It just isn't right.

It's time it's said... not just for one but for all... Attonement healing has been around since WOTLK if I remember correctly, possibly before. Never before has it been an issue for anyone... ever. All of a sudden a new class shows up with the same mechanic but nerfed down to 25% of it and it gets brutally abused for it?

Fistweaving is a difficult task. Jab Jab Uplift isn't fistweaving. Being able to successfully maintain your buffs while paying careful attention to your GCD's and maximizing efficiency out of your character doesn't make you OP, it makes you good.

Mistweaving is almost like shaman healing... you get a stupid totem that doesn't do much, a couple crappy procs on a chain heal and boom...

Disc priests... OMG you're getting so much grief right now. I'm sorry...

All that being said, I'll say this. There isn't a class in this game, healing, dps or tank spec that hasn't been called OP and nerfed into oblivion. So many classes are being shelved because people whine way too much about how they aren't as good as someone else and Ghostcrawler takes away what little glory we try to keep by sticking to our classes, no matter how nerfed.

I've mained every class in game, over almost a solid 8 years playing and I'm finally enjoying the monk class. It's not because it's different, it's because it's busy and tedious enough to keep me from sleeping during raids and randoms.

If you really want to take anything away from anyone, take dwarves from the alliance, nobody plays them. Take random BG's out of the game, all people do is whine about them as a whole. Take old content and refresh it like you did a few runs in Cata and now a few more. You're on the right track Blizz, just stop nerfing the few things people do enjoy...

Sincerely, a Warrior turned Paladin turned Rogue turned Mage turned Shaman turned Monk.

(Food for the trolls: Stop whining because you can't compete and roll your own, it's more than worth the 4-5 days it takes to get to 90.)

(90)Prankadin @ Uldaman
(90)ManapÄuse @ Uldaman
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
(Food for the trolls: Stop whining because you can't compete and roll your own, it's more than worth the 4-5 days it takes to get to 90.)

Because that is how you balance a game?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Only the baddies are complaining with any sort of "The Sky is Falling" mentality.

Those of us who play this spec, enjoy this spec, and wish to succeed with this spec, will make due with what is handed to us.

The issue is not that Atonement is being nerfed. The issue is that we've been on a dev roller coaster this Xpac. From one end of the spectrum to the next-- Disc has been hard to balance for the entirety of MoP. We're like consistency, not an over powered toolkit.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
They keep nerfing disc, but I wonder if they could be bothered to fix it. I'm no expert on the class, but PoH seems to really need a reworking. My thoughts on how to fix it are:

Increase range to 40 yards from target, up from 30. Why should the mage standing at 35 yards from melee not get AoE healed if it's a disc that's casting? (edit: looking up aoe spells, it seems mine is also 30 yards from target. I think I don't notice as much because it's a smart heal. I notice very easily when one player wasn't in range for spirit shell.)

Make it a smart heal, unless you have spirit shell active. That is, it hits the target, and 4 other people based on health percentages, but if you have spirit shell on, it reverts to group heal.

Decrease the cast time, or let it be cast on the move. Either one is fine.

Adjust mana cost and healing done as needed to balance.
Edited by Lifa on 4/22/2013 5:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Tell you what, I'll bring the skewers if you bring the Dwarves.
Reply Quote

Come near me and I'll bite your bloody ankles off!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I try not to roast friends...

Maybe just marshmallows.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
They still have barely touched the damage side of the attonement equation. Which is all backwards. It's like OH NO, the attonement smart heal will be a 30% smaller. But the DPS is nearly the same. DPS that has lead guilds like paragon to bring double disc so they can 3 heal content but still have the DPS to kill the boss as though they 2 healed it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Atonement didn't exist until Cataclysm.

In Wrath you had penance which you could use as a heal OR as damage, it never did both at once.

