PvP Pet Battle System - Totally unfair.

90 Human Death Knight
I know there is a few other threads about this issue already but there is something that is common theme with this system and am wondering if anyone else has noticed.

Apart from the typical opposing team pets being 1-2 levels higher than your highest pet. The system is also matching pets that are most commonly rare pets AND pets that are better matched against the ones you are using.

If you also take a look at the actual player you are going agaist, 95% of the time they are completely decked out in the most perfect and straight forward 'Tier Gear'. Somehow I don't think random players you go against will always be pure Tier gear and look stock standard for it.

I would dare say we are not playing against another 'player', more so we are playing against a bot, which through the pvp pet battle system is ultimately making it unfair against the team you choose to play with, as stated above.

What the concern here is not all of us have the time to run around each leveling area just to try and get a wild pet to battle against and constantly have to keep waiting for 8mins at a time to heal the pets you are using to continue on.

The game does have other things you/me/anyone would like to do, e.g. Questing, Dungeons, Raids, Farming, Profession leveling etc. etc. So how does it make it fair that you have to lose 90% of the time due to Blizzards unfair PvP pet battle system and then be told "go and level your pet(s) with the wild ones" ??

Honestly, come on?

End rant.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I would dare say we are not playing against another 'player', more so we are playing against a bot, which through the pvp pet battle system is ultimately making it unfair against the team you choose to play with, as stated above.

Honestly, come on?

End rant.

My favorite part.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I am a huge fan of the Tin Foil Hat (mine has holes in it for my horns) but you definitely aren't VSing the game in PvP battles. There are a number of random models that you will come across in PvP battles. The pets do belong to another player, I have queued against a friend's Tauren Druid before and she was a Night Elf Priest in T3 in the battle, but the pets were hers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
The game puts you in a random "disguise". It's definitely another player. Also, not a lot of people battle until they've gotten at least a few pets to 25, so you get some pretty slim pickings at low levels. The game tries its best to match you with someone of your level, but allows some leeway so you can actually get a match without waiting for days.

My suggestion, level your pets and try it at 25.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thanks for some of the clearance on the 'models'.
Had a person in game have a chat with me as well, thankyou for that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]