Warlocks are literally a 1 man army class.

90 Undead Warlock
04/21/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Tabliope
literally

/sigh

04/21/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Tabliope
literally
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
04/21/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Midi

Ok but we are not a warriors, which is why I lol at this thread. But, like you said /shrug
Oi, I resemble that.

I'm not 100% sure personally it's a "hard to handle" for class X. So far with Warrior, Rogue, and Hunter they all have the same traits. It actually reminds me of Paladin bubble then heal.

I've got no generalised problems with locks, but their tendency to hit 20%, go immune (ok, absorb), and heal up to full is a tad annoying. Especially when a fear/seduce doesn't break when I get hit by a 200k Chaos Bolt (and yes, not at the same time, I get that). Still, the survival and raw damage capacity is a little what the... Actually, reminds me of Monks.

Jugaa, honest question. How do we deal with that? I get a lock down low, they "bubble". I then get a chaos bolt to the face for 200k+ while I can do no damage to them. What's the counter to that? I know I'm missing something, so throw me a bone :)

Wonder if shattering throw works against it.

Well, you can fear us, silence us, stun us, or just sit on our face and deal damage, then watch our "bubble" kill us after we're no longer immune. Did you know that our bubble actually is a DoT after we soak up some damage? Spell reflect tends to work wonders against CB.

While this whole time, the lock is trying to kite you, and hardcast as our instant spells are garbage and we snare ourself for moving while casting.

You even have a fear immunity. C'mon, killing a lock isn't that hard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I think this thread should clarify destro locks are insane...AFF is still meh in pvp without a pocket peeler and a pocket healer.

Yeah, that ONE spec that does well in PvP needs to be nerfed. If they're going Aff, then they're totally fine as melee can sit on them and nothing happens, and the warlock surely dies.

But !@#$ you if you play Destro.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
04/22/2013 02:31 AMPosted by Bazuul
I think this thread should clarify destro locks are insane...AFF is still meh in pvp without a pocket peeler and a pocket healer.

Yeah, that ONE spec that does well in PvP needs to be nerfed. If they're going Aff, then they're totally fine as melee can sit on them and nothing happens, and the warlock surely dies.

But !@#$ you if you play Destro.

Shall we add BM hunters, Frost DKs, Arms Warriors, Frost Mages, etc to the list? Nerf the best pvp spec of all classes, and all specs of hybrids. Swing that bat. It's hard to offer more tips on how to kill Locks than have been listed in this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
04/21/2013 03:37 PMPosted by Yeps
locks are strong but not OP enough to require a nerf, it's a l2p issue

in arena this is true

in any other form of PvP locks are extremely OP

they have the highest surviabilty of any non healer to go along with burst that's pretty high on the list of best burst in the game. Fear is also the most gamebreaking spammable CC because it can potentially take somebody out of a fight for 2 to 3 times as long as a polymorph or cyclone, not to mention people taking 150k+ damage without fear breaking. And if you consider pet sleep, warlocks can spam CC on 2 targets at once.

When I play my ret pally, I often get outhealed by warlocks in battlegrounds, and this is even when I'm playing my best and healing/supporting my group.

It's completely broken.

I agree with OP. They are extremely OP. I guess it is the nature of people to defend their class even if it is OP. No one wants to get nerfed. Some classes just seem to get nerfed more than others.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I agree with OP. They are extremely OP. I guess it is the nature of people to defend their class even if it is OP. No one wants to get nerfed. Some classes just seem to get nerfed more than others.

The irony of a DK calling another class OP is causing my sides to hurt with laughter.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/22/2013 02:31 AMPosted by Bazuul
If they're going Aff, then they're totally fine as melee can sit on them

This is what it sounds like people want for locks. Us to just sit there till dead...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Probably because locks can finally fend for themselves...after being the class who needed a healer with them. It's ok, they will get used to it eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm talking 1v1, even 2v1 we can hold our own for a little bit...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Destro isn't a problem, Demo is where the problem is. No casting at all? Pets doing about 50% of damage?

I should have saved the recount of a few arenas I did against warlock/healer as survival hunter/healer. 35% damage was from imps/wild imps. 20% was from being melee'd by their pet. And people say hunters are the ones that just sick their pets on people and go afk?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/22/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Amojun
All I fear from you guys at 85 is condition where I am running away feared while you wind up a chaos bolt.

But see, as you run away in fear...you are running out of range of CB at times. Unless you have KJC and can cast on the go, it sucks when CB doesn't work because feared out of range.

35% damage was from imps/wild imps. 20% was from being melee'd by their pet.

Demo is all about pet damage...
Edited by Jugaa on 4/22/2013 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
And this is more offensive than a BM hunter for what reason?

I don't complain about hunters..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]