To Pitkanen: if the atonement healing is nerfed it reduces the effectiveness of stacking those discs by lowering their healing output. Currently a disc doing the same single target dps as a monk gets about 60% more healing from it (100% vs 60%). Add in that disc has better cooldowns and it's pretty clear why it's disc being stacked despite monks being able to put out similar dps numbers (better on aoe). It isn't solely about the damage...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Yeah, fistweaving being only a 20 yard range, constantly dealing with even the smallest boss movement, and the lack of burst mitigation put MWers behind disc atm for 10 man optimizatoin.
Reply Quote
I sat last night and thumbed through all of the forums about fistweaving and it's just sad how many shamans and druids were whining about how undesirable it is to have in group because everyone's all about 100% heals or 100% dps, not 50/50. It isn't 50/50. It's a play style that needs real focus on functionality. Monks and priests should have the smart heals, why not? My point was people shouldn't complain about something they just can't wrap their WOTLK scrub heads around.

On a side note, I vote we feed the Dwarves to the dikkety ookin grook dookers, the Forest Hozen. They seem hungry... really hungry.
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 06:09 AMPosted by Flintte

Come near me and I'll bite your bloody ankles off!

I'll wait til this one passes out drunk, he's a bit feisty.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/22/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Kanä
My point was people shouldn't complain about something they just can't wrap their WOTLK scrub heads around.

Funny, your first achievement is from 2009 right smack in the middle of wotlk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It's possible he created a new account for one reason or another.
That's what happened to me-- only my new account was created several months prior to BC launching, haha.

04/22/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Sadiemay
My point was people shouldn't complain about something they just can't wrap their WOTLK scrub heads around.

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I sat last night and thumbed through all of the forums about fistweaving and it's just sad how many shamans and druids were whining about how undesirable it is to have in group because everyone's all about 100% heals or 100% dps, not 50/50. It isn't 50/50. It's a play style that needs real focus on functionality. Monks and priests should have the smart heals, why not? My point was people shouldn't complain about something they just can't wrap their WOTLK scrub heads around.

On a side note, I vote we feed the Dwarves to the dikkety ookin grook dookers, the Forest Hozen. They seem hungry... really hungry.

Lol! I just posted on another thread that I was all for 50/50 splits ^^o
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

Haters.
Reply Quote
there's a reason my first achieve was in 2009. i stopped playing for a while, probably a year or so and if you didn't know, you can't earn achievements offline. look... there's a surge of them... Dameyan @ Uldaman is my old warrior, he's been around since nilla days.
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Sadiemay

wtf achievement do i have as a first achieve?
Reply Quote
@sadiemay judging by your redonculous achievement points... also starting in 09 and your current gear spectrum, you should really watch the punches.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/22/2013 02:44 AMPosted by Kanä
Attonement healing has been around since WOTLK if I remember correctly, possibly before. Never before has it been an issue for anyone... ever. All of a sudden a new class shows up with the same mechanic but nerfed down to 25% of it and it gets brutally abused for it?

Atonement was added for Cata. You probably think it was as old as WotLK because patch 4.0.1 implemented Cata changes a month before the xpac was released.

Atonement wasn't an issue during Cata because it wasn't as powerful as it is now. Before Atonement had a 15 yrd range, was activated only by Holy Fire and Smite and casting Penance on an enemy only produced damage. Each heal was also capped at 30% of the priests health, preventing damage modifiers from making the heals massive. Before Atonement was done to get Archangel ready for burst damage and it healed melee. The range and heal limitations prevented it from being an effective raid heal. They still had to use reactive, targeted healing a good percentage of the time.

Patch 5.1 is when Atonement became OP. That's when the heal range was changed to 40 yards. More and more players switched to Disc and people started complaining about absorbs. Absorbs may need to be modified, but the really overpowered part to Disc priests is that they can throw out a strong smart heal every 1.5 seconds and it will almost always heal the most injured raid member and possibly apply a shield. They don't have to think about who to heal. They can tunnel vision and if no one needs healing it doesn't matter because it will always do damage and they have no mana concerns. Disc has become a thoughtless, easy spec.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]