level 80 vs 90/ mounts?

80 Human Hunter
I don't quite have an "endgame" in mind. My goal right now is probably to get to 90 just because I've never taken a toon all the way (usually got bored). However, I'm also thinking that maybe I just wanna to go far enough to open up some interesting activities. Or, at least take a break from the usual quest grind (I have heard that going from 85-90 in Pandaria is painful).

I understand there are some dailies in Icecrown, could I do them at 80 or 85 easily? Does other stuff open up at 85? At this point, I might be interested in doing some stuff in order to get a fun flying mount. What would be some ways to go about that?. Right now, I just have a boring Golden Gryphon I bought in Stormwind. So, what would be a good second flying mount for me to get (not another Gryphon, nothing craft related - don't wanna level a craft just for a mount).

Thanks!
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
I understand there are some dailies in Icecrown, could I do them at 80 or 85 easily?

These are level 80 dailies, so yes.
There are also level 70 factions which reward mounts, so you may want to explore those too.

Many factions have mounts available when you reach exalted, so it's a matter of deciding what you like.

If you go to your armory page, you can see which mounts are available.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Buffydor/mount#status=not-collected

Hover over the mount, it will open a larger view of the model.
If you click the name of the mount, it will take you to the page for the mount.
Like this:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/43961

Beneath the picture of the mount, is a "Learn more" option, if you click the wowhead link, it will take you to a page with comments containing extensive information on how to obtain the mount.
Reply Quote
When you hit 80, start questing through Hyjal, and at 85 you'll be able to start the Molten Front quests and eventually earn Flameward Hippogryph from doing all of the storylines. At 90 you can start doing Cloud Serpent dailies, and you can also return to Outland to do the Netherwing dailies in Shadowmoon Valley.

(I have heard that going from 85-90 in Pandaria is painful)

For some it's because the XP needed to get from 1-85 has been reduced, so leveling through Pandaria slows down more to what it used to be. For others it's because they're tired of seeing the same limited content with every alt.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
at 85 you'll be able to start the Molten Front quests and eventually earn Flameward Hippogryph from doing all of the storylines.

..I'm under the impression that this is currently not possible due to a persisting bug which has been active since MoP went live. >_<
Reply Quote
Well bugger, I'd just gotten back to them but haven't reached that point yet :(

Also had to step away, and meant to add that Cenarion War Hippogryph from the Cenarion Expedition (wowhead.com/faction=942), and Nether Rays from the Sha'tari Skyguard (wowhead.com/faction=1031) are pretty easy to grind at 90, totally doable in a couple of evenings, while the Netherwing (wowhead.com/faction=1015) and Cloud Serpents (wowhead.com/faction=1271) take about a week or two, but it can be less. MF and the Tournament take at least a month, but are MUCH easier at 90.
Edited by Drewb on 4/20/2013 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter
When you say "pretty easy to grind at 90" does that mean doing a bunch of quests to build rep with that faction? And is that why it takes a couple of evenings? I already have done some quests for Cenarion Expedition while leveling in Outland/Northrend, are there really a lot more? Would I be going to different zones if I decided to increase my rep for Cenarion Expedtion, for example?

Thanks.

Also, can I access the armory page within in the game, or just the forums?
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
armory can only be accessed via the forum

Would I be going to different zones if I decided to increase my rep for Cenarion Expedtion, for example?

You'd have to go back to Zangarmarsh/Blades Edge Mountains for Cenarion rep.

04/20/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Buffydor
When you say "pretty easy to grind at 90" does that mean doing a bunch of quests to build rep with that faction?

Yes, daily quests are generally required, but they're easier/faster because any mobs you need to kill die so much faster.. and any mobs you don't need to kill, you can just walk past without needing to fight your way through them (mobs in the Netherwing mine for example)

For Cenarion, Slave Pens and Steam Vaults should give you reputation all the way to exalted.
(but i'll let someone else confirm this, there have been quite a few changes made to the reputation gains since I last did it!)
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Yes, Slave Pens and Steam Vaults will give you Cenarion Expedition rep. However, unless things have changed in the last expansion or two, you need to do the Heroic version of those instances if you want to get beyond Honored.
Reply Quote
And another option for Cenarion Expedition is the DEHTA camp in Borean Tundra, and mainly grinding ears off the Minions of Kaw, just north of the camp. Even at 80 they're cake, and they respawn pretty fast, so between than and some dungeon runs, Exalted is very easy to reach within a day, especially with a head start from all the CE quests scattered around while leveling.

Rep with the Sha'tari mainly comes from grinding for a bunch of drops, then using them to summon bosses, then doing it again for a few hours until your brain has melted and you're Exalted. There's a string of quests as well, and even some I think in Blade's Edge involving the Ogri'la, which reminds me of a Winter Veil achievement, which reminds me of Preserved Holly if a temporary flying reindeer interests you, and if so you can check to see if you had any stashed away, or maybe if any can be found cheap in the AH (rather doubtful, but never hurts to check).
Edited by Drewb on 4/20/2013 11:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
However, unless things have changed in the last expansion or two, you need to do the Heroic version of those instances if you want to get beyond Honored.

I was able to get Exalted by just doing the normal version of Steamvault (over and over again). The other dungeons down there do stop giving rep at honored unless you do the heroic version.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
While you aren't quite there yet, don't forget that there will come a time when you have little more use for Justice Points to purchase gear with any more, and you will be able to "buy" your way to exalted with many of the Wrath factions with JP via items you can purchase from Legacy Justice Quartermasters, like Arcanist Miluria in Dalaran (in the auction area.)

<S>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]