Tanking, am I failing?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well... I'm just not tanking as well on this paladin as I am on my monk or my warrior or even my druid. I either am a total sponge with no threat issues, or I'm healing 50% of the healing (sometimes 75%+) and have to taunt off cooldown.

I've read some guides, checked out my reforging and made sure I wasn't forgetting any ability. I would really appreciate it if someone.... Viciously criticized my gear, spec, and reforging. The more honest the better.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Really your biggest problem is just your gear. You're going to have some threat issues if you go up against any decently geared DPS for a bit especially since you really can't be expertise hard capped with that gear set up.

You could throw the expertise enchant on your hands and such but really you just need to gear up before you worry about your performance being from any other issues.

You seem to have a decent handle on what you're doing judging from your armory, I'm not going to make much of a fuss about missing a belt buckle and one enchant on some blues.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 4/22/2013 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Expertise cap is what's needed, but even with my gear I haven't managed it without adding enchantments. Which I don't feel like dropping the gold for on gear that will just be replaced soon.

But I feel as though the threat generation of Paladins is generally weaker than other classes. Our survivability is through the roof, but we can't do enough DPS to hold aggro competitively.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]