(H) Tank looking for guild.

Didn't you literally just call Judson bad on no basis whatsoever? Stop being hypocritical.

You're not a special snowflake. I don't know why you would expect a guild to want to cater to your "need" to not use a boss mod. Especially on this server.

Good luck finding a guild, I imagine that with this post it will be pretty hard to find one. You should probably just transfer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

This is an extra special post. Why would you want me? I think a better question would be why would I want to part of your group? You jumped right in and called me bad based on absolutely nothing. You are certainly something I want to be a part of.

I don't want you, it was a rhetorical question.

I need an addon to announce I used a cooldown? Ignoring the cooldowns what kind of content do you think you are doing? Sounds to me like you think what you are doing is much harder than it is.

You need vent, to announce that you're using a cooldown. Doing heroic modes, which is hard.

As for communicating a taunt... what for? Either the boss changes targets, you can see that, and its obvious because the default blizzard UI can do that OR... the current tank has the number of stacks and/or was just hit by whatever is requiring him to stop tanking. Stack tracking is also something the default frames can do.

You're not communicating a taunt to another tank, you're communicating a taunt to your healers, whom are keeping you alive. On almost every fight in even normal ToT, if a monk taunts a boss without a shield, hots, or a shuffle going in, you'll die.

And finally what the heck is this "and has no real idea of how fight mechanics work"? How do you know if I know how mechanics of a fight work? On top of that what does having an addon have to do with knowing how a fight works?

Fight mechanics? Are you sure you've raided before?

Are you trying to say vocal explanations are missed because of a lack of voice chat and that is why I don't know? If that is where you are going its kind of odd because as a raid leader you should know that no amount of explanations will ever fix people. They have to actually do it and for many people that means a whole lot of wipes.

Really, no amount? I explained the final phase of Lei Shen this evening and my group killed it the first time seeing it, so I think you're wrong, bud. We wiped less than twenty times on a boss only two guilds on the server have killed.

Doesn't really mean anything though because you are exactly the kind of people I don't want to be around.

Funny, because I don't like surrounding myself with incompetent idiots, so it'll be good if we stay away from each other.

I am amazed that at this point people still haven't figured out there is a some kind of major warning before anything really bad happens. Honestly I think this is why so many PvPers laugh at PvEers... I mean how can you win if a mod can't tell you exactly what is going to happen.

There's no warning on almost all mechanics in Throne of Thunder. The exceptions that I can think of are Megaera, Durumu, and Primordius. I mean, assuming you can get past Jin'rokh with terrible puddle placement, you may be on the road to victory.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Kongfuzi with an attitude like that no one is going to want to raid with you at all. Not even casually, most people who are even casual Use DBM/Bigwigs and 90% of the time. if it's not LFR or old content you would have to use Vent/Mumble.

Oh well. Goodluck in your search for a new guild with a post like that.
Edited by Vilerot on 4/22/2013 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Kudos to the Diaz brothers!

I miss them :-(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Interesting. I just read a post this guy made on my realm forums asking about transferring to it. Sad, if he thinks you guys are wrong he's really going to think the guys on my server are terribly wrong. Not a single actual raiding guild will take him with his attitude. Even the crappy ones that barely have anything down. Maybe the social guilds who "think" they can raid but even those require vent/mumble.

Don't think I've seen a guild that truly raids not require vent/mumble/etc for raiding. Even pugs use them. It's not rocket science. Without communication things fail to succeed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Oh noes I made fallen empire mad... how will I ever survive not being wanted by a guild full of people that would rather assume I am bad then every try me out.

Its great to be accused of having a poor attitude by a bunch of people that judge players based on their addon usage. I am sure these are the same players that think they are special after downing a boss using some other guilds strategy, after having watched some other guilds videos.

The real great thing about this is having been invited to guilds, guild runs, etc. by guilds on this server based on nothing by my actual abilities. I should also start reminding people that I am the worlds worst player and they should never ever invite me to anything cross server because I suck so much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Are you seriously still talking?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I should also start reminding people that I am the worlds worst player and they should never ever invite me to anything cross server because I suck so much.

Yes....yes you should.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Ten minutes spent in your recent posts led me to ten other topics where people thought you were dropped on your head on other servers, general discussion, and the monk forums. I think you might have a better chance rerolling, bud. The reason you're stuck in a guild with your wife and kid is probably because they're the only ones who can stand you.
Edited by Ryangoslìng on 4/23/2013 8:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I should also start reminding people that I am the worlds worst player and they should never ever invite me to anything cross server because I suck so much.

