Horde KoS Lists - A little insight, please?

90 Dwarf Shaman
I say we just keep building bigger, meaner RPers.

EDIT: and by 'bigger' I don't mean height.
Edited by Oolaki on 4/21/2013 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

I have a hard enough time keeping my mean streak in check as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

I have a hard enough time keeping my mean streak in check as it is.

Yeah, I just figure that we could discourage the PvPers who are just here for 'easy kills' if the bulk of the RPer population maintained some big guns in a quantity to make fights not go so well for that sort.
Reply Quote
please forgive my ignorance, but what/who is CotR? I suspect my monk is in a guild within this Council (yes? Council of the...). But as I ease into Cata zones and then MoP, it would be nice to know if I'm getting killed for my guild or for walking in the right/wrong area.

ty.

As I said in my previous post, I don't know how ubiquitous these "KoS" lists are or how much Horde really go out of their way to camp guilds on one list or another. More likely than not, you're simply being killed because you're a member of the Alliance, not because a certain guild tag is being specifically targeted. You're likely seeing more PvP simply because there are more people in MoP zones than Cata (and more people in Cata zones than Northrend/Outlands).

With that said, if you are having a lot of trouble as you level, please be sure to reach out to the community. Join the /RP channel. There are also some tips in a recent post I made (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569107449?page=1). Finally, ask for help when you need it. For TE's part, we might not seek out PvP, but we're more than happy to respond if Allies are being camped. I know that there are numerous other guilds (Sentinels, Indelibles, Reprisal, Nights Veil, Pax Umbris, Renaissance, etc.) who feel the same way. Overall, we're a helpful community ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Aerana, you're dismissing how much contempt there is on Horde for Team Muffin. As I said above, if an Alliance player helps them, they get tarred with the same brush.
Reply Quote

You know, I've always pondered what would happen if Aerana slowly lost her mind and took a much more aggressive stance. I imagine that, after becoming more cynical, less trusting, and more willing to see strength as a way to protect the Empire, a little scene like the following could crop up...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Those who do not accept peace and those who stand idly by while death and destruction are rained upon the Alliance are no better than those with swords in hand. They serve our enemies in their own ways - their silence is affirmation, their inaction is support. They know not the Vision of the Empire because they cannot hear it through the clamor of war that their brethren bring." The Empress paused then, looking around to the armored troops gathered before her. Rank upon rank of the Empire's Military stood in silent attention, listening closely to her address. "They, like their brethren, are enemies of the peace we seek." She allowed her words to settle on the crowd before continuing.

"The Empire has always sought peace with such individuals through diplomacy, yet our kindness has been met with treachery and death, time and again. While we follow the Vision, we must not allow ourselves to be weakened, for such threatens the very existence and survival of the Vision. Our efforts have gone far, but we must go further still. We have always embraced the duality of our Vision for we know the realities of seeking peace while preparing for war. Yet this duality goes deeper than that, far beyond such words." She gestured to the banner of the Empire grandly, staring at the twin rampant lions, golden against a blue background. "Our peace, true peace, calls for sacrifices. It is a call that we all knew that we must heed someday and one we have pledged our lives to. And we have sacrificed much already - our own brethren, our families, our livelihoods - all so that the Vision of the Empire might thrive. It is not an easy path, nor a straight one, and my heart has ached with the dawning realization that we must go further still in our efforts. Some respect only strength, only power. While we seek not these things for their own being, they are the mantle we must bear if peace is to be accepted. And so, under our oaths, we shall once more heed the call of the Empire, sacrifice, and accept our path." She bows her head, the very picture of a devoted servant.

"They shall find peace and know our vision," Aerana concluded with a sense of finality. "They shall know such through acceptance, through the seeking of peace, through aiding us in sharing such with others. This has been our way. Yet there is another, a path that we must walk also - Should they not accept the peace we offer, then they shall accept the peace we bring. They shall know it through the sword, through the spells we wield, through the strength of our allies - and through the peaceful rest that comes after we strike."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>.>
<.<

Okay, we might be a ways away from that now...Still! It could be entertaining!
Reply Quote
Aerana, you're dismissing how much contempt there is on Horde for Team Muffin. As I said above, if an Alliance player helps them, they get tarred with the same brush.

