Books you read, then read again, and again

90 Tauren Druid
One series of books I like, is the 12 book (4 trilogy) set by Louise cooper, that is set in a world of Chaos Vs Order. It's a nice series (the last trilogy is a childrens series granted, but the first 3 aren't).

They're really well written and if she hadn't died years ago, I believe she'd have written more.

It's also a shame that her classic 7 book indigo series has vanished into the nether as well, as that was a good book series. But no-one seems to have the manuscripts anymore, so even finding one of the books is rare.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. Probably the two greatest "fantasy" books I have ever read.
Reply Quote
I re-read the chronicles of thomas covenant the unbeliever every couple years or so. I really like the idea of "the land" being something magical. Good characters in those books too. Not sure if it's still in print anymore. I have also read the Ender's Game series several times. Some of the science fiction in those might just be coming true.

And I have read the lotr books about 5 times. There is a lot to uncover.

Edit: Almost forgot: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! RIP, Scott Adams
Edited by Siofris on 5/19/2013 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Fire and Ice (game of thrones books) <3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/19/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Siofris
I re-read the chronicles of thomas covenant the unbeliever every couple years or so. I really like the idea of "the land" being something magical. Good characters in those books too. Not sure if it's still in print anymore.

I really want to re-read those but the first book is such a stumbling block. First time through, it probably took me as long to read Lord Foul's Bane as it did to read the next 5. Granted, that was 20 years ago so maybe it won't seem as dull to me now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Every Stephen King book I own I think I've read at least 14-20 times already. Okay- the newer ones probably about 3 times.
Edited by Jujubiju on 5/21/2013 12:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Susan Cooper’s “The Dark Is Rising” Pentalogy.

Guy Gavriel Kay’s “The Fionavar Tapestry”

Tolkiens’ “The Lord of the Rings” (My first introduction to fantasy back in 1975. I still remember finding these books at the British Council Library in Jakarta).

K’tut Tantri’s “Revolt in Paradise”. I actually owned copies of this book in English, Dutch and Indonesian. I prefer to read the Indonesian version. It seems to flow better.

David Gemmell’s “Drenai Series”. I bought a copy of “Legend” (Puffin Edition) at Dark Fantasy in Berkeley in 1987, and fell in love with his style of writing.

Almost all of Louis Cha’s novels. I can not count the number of times I have read “The Condor Trilogy” and “Smiling Proud Wanderer”. The character Di Yun in “A Deadly Secret” broke my heart. No other authors have put their main character through so much misery. “Ode to Gallantry” and “The Deer and the Cauldron” make me smile. Qiao Feng’s bridge and death scenes from “Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils” still make me cry inside every time.

Some of Liang Yusheng novels. Primarily the Tien San (Mount Heaven) series. His work ranges from great to mediocre.

Some of Gu Long’s novels. The quality of his works varies tremendously from novel to novel. He is much worse than Liang Yusheng. Some of his books are really good. Some are not worth the paper they were printed on. Even if they were printed on the cheapest toilet paper.

As you can see I like my Wu Xia novels. Probably why I like David Gemmell so much.

Other guilty pleasure books include Asterix, Tin Tin, R.A. Kosasih’s Mahabarata and Bharatayuda, and Ganes T.H. books.

Last but not least is Achdiat Mihardja’s “Atheis”. I received a copy of this book from my great uncle who was in jail from 1966 to 1979 for being a member of the communist party in Indonesia. This is something that I read once every 2 to 3 years to remember him.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Watchers, by Dean Koontz. Great book. Though I am mainly a fantasy person when it comes to books, I have probably read that one more than any other. I am a dog lover and the idea of an intelligent dog raises a child like delight within me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

the Anita Blake books (up until Obsidian Butterfly. not a fan of the books after that one)

Same here. Obsidian Butterfly is easily the best book in the series. And it is followed up by the absolute worst in Narcissus in Chains. I stopped reading after that so I don't know if it got even worse or not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I could read American Gods by Neil Gaiman til the end of time.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I have read the Dark Tower series (I kid you not) about 19 times. Rereading "Under the Dome"- that way I can complain when the TV series is out.
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/20/2013 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Arthas: Rise of the Lich King

The Night Angel Trilogy: The Way of Shadows, Shadows Edge, and Beyond the Shadows.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Every year I re-read all the Harry Potter books, and the I read Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow and the sequels and side stories at least once a year, sometimes more than once
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Starship Troopers and Ender's Game.
Reply Quote
21 Human Warrior
I love Nicholas Sparks' books.

Oh wait..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ender's game series is fantastic.

Also "A Song of Ice and Fire" is phenomenal. George RR Martin is the God of writers imo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i reread various Rogue Warrior titles by Richard Marcinko

whenever i find a copy of Black Hawk Down, i spend at least half an hour skimming through it
Reply Quote
54 Orc Warrior
Gotrek & Felix.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The only books I read over and over, year after year, without the magic ever fading away are the first books I ever read, and my introduction to fantasy, the Harry Potter series. They never get old, even on the umpteenth reread.

Aside that, I don't reread too many books, although I imagine I'll be rereading A Song of Ice and Fire again in preparation for The Winds of Winter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]