Unhappy with Execute

90 Human Warrior
Execute sucks. Mortal Strike often does more damage. What happened? this ability used to be an actual execute. Im talking from a mostly pvp point of view.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
sudden death procs in Wrath happend
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
RoC
Execute macro.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
04/20/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Schmuckle
Im talking from a mostly pvp point of view.

Yeah, I think that much was obvious lol. Considering my Execute is regularly over 1mil.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
04/21/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Spärtäcus
Im talking from a mostly pvp point of view.

Yeah, I think that much was obvious lol. Considering my Execute is regularly over 1mil.

In the little bit of raiding Ive done this patch it seems to hit hard. In PvP, however, it is very lackluster. If it crits its good. I seem to crit with execute about 1 in 6. The non-crits are hitting for about 30k most of the time. I think something should be done so even a non-crit feels like a hard hitting move.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Sudden Execute still makes it worth using.

I think the only issue is that the damage is unreliable. I've both seen ridiculously powerful hits and questionably weaksauce ones from Execute.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
people cried immensely at how crazy hard execute hit at the beginning of MoP.

Too much back end damage they said. Raids wont take us they said. So they nerfed it in favor of more consistent damage all around.

At least that's how i'm remembering it.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
So they nerfed it in favor of more consistent damage all around.

still waiting for the consistent damage buff. We're still back loaded.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Honestly their best solution is to make it hit like it used to, and slap a cool down on it (nothing extreme, like 5- 10 seconds maybe 15, that way its not spam-a-cute in PVE, and worth a !@#$ in PVP); seemed to work with Hunter execute, and lock execute. I would prefer execute to you know... actually kill someone when i hit it, not make overpower more appealing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Honestly their best solution is to make it hit like it used to, and slap a cool down on it (nothing extreme, like 5- 10 seconds maybe 15, that way its not spam-a-cute in PVE, and worth a !@#$ in PVP); seemed to work with Hunter execute, and lock execute. I would prefer execute to you know... actually kill someone when i hit it, not make overpower more appealing.

Exactly. It has always been one of the warrior signature moves in my relatively short wow career. It used to be if a player got that low near a warrior, it was good night. That is not the case at all anymore.

Would it be feasible if Execute used all your rage and scaled with how much rage you had? And say usable on a target at 30% or lower- or would this be overpowered?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
still waiting for the consistent damage buff. We're still back loaded.

300-500k opening burst says hi.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/21/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Aiyanna
So they nerfed it in favor of more consistent damage all around.

This is very vague, too. Our damage is done in spikes, which is a huge advantage, as I see it. Sitting on resources till you have the right dps multipliers to dump them is hard, I guess, but the tradeoff is that on any fight with damage-taken burst windows or significant downtime, we lose a lot less dps than specs(cough arms cough :() that do consistent damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
@ Horrack

are you happy with Execute in PvP? I believe it hits a little harder as fury am I right?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I believe it is lackluster in comparison to something like shadowburn which just regularly crits for over 200k on geared targets, but an execute crit with csmash up will usually end my target unless they have a healer.

I'm always for buffs though. :)
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
Blizzard has been adding a lot more "always a critical strike" moves. Think this mechanic would help the situation in pvp?

It could be attached to the pvp set bonus so it doesnt break pve? The inspiration for execute makes it seem like it should be a crit. Other possibilities would be to gives it a crit modifier like bloodthirst.

Also, with how !@#$ing pathetic Heroic Throw is now, maybe we could see that overhaul'd as a sort of ranged execute... currently it does less damage than a deep wounds tick.
Edited by Brudewich on 4/22/2013 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Doesn't Chaos Bolt feel like an Execute SHOULD hit like in PvP?
Only Chaos Bolt doesn't need to have you at 20% to use.

If anything, I'd like Execute to ALWAYS crit in PvP. Still leave it unusable till 20%...and leave it as it is on PvE.

That would be nice.
Reply Quote
Execute is the least of my concers as a warrior... make sure that you're enraged and that you have CS up and you can easily smack a 98k on people... its not hard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]