It is time to form the P.B.A.

1 Gnome Warrior
Yes, we need Pet Battlers Anonymous.

Hi, my name is Adduralt and I'm on the road to Pet Battle addiction.
((I know you guys know who this is. It's a RP realm, RP you don't know me and that this is really a level 90 toon.))

It started out innocently enough. One day I was talking to a friend, and he was complaining that he was almost out of Lesser Charms. He hates dailies with a passion, far more than me and I'm known for my own dislike. But he was at the point he would have to do some dailies for Charms to get his Mogu Runes for the following week. Half jokingly, I told him it was time to take up Pet Battles.

"wuh," he said.

I told him when patch 5.2 came out, Pet Battles started awarding Lesser Charms. Personally I don't enjoy Pet Battles. Turn based combat is so 1980s, it's boring to me. I had given it a try once and found I just had to switch to other things to do after a short period of time. At best, it was a way to add new pets to my pet collection but it wasn't entertaining game content beyond that. I pretty much just ignored it.

But for my friend, who hates dailies with a passion, it was an option to try and so I made the suggestion. I honestly didn't think he'd have fun but at least it wasn't dailies. I shared what little info I had with him and off he went.

Soon he was whispering me. He was thrilled. He was getting Charms for no effort and, best of all, without doing any dailies. "I just got 10 from one battle!", he'd tell me at times. He even talked about forming a support group for daily haters to help encourage them to use Pet Battles to get their Charms. I was glad it worked out for him.

I really didn't think much about it, other than the occasional whisper I got from him, until this week when I realized I didn't have enough Charms left over from my daily grinding at the start of the expansion to buy my Runes next week. I'm sorting through my head which faction's dailies would be least objectionable to get my Charms when once again my friend whispered me about how his level 6 pet was one-shotting level 1 pets so he could grind Charms quickly.

Well, I really don't like dailies. My hatred isn't so extreme I completely avoid them, but I really don't like them. So I figured what the heck, let's see how well this Pet Battle thing is for Charm collection. So I take myself and some of my lowly level 1 pets off to Darnassus to do battle with the level 1, 2 and 3 creatures living there.

On my first battle, I win 6 Lesser Charms.

O.O

WTF. A mere 20 seconds and I got the same number of Charms I'd get for doing 3 dailies.

The next battle, I got 5 more.

THIS IS AWESOME.

Suddenly, I'm attacking every wild pet in sight. I'm getting my pets to crush their fragile bodies to squeeze out every Charm I can get. Not every win awards Charms but enough do that I had accumulated over a hundred in just a couple of hours.

Now, I have no mercy for my opponents, unless they are rare quality and not already in my pet collection. Not rare? Already have? It will die so I can get my charms.

I've turned into a vicious Pet Battle monster and it will soon be an addiction I can't escape because it gets me Charms without doing dailies. I understand what has happened to my friend because it is now happening to me. And I can't say I really like it, but I can't stop!

My name is Adduralt and I'm a Pet Battle addict.

How about you?

((yes, this has some RP elements. No, I'm not really vicious. I hate killing the critters but capturing them to later release seems to reduce the chance for the charms to drop and I'm only doing it for the charms. It's still boring, even using higher level pets to one shot low level pets, so I want to grind the Charms out as fast as possible. But omg at least it's not dailies!))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I won't even by anonymous about it.

I pet battle. When they came out, I was not a fan of them and said I'd never do them. Now, I get three weeks of charms in three hours. When people say 'I hate dailies for charms', I point them to pet battles and no one does dailies anymore.

How? Level a pet to level 6. Fight level 1s in your home city.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Yep. Charms. That's ... that's totally the reason I pet battle.

>.>
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Behold my epic nerdiness when it comes to pets, the collection and battling of.

Don't judge me. I'm burned out on the game and this and raiding is all I have. DON'T judge me. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
DON'T judge me. >.>

I'm no paladin, I can only [Jab] you.
Reply Quote
Behold my epic nerdiness when it comes to pets, the collection and battling of.

Don't judge me. I'm burned out on the game and this and raiding is all I have. DON'T judge me. >.>

I shall judge you and I shall find you good for doing something that is helping to keep the game enjoyable for you.

I just wish Blizzard would take out that cheer after you win a pet battle. I'm really not happy I just killed the other pets and that cheer makes me feel bad. It would be better if it was like dueling and you win when the opponent gets to 1 HP.

For now, I'll pretend the critters are going to keep the spirit healer company before getting a rez and running back. Which they actually might be doing considering how rapidly they respawn sometimes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I just wish Blizzard would take out that cheer after you win a pet battle. I'm really not happy I just killed the other pets and that cheer makes me feel bad. It would be better if it was like dueling and you win when the opponent gets to 1 HP.

I try not to think about the cruelty involved in it.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
I pet battle sometimes out of boredom or waiting for dungeon ques. But i dont consider killing them more of fainting like pokemon battles if anyone ever played it. If you havent you would use creatures you catch in balls and fight other creatures and when their health hits zero they faint. I think the same concept when i pet battle. And if i'm more aware of the battle with the dying I have this negative thinking of you were a pain in my -bleep- that pet deserved to "die" and the player deserved to lose... but that thinking only happens when they use over powered combos that seem to be unable to counter.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
and yes i have anger issues when i run out of patience of losing to the same player or pets i battle.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I gleefully shot way too many critters for Crittergeddon to pretend that killing them in pet battles bothers me.

I remember way back when, I kept /clucking at this chicken in Brill to get the quest to feed it and get the Westfall Chicken pet. I must have spammed my /cluck macro two hundred times and then I finally got mad, shot the chicken, and /clucked at the one standing next to the corpse.

That one only took like three /clucks. I think he got the message.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I was a Pokemon addict from the day the game hit the US to later last year. I finally kicked the stuff and told myself, "Never again, Wibo. Life is too short." Until I was told about all the XP my alts could get doing pet battles and doing pet battle dailies. Now I have a Lvl25 Dark Phoenix, I'm leveling a Core Imp, and I'm bugging my girlfriend to buy me a Cinder Kitten for my birthday.

Curse you, Blizzard Entertainment! A pox upon your children and you children's children! A pox I say!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]