Kiraleen, I'm not talking about Team Muffin. I understand maybe they are the single guild on this grand "KoS" list that the Horde shares in the tunnels of Orgrimmar. But I was responding to Lacrimosa, who sounds like he's not in Team Muffin but is still getting killed. In that instance, I'm less willing to believe it is some grand scheme of the Horde to somehow get at Team Muffin and more willing to think it's just because he's an Ally that is reaching higher level zones.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
The difference is, PvP can be forced. RP isn't a mandatory thing that takes place, but PvP isn't really something you can avoid.

*gently caresses Barba kneecap*

My, what a big fiesty druid you are!

*profers a kitty treat*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/21/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Aerana
tunnels of Orgrimmar

*eyebrow*

But I was responding to Lacrimosa, who sounds like he's not in Team Muffin but is still getting killed. In that instance, I'm less willing to believe it is some grand scheme of the Horde to somehow get at Team Muffin and more willing to think it's just because he's an Ally that is reaching higher level zones.

Lacrimosa asked his question in relation to the original topic, which was about why the OP was being camped for being associated with another guild. Yes, Lacrimosa will get killed by Horde. The only guild that comes close to having the goal of camping him until he logs or locking down the zone he's in, however, is Sneaky Bunny Death Squad and even Barba's admitted they're lazy.
Edited by Kiraleen on 4/21/2013 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
04/21/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Cayreth
The difference is, PvP can be forced. RP isn't a mandatory thing that takes place, but PvP isn't really something you can avoid.

*gently caresses Barba kneecap*

My, what a big fiesty druid you are!

*profers a kitty treat*

Um... I think you need to talk to the other end. Maybe. <squints>
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Kiraleen
*eyebrow*

Yes, I know where the secret milk and cookies stash is. >.>

Lacrimosa asked his question in relation to the original topic, which was about why the OP was being camped for being associated with another guild. Yes, Lacrimosa will get killed by Horde. The only guild that comes close to having the goal of camping him until he logs or locking down the zone he's in, however, is Sneaky Bunny Death Squad and even Barba's admitted they're lazy.

I understand that many on the Horde hate Team Muffin with a passion.

However, I still believe that the majority of the Horde isn't going to look at the Council of the Resolute guilds (with more than 1300 names on their collective rosters) and try to camp these four alliance guilds into oblivion simply because a couple of those names occasionally group with an outside guild. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there is a list that the Horde has given to each member of the faction that has a huge list of guilds on it that are supposed to be camped on sight because a friend of a friend once grouped with Team Muffin.

My point is this: I do not think that the Horde, as a collective, are targeting the Sentinels because someone from Reprisal groups with someone from Team Muffin. Do certain individuals? Yes. But as I stated previously, I do not think that this means that there is some universally accepted KoS list that the Horde have in their possession (or if it is, it might as well say "The Alliance" since most of the guilds in the Alliance seem to be on it). It's just some Horde camping Alliance because they're friends with someone who is friends with a guild that camps Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

I like cookies.

Let's go to Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yeah I'm sorry but you can't just say

some of you have the misfortune of crossing paths with us a couple times over in daily areas, some of you we catch AFK in a place you really should have known better than to try AFKing.

and then immediately follow it up with

What's not fun is being camped into the ground.

Wowzers, you kill people doing dailies and afkrs and then get upset when they get a group and camp you into the dirt? Can you really say that you're surprised?

the impression that our guild is KOS to Horde as a whole or several cliques of Horde.

Literally every single Alliance is KOS to every single Horde and vice versa. That's how a PVP server *works*. That's why you all have red names in every zone that is contested. That's why we get ten honor before diminishing returns for killing each other.

We are rewarded by Blizzard for actively seeking out and murdering each other over and over and over again. There is absolutely no mechanical reason in this game for me not to kill people I see as many times as possible in order to maximize my honor gained and even get achievements for just how many people I've killed and the number in my statistics for "people killed in the world" to go up.

