think basic attack speed affects Sanctity of Battle, just haste.
Edited by Samayael on 4/22/2013 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Warriors actually have it quite good as they have three very powerful raid abilities that aren't available from other classes - rallying cry, demoralizing banner and skull banner. These abilities are useful even when you have another warrior in the raid. Almost every other raid buff is available from multiple classes (e.g. mastery, crit, stats) or is redundant (heroism/bloodlust/timewarp) and therefore useless. On top of this, your tier 5 talents can be very useful to the raid. You may need to educate your raid about these abilities and work with them on when it would be best to apply them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Anyone else feel as a DPS Warrior, we offer no real buff to raids?

Unless your 10 man raid comp sucks, warriors aren't usually taken but we are very suitable for 25 man raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
*Ahem* A list of all the the things Warriors bring to raid...

Attack Power Buff
Stamina Buff
Weakened Blows Debuff
Physical Vulnerability Debuff
Weakened Armor Debuff
Rallying Cry (Raid Wide Last Stand)
Skull Banner (Increased Raid Critical Strike Damage)
Demoralizing Banner (Reduced Enemy damage by 10%)
Safeguard (Someone takes 20% less damage for 6 seconds)

Warriors bring a crap ton of utility to raids. We really don't need anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
GDI
Just for reference, here's my guild's raid comp (Essence of Cho'gall).

http://tinyurl.com/c4ar8tl

We have three Warriors in a 10m, two Prot, and we can cover every single raid buff and debuff, even when our Druid goes Boomkin.

THREE WARRIORS. In a 10m. No, you really have no room to complain about 10m buff distribution; it's not hard at all to fix stuff like this.

Speaking of you guys, how's cho'gal? I applied to a guild there.

Also, half the raid rolling on prot tier.

Must be nice.
Edited by Tesh on 4/22/2013 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
*Ahem* A list of all the the things Warriors bring to raid...

Attack Power Buff
Stamina Buff
Weakened Blows Debuff
Physical Vulnerability Debuff
Weakened Armor Debuff
Rallying Cry (Raid Wide Last Stand)
Skull Banner (Increased Raid Critical Strike Damage)
Demoralizing Banner (Reduced Enemy damage by 10%)
Safeguard (Someone takes 20% less damage for 6 seconds)

Warriors bring a crap ton of utility to raids. We really don't need anymore.

I was going to say this.

I'm just going to quote instead. Pretty much what he said ^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
!@#$ter..l2play issue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Sometimes I feel like most people didn't even notice the change to shattering throw...

Don't worry - it stacks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]