Deciding on a class

7 Troll Monk
F YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY:
---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60

What have you played before?
Shaman to 60 in Vanilla (was pretty decently geared, BWL, AQ40)
Rogue to 60 in vanilla (not geared)
Warrior to 80 (decently geared - found warrior pvp kind of depressing when i was undergeared, once i got decently geared was very enjoyable)

Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed!
There was nothing about my shaman I didnt enjoy, however, from the look of it they've changed so so much so really not sure about them anymore.

rogue: I always enjoyed the pvp aspect of my rogue, However, I was never extremely good or geared - so not sure if rogues are like warriors in that gear makes it more enjoyable.

warrior: really enjoyed pvp aspect once i was geared, dps in raid was kind of boring and ive always wanted to tank, but never done it... so worried I will fail immensely ahaha.

With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling?
Solo

Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons?
abit of everything! I have an account which i might even be able to SOR (will have to check)

Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? I would like to do a bit of both, especially seeing the changes in 5.3 it seems it is favorable to use both PVE and PVP gear (not sure). However, I don't have all the time in the world anymore so wont be raiding intensely or anything.

Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character?
probably single character

Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!).
If combat class pandaren - because they look funky! if ranged maybe pandaren or anything horde

Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged?
heal/tank or dps is fine PVE. Pvp Definately want to DPS. Melee or ranged both fine.

Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc)
Blink, heroic leap etc - I enjoy moving in pvp

Hybrid or pure? Does it matter?
Doesn't really matter, just not a druid! Ive never been able to enjoy druids for some reason (even though it seems like the logical choice for me ahah!)

Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter?
doesnt matter

Throw in any extra details here:
Ive always liked the look of mages and have played them once on mates computers. Ive done a bit of reading etc re the state of the game atm, but don't want to roll the wrong class! (especially if i Scroll of res).

I like to play classes where I am frequently moving and having to adjust/react in pvp. I also like to feel as though im making an impact on the fight.

I also don't really feel like healing in pvp, but dont mind healing in pve!

thanks guys, sorry if my grammar is terrible and im outdated on anything ive said about the game! its been awhile
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Based on what you listed, Druid is the natural choice. However, since you said no to druid, take a look at the Monk. As Pandarans can be either Horde or Alliance, you can make that choice later. I have a 90 Monk that is my main, and it has been a blast to level and play and raid with. I dont PVP, so cannot answer to that, but the mobility is awesome.

Whatever you try, stick with it until at least 30.
Reply Quote
7 Troll Monk
Have taken your advice and rolled a monk (= loving the feeling of a fresh class ! ty
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]