How do you deal with the PvP gear grind?

Pretty much all that seems to be happening is I join a BG, provide no help to my team because my gear sucks, die, lose, build honor from losses.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
That's pretty much it until you get baseline resillence next patch. You'll still die, but you won't die as quickly.

It's not fun, honestly and I'm not looking forward to it as my SO and I talk about going back into arenas. But it's the same as the grind for PvE gear, gotta put in the time to get the gear. Eventually you get tougher and then you can get a little retribution.
Edited by Kaeilthas on 4/22/2013 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Were you that little kitty that was on me and tickling me? o.O

I gear up before anyone else.. push higher ratings to get gear faster.. then jsut do randoms on alts with friends on their geared toons (since the general public suck at easy toons its easier for me)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
until you get baseline resillence next patch
You already have 40% baseline resil.

@OP, Put on music and grind bg's unti I am full geared, usually takes 2 or 3 sittings. My warlock only took about 6 hours played give or take. Having honor and JP cap before I hit 90 helps too, which you can do by level 40 or so now.
Edited by Bladestorm on 4/22/2013 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Depending on how your server is balanced faction-wise, try going to Wintergrasp and/or Tol'Barad whenever possible. They don't take long, and a win on either of them is in the 400+ honor range, and they have weekly quests to add to that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
The next patch will help the grind since all gear will be scaled down to a certain ilvl like they currently do with Challenge Modes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pretty much all that seems to be happening is I join a BG, provide no help to my team because my gear sucks, die, lose, build honor from losses.

I usually get my toons in full crafted PVP gear before I do a BG, far less frustrating than if I go in with my PVE gear on. I also tend to stick with groups of people and don't try to solo other players, if you stick with the crowd hopefully they won't focus you out too much. Sometimes I would just que for Av, huge map, lots of players.
Reply Quote
1. Wait till AV weekend
2. Spam AV's all weekend
3. Enjoy being fully decked out in honor gear

Only works for alliance! :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

I don't pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Get full Crafted glad set with cheap enchants.

The more you can contribute, the better your team chances to win, the faster you get honor. Do Isle of Thunder PvP dailies, TB and WG with friends.

Then do Arenas and RBGs to get better gear so you can come back in a random BG and roll over those who didn't take above advice. Cycle completed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
First, I hate pvp. I'm not that great in a BG. However, I do like the look of some pvp gear, so I do try to obtain the pieces I like. The easiest way to grind honor? Killing the 3 "rare" pvp mobs in Krasarang Wilds. Each drop a token worth 250 honor. Easily killable mobs too.

About those mobs though...

Horde faction rare pvp mobs are much easier to kill than the Alliance ones.

The Horde faction mobs:
Champion of Arms - May need to pull 1 trash mob before pulling
Champion of Shadows - No trash mobs around him
Champion of Light - Can be pulled without any of the surrounding mobs

The Alliance faction mobs:
Champion of Arms - Surrounded by mobs
Champion of Shadows - Mobs pat through the area
Champion of Light - Next to a mob & mobs pat through the area

Now today was actually my 1st time killing the Alliance pvp rare mobs (again, not much into pvp and don't bother farming honor often), so I may be wrong about that. I'll try other pull methods than what I did earlier, to see if I can get them with little or no extra mob pulling when pulling the rare.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I spammed random dungeons and converted all Justice to Honor. Was decked out in Malevolent in a weekend.

Whilst waiting for dungeon queue I farmed these:

Champion of Arms
Champion of Shadows
Champion of Light
Edited by Infectious on 4/22/2013 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
PVP grind... You're all wimps! Back in the days of vanilla we would grind for weeks without ever seeing one piece of pvp gear, and that was just to get the RARE set pieces! You kiddies and your welfare epics: most of you would never have epics if the grind were the same as it was back then.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I convert JP to Honor since it's useless for anything else. I've got 3 pieces on my rogue without getting owned in PvP, all while clobberstomping heroics.

Carebearin' it.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Death Knight
Where do you go to convert Justice Points to honor?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Where do you go to convert Justice Points to honor?

At the JP vendor in your capital (SW or ORG).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

I prioritize my gear.

For instance, depending on my mood, I'll decide I should either work on mainset or offset peices first. Then I make a list of which peices I want to get first i.e. Head, Legs THEN chest, etc.

Having this list of 'priorities' keeps me focused more on my goal and far less on the actual grind.

And switching BGs up with some random heroics/scenarios for JP helps cut back on the PvP rage as well.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
don't worry, even if you don't have the gear, Alliance has a hard time winning either way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)