Horde KoS Lists - A little insight, please?

90 Undead Warlock
Especially since you have zero guarantee that Sents won't still be camped by Horde who just do that sort of thing (because hey guess what? They exist far and away beyond Darethy and Sany and the Sneaky Bunnies). And then you won't have access to the kind of network of support that could potentially discourage/break such incidents.

Pretty much, or kick Saturn, that works too.

Show me the kick, and wipe away the debt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/20/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Oolaki

You'd basically have to cut yourself off from the CotR, and i'm not sure you'd be willing to do that.

Especially since you have zero guarantee that Sents won't still be camped by Horde who just do that sort of thing (because hey guess what? They exist far and away beyond Darethy and Sany and the Sneaky Bunnies). And then you won't have access to the kind of network of support that could potentially discourage/break such incidents.

I honestly wouldn't say break away from CotR. Simply discouraging members from actively attempting to make people's gameplay worse, or participating/rolling with people that do such things would be quite nice, though.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
04/20/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Kiraleen
So, I'll toss out a general heads-up to all CotR leadership: having your guild group or help Team Muffin will leave a large chunk of Horde with a bad taste in their mouths about your guild. Why you're doing it doesn't matter.

That's fair. However, I still think that the Horde in this thread are projecting just a tad too much.

Simply discouraging members from actively attempting to make people's gameplay worse, or participating/rolling with people that do such things would be quite nice, though.

The flip side is that we need to know when this happens, because the downside of being in a populous social environment is that you don't have a complete knowledge of everything that's going on.
Edited by Cayreth on 4/20/2013 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Simply discouraging members from actively attempting to make people's gameplay worse, or participating/rolling with people that do such things would be quite nice, though.

I'd add to that that if you take a look at the CotR guilds' rules we already have something similar to what you're asking in place. However, as Cayreth says, we can't enforce them if we never hear about it.

I'd also want more information on what sort of actions prompted this because, honestly, I'm not going to kick people because they have friends, no matter who they are. If they engage in rule-breaking behaviour, that's another thing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't put The Sentinels on your KoS list! They're nice, I raid with them! >:

That being said, I live in the same house as a warlock on Horde who has been known to make CotR members rage. *sigh*

I blame you Darethy. He told me you gave him lessons >:

<3
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Don't put The Sentinels on your KoS list! They're nice, I raid with them! >:

That being said, I live in the same house as a warlock on Horde who has been known to make CotR members rage. *sigh*

I blame you Darethy. He told me you gave him lessons >:

<3

Sounds about right, but yeah I just put them on my KoS because it's better to be broader in who and who is not an acceptable target rather then allowing them to get the first move. Just something you have to do.

As for details Tinox, to be candid with you, you probably are already well aware of these incidents. They've been repeated over and over hordeside, and threads have even been made about them.
Reply Quote
But is it too much to ask players to be civil?

Yes.

04/20/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Aerana
Yes, there is PvP on a PvP server, but I do believe there are lines.

There aren't.

I don't even have a KoS list (considering that I kill everybody I see,) and rather a "Drop everything and engage immediately" list. But I'll rarely stick around to camp unless they were doing something particularly deserving or otherwise camp-worthy at the time. Such as being in a daily questing area that I know they will return to, killing a rare, or fighting other players.

By the way, where are all of you buggers hiding? The honor vendor is rarely fruitful, the shrine is full of people that love to knock me off of my perch but accomplish nothing due to my parachute, and the isle of thunder is full of people that run away from me.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
^ This is why I usually say "Don't bother trying to develop a universal PvP policy." Horde can't/won't promise it as a collective, so why should Alliance be held to a different standard? It inevitably winds up with finger-pointing on both sides, and everyone feeling a sense of great moral outrage. (which, frankly, is more stress than I want to spend on pixels in the long run)
Reply Quote
I don't understand why you folk view camping (or killing in general) in such a negative light. While it can be annoying if you're trying to do something else, it's nearly guaranteed to precede fun times. To put it bluntly, "forcing the hand of retaliation."

This is one of the main reasons I camp outside of situations where it would be simple or deserving. Getting a specific group of Alliance riled up. It often starts some lovely world PvP, which can in turn evolve even further by one group camping another. A food chain of people camping other people and calling in other people to camp the people who are camping people. Or something like that.

The only way I could see any of this being an annoyance is if you aren't willing to participate in improvised PvP, at which point I would question your presence on such a server.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Aggressive Alliance woke the beast.

Warchief [Basic Campfire] has ordered red=dead.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Glory to the kindling!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
The only way I could see any of this being an annoyance is if you aren't willing to participate in improvised PvP, at which point I would question your presence on such a server.

I think because this is not a pure PVP server, there is some expectation (or at least hope) that unnecessary roughness wouldn't be de rigueur. Just the same way that many people expect (or hope) that because we are on an RP server, names and chat won't be as vapid as on regular servers. Furthermore, camping tends to be very much an OOC activity, as it is usually directed at a player rather than at a character.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
This is one of the main reasons I camp outside of situations where it would be simple or deserving. Getting a specific group of Alliance riled up. It often starts some lovely world PvP, which can in turn evolve even further by one group camping another. A food chain of people camping other people and calling in other people to camp the people who are camping people. Or something like that.

While I'm a big fan of escalation myself, I notice that it rarely happens.

For example, when was the last time Team Barba called in reinforcements during our encounters with you? You never run away, I'll give you that, even after repeatedly getting zerged down, but there's only so much fun for us in killing a single commando druid over and over.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
This thread makes me sad. Please stop.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Council of the Resolute is an alliance of four old-school RP guilds: Reprisal, The Indelibles, The Sentinels, and Twilight Empire.

As many times as I have mentioned CotR, or even specific guilds, to horde members and had them go 'who?' the punishment for being in certain guilds may be less significant than is being suggested here. You're just as likely to be killed for being ally, as many players are simply opportunists and red=dead(if I think I can win).
Reply Quote
You never run away, I'll give you that, even after repeatedly getting zerged down, but there's only so much fun for us in killing a single commando druid over and over.

Unfortunately my emergency response team usually consists of up to four people. And they are very lazy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

As Cayreth pointed out in his reply to you, people don't want to pvp all the time.

The RPers I've talked to say they came to RH because they wanted an RP server with an element of danger to it. The pvpers? With a few exceptions, it's been "I have friends here", "The faction balance" or in more candid moments "RPers suck at pvp overall."

There are a ton of pvp servers. There are only six RP-PvP servers. To put it bluntly, f anyone in their heart of hearts believes the RP part doesn't matter or is of lesser importance, they shouldn't be here.
Reply Quote
There are a ton of pvp servers. There are only six RP-PvP servers. To put it bluntly, f anyone in their heart of hearts believes the RP part doesn't matter or is of lesser importance, they shouldn't be here.

Hm, a valid point. I don't particularly enjoy RP.

The difference is, PvP can be forced. RP isn't a mandatory thing that takes place, but PvP isn't really something you can avoid. As a result RPers who don't always want to PvP are forced to use the same excuse, they stay because they like the community.

We basically have a cycle of PvPers who don't really like RP and RPers who don't always like PvP. But we all stay because we like each other. It's a weird relationship.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]