I would since last I heard you don't like TP since its an addon to pooping

04/22/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Judson
Kongfuzi doesn't use TP because it's an addon to pooping and he doesn't need addons to poop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Kongfuzi, is this more what you are looking for in your game-play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6e7sO1ss0
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
What do you have against using vent/mumble? Do you have a social anxiety disorder or something?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Its great to be accused of having a poor attitude by a bunch of people that judge players based on their addon usage. I am sure these are the same players that think they are special after downing a boss using some other guilds strategy, after having watched some other guilds videos.

Poor attitude is really nothing more than the fact that you're looking for something and what you're looking for everyone tells you that they require <blank> to join. You refuse and state your opinion and get super defensive about it. That's poor attitude. Has nothing to do with people saying you have poor attitude because you don't use addons but its the attitude you put forth towards their requirements for joining a successful raiding guild.

Seriously, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Your posts show nothing but angst towards those telling you if you want to succeed you should follow the requirements of the guilds that would allow you to succeed. If Fallen Empire rejects you because you cannot conform to their requirements then so be it.

I never said you're a bad player but if you want to get ahead sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to get there. This is no different than getting ahead in a job. You cannot succeed without doing what is asked of you. If a boss asks you to do something you do it or you're finding another job. Simple as that.
Edited by Zookii on 4/24/2013 6:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/21/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Kongfuzi
I also do not use vent or boss mods

That's odd, why would anyone purposely hinder themselves.

04/21/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Kongfuzi
although I might bend on that for the right group.

Ok, well at least you seem willing to the idea if they are needed.

04/22/2013 12:51 AMPosted by Kongfuzi
At this point if you need vent and boss mods to function then there is a serious player skill problem.

Nevermind, doesnt sound willing to "bend" at all.

There are a couple reason people are acting the way they are towards your post.

1) You are asking for people to trust your level of skill, when there is nothing to show for it. Only your word that you have done certain feats during certain times frames. No matter where you look, you will find people constantly asking for instances where your claims are true. Are you able to provide Logs or other measures to show how well you really do?

2)Tying in with the first point, you are asking people to change how they do things, when you are so opposed to changing yourself. There are countless reasons proving why voice communication software and an addon like DBM/BigWiggs is useful. The fact that you are so unwilling to compromise on something that is as small as one addon and a communication software does not look good for later on when there are more serious discussions.

3)Getting defensive about your skill is only hurting you. One person called you bad (there is still a lack of proof saying otherwise) then you assumed everyone else was calling you bad. Which wasnt necessarily the case. That being said, I have no problem calling you bad because your lack of consideration for other people. It is something incredibly small that provides so much information, and you are this unwilling to compromise on anything.

I mean how can you win if a mod can't tell you exactly what is going to happen.

Is this similar to how most people that PvP use Gladius, GladiatorLOSsa, InterruptionBar, HealersMustDie, or BattlegroundTargets? I mean all the top level arena people have to play with out any addons during tournaments, and you really dont need assistance with targeting healers or certain targets in Rated Battlegrounds. Just look at their mana and health. All these addons make your response time that much quicker. Being able to know which people on the other team have used their trinkets, is essential for setting up kills. Knowing when the other team has used major CDs offensively or defensively, is huge in knowing when to push in or when to pull back.

Is DBM needed? your argument is no, because of the in-game raid warning system, which is correct for LFR. Blizzard has come out and said it (this is what, 4 or so years ago now) that they design encounters with the mindset that DBM/BigWiggs is being used. Having more fights be pass/fail because of one shot mechanics or more personal responsibility is just two of the many ways they have adapted encounter design to DBM.

The conclusion I got of you, from this post was that you either:
-tried pulling the "Im a badass and do things with out any help" card which then back fired
-you really are as dense as you are coming off, and think people get offers to be carried by guilds after making such posts
-your computer is really that !@#$ty that it cant run wow with one addon, along side with a voice communication program
-or you are trolling
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well he's gone now. Deleted, transferred or who knows what.

We also don't take anyone in current raids without vent & dbm. To refuse to use either is just hurting the group. Sounds like this guy is definitely full of himself and has social problems.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Hunter
Hopefully deleted, honestly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I was hoping he would want to continue this discussion in trade chat with me :-/ *sigh*
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Kongfuzi/advanced
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Zen
Man this post was epic. I almost wish FE would have taken him just to let him wipe on the 1st mechanic, then told him he was bad and that he should feel bad, just to shut him up.
Edited by Kryven on 4/25/2013 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]