In That Time...

This is a story about Drayka and her leaving Azeroth and going in exile on Outland. She stays there for five years and then returns back to Azeroth after those five years to find her long-lost sister, whom she presumed to be dead, Drusana. Drusana is off in the world, but Drayka feels like Azeroth has moved on without her and is even more violent than when she left. This goes through her years on Outland, and will then tell about when she comes back. (Please review or read! I like the feedback :) Hope those who decide to read enjoy! I will frequently update, so do not fear!)
Reply Quote
I crouched low in the tall waving grasses of Nagrand. Hunting the great clefthooves was harder than it looked. I sniffed to make sure I was on the right track. My companion beside me, a worg named Fang, whimpered excitedly, awaitng my command. The Mag'har Orc clan, the clan I was presently staying with, had let me wander off on my own this time. They watched me closely, expecting me to try and murder them, which was funny, because I was very kind towards others. I pressed my ear to the ground and could hear the rhythmic beating of the hooves of the great beasts. I was close. I grabbed my bow, which was slung neatly around my shoulders and readied an arrow...

I shot up from my hiding place and released it swiftly, rolling to the side to avoid being trampled on. The clefthoof I shot snorted lously as Fang jumped on his back, raking his claws down the top of his head and biting his neck. I almost have him! I thought happily. I wasn't used to hunting this big of a challenge, but being a tracker and all, it was nice to stretch and practice my moves again. As the beast fell, Fang yipped that he was dead. I grinned and approached the kill, taking out a horn made of bone and blowing on it three times. A few of my clanmates came running and we all began to move it. It took ten of us to get it to the camp.

Everyone marvled at the feast that would keep the camp running for days. I was happy that I could help the Mag'har out. They were calm and peaceful Orcs. I wiped my hands off onto my jerkin and I handed Fang a piece of meat. He ate it eagerly and I sent him off to the stables. I sat down on one of the long slab benches and sighed. A child, about the age of eleven, ran up to me and she beamed at me. I couldn't help but smile back. "Hey, did you kill that big ol' clefthoof that's sitting over there?" She asked me. I nodded. "Yes." I replied. She cheered. "You must be the greatest hunter ever! I'll see you soon, won't I? At tonight's feast?" She asked me with huge blue eyes. Just like mine. "Indeed." I replied and patted her on the shoulder. She ran off with the others, and I could hear her shouting to her fellows, "I'm gonna eat with the greatest hunter ever!" That made me very happy. I guess making new friends wasn't hard, even the most unlikely ones...
Edited by Drayka on 4/21/2013 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That night, I sat with my clanmates around the great bonfire prepared for the feast I had willingly provided. They all sang old songs, chants, and told tales of battle and valor. I took a drink from my waterskin and stood up, walking to an unoccupied apot of grass. I sat down, staring at the stars. I never knew I would never be able to count them all. They seemed infinite, stretching across the dark expanse. This land and Terrokar were the only areas where the sky was clear and free of the nether and hellish soil and corruption. I inhaled the scent of the fresh grass and smoke from the bonfire a few feet behind me. I felt a hand on my shoulder, so I turned to see who it was. It was an older Orc, his orange gaze seemed ancient and full of experience. "Oh, hello Elder." I said, standing up. He gave me an old smile framed with lines. "Hello to you as well, Drayka. I see your feast will be perfect for Thrall's coming tommorow." The Elder said. "Oh, I was unaware that he was coming tommorow. I hope our Warchief is doing well." I said, a smile breaking across my face. (This was back when Thrall was Warchief.) The Elder only nodded and then wandered off, not saying another word. Strange the Elder was...