WPVP has been a core part of the game since Classic and camping has never been treated by blizzard in any way other than rewarding it versus targets of the same level.

- What's not fun is being camped after you've made polite contact with your camper and have made an earnest attempt to flee the scene

99.999% of the time people make "polite contact with your camper" its to tell them how horrible a human being they are and lots and lots of swearing. The other .0001% of the time people will ask the person to stop camping them and the camper will either

1. Be invigorated at concrete proof that his actions are bothering someone and redouble their efforts and camping
2. Stop camping
3. Get into a very long protracted whisper argument about the nature of camping and who had sex with who's mother the other night.

As someone who likes to think he's killed a decent amount of Alliance on this server I can honestly say that I have only been "politely contacted" once and when they said they wanted to get their quest finished I apologized for the inconvenience, let them rez and fly away and went to go kill the people that spend half an hour telling me just how horrible a human being I am. Because those are the fun ones to kill.

All bets are off if it is an active Alliance PVP guild, however. If I'm repeatedly killing one of them its probably because I want their friends to show up so I can fight them too.

- What's not fun is being told the only reason you're being tracked down and camped is because of the actions of another guild and not any direct or sole act of aggression.

I'm totally up front with people I camp. "I'm killing you because I want your friends or guildies to come fight me."

If you don't want to be used as bait for me to fight other PVPrs, you're welcome to join a different guild. Wearing a PVP guild tag is a sign more than anything that you want to fight and have friends who do as well.

04/20/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Virina
What I do mind is the fact that we can hop over and OOCly wave the white flag and still be ganked.

Where exactly is your guild during all this camping? Are they too busy killing AFKrs and people doing their dailies to help a friend out?

What I do mind is excessive camping.

No such thing especially in a PVP guild. WoW is not a vital activity that you have to do, its not like I'm stopping you from going to work or spending time with your family. If someone is seriously killing you so much that it is impossible to get away through one of the ten billion different ways in this game and you have 0 people on your friends list or online in your guild, then just do something else.

Go make a sandwich, pet a kitten, vacuum for a few minutes, alphabetize your cereals if you have to. If someone is STILL camping you after you just went and did some productive things while they patiently waited for someone who isn't going to rez, chuckle a bit and either log out and play a different character or just play another game entirely/watch tv.

There is nothing stopping you from ending any and all camping of yourself besides pride. Yes, they killed you. Are you going to sit there and let them kill you twenty more times before you log over to the opposite faction and curse them out, or are you willing to simply step away for half an hour and do something else while they waste their time waiting for you.

This entire thread just reeks of entitlement and a major persecution complex.
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Cayreth

I like cookies.

Let's go to Orgrimmar.

Have your people call my people and we'll do lunch.

In Orgrimmar.

With cookies. *Laughs*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/21/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Cayreth

I like cookies.

Let's go to Orgrimmar.

I don't live in Orgrimmar anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Having fun by diminishing the fun of others is bullying. There are bullies on both sides of the Horde/Alliance line, and rationalize or justify it any way you please, if you camp you are bullying, period.

For my guild, the rule of thumb is kill any Hordie you want, from level 1 to level 90, it doesn't matter--kill them *once* and then move on, because anything past that is camping.

Plus, as I level, and become known within the community, it's helpful for me to know how the community (in general) feels about Wpvp, and ganking.

I don't feel this thread necessarily helps you to know that... these posts represent only part of the community in general.
Edited by Ryöka on 4/21/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
04/21/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Kiraleen

I like cookies.

Let's go to Orgrimmar.

Yes, but are the cookies still there?
Reply Quote

My sources say that there is still a stockpile there. We should investigate, just to make sure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

My sources say that there is still a stockpile there. We should investigate, just to make sure.

Your sources are wrong. The stockpile is actually hardtack with a cheap chocolate coating.

Meanwhile, the chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and oatmeal scotchies are in Thunder Bluff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]