Cat form? I THINK NOT

100 Tauren Druid
Swimming in lava hurts.

Haven't found one yet though :/
Reply Quote
Swimming in lava hurts.

Haven't found one yet though :/

I had the same idea as you. Have to heal myself every 10 seconds or so swimming in that stuff...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I bet this was Crithto's plan all along.

"Hey guys, let's see how many of the druid community I can get swimming through lava all at the same time". :p
Reply Quote
I looked in both Firelands and have yet to find these mythical seeds
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
have you guys tried using durid-only skills and glyphs to see if you can make the seeds appear?

I know rogues have to use glyph of detection and glyph of disguise to find their vanity item, Survivor's Bag of Coins...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Drops from a container.

Possible nature of container:

random spawn in firelands
spawn due to boss death
spawn due to spell used
spawn due to conditions met (who knows?)

Given that he said "hard to find" I'm assuming that it's a search, and not some random gimmick or task, as taking down Heroic is now relatively simple with coordinated people.

Alternately
Can someone please tame a critter from hyjal with the minor glyph, walk in and see if anything happens? Squirrels like nuts.

I would like it if we could nail down exactly how to get them before I get home :3. Also, what is their duration?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yea i did a ton of things in Firelands that wasn't "normal".... lolol. Anyways, no luck yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I would like it if we could nail down exactly how to get them before I get home :3. Also, what is their duration?

The buff only lasts for 10 minutes.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Anyone found it yet?

I swear I will get very angry if a blue come back here saying he was mistaken. Hahaha
Edited by Aaren on 5/1/2013 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
my opinion: if this item is in-game, it's utterly worthless unless you want to make your lvl 10 baby durid a fire cat for fun and giggles... which would mean you have 2 durids in the same realm, as BoA items can't go crossrealm and this item can only be looted by durids...

it's much better to get a flamescythe (much less rare and doesn't have a finite duration) and make a weapon swap macro or something...
Edited by Mdarkskull on 5/1/2013 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
There is even a datamined item that turns your cat form into a flame kitty (not the weapon) Burning Seed

Never made it to live though.

These items do exist in-game as of Patch 5.2.

They're difficult to find and Druids are the only ones able to loot them, but once found, they should be considered an item well earned and extremely cherished. Which was our intention in the first place.

Well no one's ever looted any so is this like the sha and galleon mounts were... mysteriously impossible to get?

Also it's a consumable so why make it hard to get unless it has infinite charges.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
nothing in this game has value, nothing has value, other than what you put in it.

WEEEE FIER KITTY!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
nothing in this game has value, nothing has value, other than what you put in it.

WEEEE FIER KITTY!

I'm just saying it's easier to make a fire kitty with the flamescythe...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Yeah, pretty much. You can either get a staff easily, use it forever, use it in combat, use it infinite times...

Or drive yourself crazy getting a 10m item that is consumed.

The gesture is nice, but an utter fail on actual mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah...lasting for 10 minutes compared to permanent green fire + the bag of coins?

.....srsly?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Not sure if anyone said this already, but:

If you click on Burning Seed and hover over Location: Firelands at the bottom, it says "Type: Raid (Heroic)" so I'm just going to assume that this drops somewhere in Heroic Firelands.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I remember a big 'ole thread on MMO-champ with various druids trying various things with no luck finding these seeds, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

If you click on Burning Seed and hover over Location: Firelands at the bottom, it says "Type: Raid (Heroic)" so I'm just going to assume that this drops somewhere in Heroic Firelands.

It also says that the normal version of the staff drops in Firelands (Heroic).

So I don't really trust the accuracy of that
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

It also says that the normal version of the staff drops in Firelands (Heroic).

So I don't really trust the accuracy of that

Yeah, I just thought I would point it out. :/ Not sure myself.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Also, he said hard to FIND, Heroic is not hard, so my best bet is either on a gimmick mechanic (bring something nut related and let it burn!) or a treasure hunt :3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]