I awoke the next day in my hut, sunlight breaking through the doorway. I jumped down and landed nimbly on my feet. I made my way outside where the work for Thrall's coming had already long begun. Grogmak, my first friend I made here, waved at me, he wanted to hunt. His own worg, which was black and named Dusk, stood patiently by his side. I whistled for my own worg and Fang came running, butting into me and licking my face. I chuckled and made my way to Grogmak. He smiled and punched me lightly in the shoulder. "Let's see if we can bring down a few talbuk, eh?" He said, grinning at me with a challenge. "If this is another one of your competitions, I'm in. Challenge accepted." I said boldly, smiling at him. We began our trek into the grasslands, searching for a herd. "So, why are you always isolating yourself from the others?" He asked me. "I don't know, I always think they will dissaprove of me..." I said, looking at the ground. He put a comforting hand on my shoulder. "I do not dissaprove." He said, his dark brown eyes sparkling. I sort of shrugged him off in a weird way and we came to a stop. I sniffed the air and pointed to the left. "They are this way..." And we walked to a pool of water where three talbuk were grazing and drinking water. I readied an arrow and Grogmak did the same. I shot it at a moment's notice, sending Fang into action. Grogmak and Fang shot down two while I only had one. He grinned at me. "Well, looks like you lost." I chuckled. "Sure did. Come on, let's get these back to camp..."
Reply Quote
One thing: The Dark Portal has only been open for 2 years.
Reply Quote
76 Night Elf Hunter
No, it's been at least four years since it was reopened, though I think it might even be more than that.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
It's been open for... 6 years, now? Yeah, that's about right.
Reply Quote
Vanilla was a year.

BC was 1 year.

Wrath was 2.

Cataclysm was 1-2 years so most like a year and a half.

This means that at least 3 years have elapsed between now and the Dark Portal.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Dont forget the time the elapsed in Pandaria now, those bases were not built in a day.
Reply Quote
Alright. I thought I might have gotten in wrong because I'm bad with the timeline :/.
Reply Quote
(Okay, I don't know if those are correction/insults, or positive feedback, but uh... Thanks anyways...? :\ )

I settled down in the grass after dropping off the kill. I had sent off Fang to the stables, I needed a few moments to clear my head. I sighed heavily and fiddled with the grass around me. I wasn't sure what to do now, so I stood up, walking over to the butcher's hut. "Anything else you need before I go off?" I asked him. He shook his head, not saying anything. I gave him a curt nod before walking away from the camp and into the grasslands. I was almost tempted to go Ogre hunting, but that challenge could wait until I was with Grogmak. He enjoyed a good competition. I found a shady spot underneath a tree and I sat, trying to clear my senses. My eyebrows scrunched together when I reached out and heard a piercing cry. I was up in an instant and running across the grasslands. I wasn't sure if this was friend or foe...

A Draenei female was locked in battle with a huge Windroc. I gave forth a battle cry and shot an arrow at the beast's wing. She instantly shot me a look, I wasn't sure if it was hostile or grateful...
Reply Quote
76 Night Elf Hunter
((
04/22/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Drayka
(Okay, I don't know if those are correction/insults, or positive feedback, but uh... Thanks anyways...? :\ )
I wouldn't lump corrections and insults together. We were merely discussing the timeline in an effort to help you polish your story. Because it would be impossible for your character to have been exiled for 5 years if the Dark Portal hasn't been opened that long. Unless she was exiled a lot longer, back when the portal was first opened, or was exiled by someone powerful enough to punch a whole directly through to Outland (which only major lore characters have done) then you might have to adjust the time to keep it within the bounds of possibility.

The timeline is something that a lot of RPers seem to have trouble agreeing on, mostly because Blizz isn't very good at giving us official times. In situations like this I usually just drop the exact years and say something vague like "several years" or "a long time" just to avoid any confusion or having to go back and edit if it turns out I've got the exact dates wrong.))
Edited by Nemorensi on 4/22/2013 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28from_official_site,_2007%29

judging by the pattern ima guess cata and mop add 2 years to that timeline

so 3 years
Reply Quote
I wouldn't lump corrections and insults together. We were merely discussing the timeline in an effort to help you polish your story. Because it would be impossible for your character to have been exiled for 5 years if the Dark Portal hasn't been opened that long. Unless she was exiled a lot longer, back when the portal was first opened, or was exiled by someone powerful enough to punch a whole directly through to Outland (which only major lore characters have done) then you might have to adjust the time to keep it within the bounds of possibility.

The timeline is something that a lot of RPers seem to have trouble agreeing on, mostly because Blizz isn't very good at giving us official times. In situations like this I usually just drop the exact years and say something vague like "several years" or "a long time" just to avoid any confusion or having to go back and edit if it turns out I've got the exact dates wrong.))

(Thank you :) )
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]