Need Pet Trading Advice!

35 Gnome Warlock
I seem to encounter this same issue often now. When trying to trade on forums players make an offer and i decline because the price is just not close to being even, but it turns out on there server it is. I am on Korgath a high pop server and TCG's tend to sell super high while all other pets raid pets etc.. sell super low compared to other servers.

When a player tells me something is 10k in there AH and it is only 2k in mine i don't want to value it at 10k ;(

HELP!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Just figure out how much a pet is worth to you personally, decide how much (if any) from that amount you might be willing to deviate in order to secure a deal, and then stick with it. Don't let anyone bully you into giving up a pet for less than it is worth to you.

Let me give you a stupid example. Yesterday my guy and I went grocery shopping (I just moved to Alabama from the west coast), I cringed at the price of milk, over $4 a gallon when I was used to paying only $2 or so in California and Oregon. He said "Well that's because y'all have dairy cows over there; we don't have them in the South so we gotta ship the milk in from half a continent away, that's why it's so much more expensive."

If I went up to the store's manager and said "I only had to pay $2 for a gallon of milk in California, so I'm only giving you $2 for this milk that you have marked $4.50 and you are going to accept that!"... do you think he would nod his head in understanding and accept my $2 for that milk, or do you think he'd tell me to either pay the $4.50 like everyone else or else get out of his store because I was making a scene?

Different states, different servers, valid reasons for the economy to be different... I might remember where I was going with this if it wasn't so late, heh. You try and make sense of that while I go to bed. o.0
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
HELP!

stop being lazy and spamming the forums with attempted trades. problem solved.
Reply Quote
35 Gnome Warlock
04/20/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Cyprux
stop being lazy

Not sure i see how trading on forums is being lazy. But i can tell you are a real winner so you must be correct.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
stop being lazy

Not sure i see how trading on forums is being lazy. But i can tell you are a real winner so you must be correct.

04/20/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Kilith
When a player tells me something is 10k in there AH and it is only 2k in mine i don't want to value it at 10k ;(

when I wanted TCG pets I found a server that had them cheap. I saw they didn't have any magical crawdads for sale so I sold a level 25 magical crawdad for 15k. Got a landro's lichling and an eye of the legion for 12k combined. Waited a few days with my last bit of gold and got a level 1 magical crawdad.

Posting on the forums expecting people to conform to your opinionated value of pets is extremely lazy.
Edited by Cyprux on 4/20/2013 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
04/20/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Cyprux
Posting on the forums expecting people to conform to your opinionated value

hmmmmm
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
People value things differently, different servers vary, On some high pop servers you can get TCG like a nightsaber cub for 5-6k while on other servers they are 11-12k. Some guy on the forums has been trying to trade a Dragon Kite for AGES and values it at 175k i got a second one in a big trade i didn't need, i valued mine at 100-120k and sold it within 24 hours and i got about 120k worth of pets, maybe even slightly more some of those pets i needed for my collection, two of them i didn't which ill use to hopefully get some more pets i don't have, both of us were happy and it was a pretty fair trade imo. I have also traded a few Son of Animus's as i seemed to be getting them in some big trade deals i had 10 different people value them totally different, its all subjective if you can't work out a deal that makes you BOTH happy just decline politely and move on, there is ALOT of people to work out trades with.
Reply Quote
35 Gnome Warlock
Posting on the forums expecting people to conform to your opinionated value of pets is extremely lazy.

Never told anyone they had to conform to my value... not opinionated by any means... if it sells for a certain price on my server then that is the going price to me. I am not so sure you know what lazy means...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]