World of Warcraft 5th Expansion

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
It's obvious that since the end of BC the increase in new players has gone down dramatically. Call of Duty and Minecraft now surpass World of Warcraft in annual client downloads. This happened because Cata and MoP are not as appealing as BC was. My personal opinion is that WotLK was great fun and Cata was alright and then MoP was meant to attract new players who were probably a little young for this game, but that's just my opinion and I will not force those thoughts upon anyone else.

And now I will bore you with the methods to improve the system of expanding the already ginormous World of Warcraft universe.

1.) Massive Changes to Central Kalimdor
2.) Revisiting the Sunwell
3.) Is Blizzard Making it TOO EASY?
4.) Long Awaited Dragonkin Race/Class
5.) Multitasking
6.) New PvP Rewards Are Worth The Hassel

1.) Garrosh dies and stays dead and Orgrimmar is taken by a new faction.
A. Undercity becomes the new Horde capital city
B. Orcs are forced out of Durotar and into the Northern/Southern barrens where they must fix their pressured alliance with the Tauren.
C. Silverpine forrest becomes a major war area between UC and Gilneas.

2.) Let's tamper with the Sunwell again.
A. Whatever Kil'Jaeden was going to bring with him up to Azeroth should actually make it up to the surface
B. Illidan is resurrected by Alliance forces so he can destroy the Sunwell once and for all since he has the most motive from his betrayals of Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden and the alliance is sick of the belfs in general
C. So in a newly added raid you will fight alongside Illidan regardless what faction you are in order to defeat the new Sunwell monstrosity and upon victory you can then choose to whether to kill Illidan or not.
D. Yes I'm going there........new warglaives. Everybody loves warglaives but they are too easy to get. Seeing half the rogues on a server with them defeats the purpose of them being legendary. Might as well call them epics. If Illidan is resurrected new warglaives can be added as a raid drop with a much lower drop chance than the originals and not as many people will want the old ones anymore so the inflation of players with legendary weapons will decrease.

3.) Let's Take it Slow: Get rid of dungeon finder and LFR.
A. Dungeon finder makes WoW way too easy and you miss out on a lot of storylines from leveling so fast.
B. LFR also makes the high end equipment too accessible to players who don't have a lot of experience.
C. All around: don't make it so easy to get a group.

4.) New Race/hero Class
A. Cataclysm went through the dragon aspects storyline and missed something that they could have made them money: Dragonkin playable race for horde and alliance. (blue, red) No matter what kind of theme they come up with for the next expansion, we deserve to get to play as Dragonkin. I've killed way too many dragons to get cheated out of my right to play as one.
B. Tank, melee dps, and ranged dps talent specs.
C. Mount- shapeshift into a dragon
D. Being a hero class it needs to be hard to earn the right to play as what I'm now calling Dragonkin. In WotLK, deathknights were OP and I would have been alright with that if not for the fact that any idiot who could get a character up to 55 could dominate PvP with one. So I'm just saying "Blizz, don't make this one easy!"
E. A supporting reason that "Dragonkin" should be brought into WoW as a playable race is that there is a huge crowd playing Skyrim with the obsession of hunting dragons while acquiring special dragon-like abilities. This could possibly transfer some of the fan base and thus generating some revenue for Blizz.

5.) Increase the number of professions any character can have to four.
A. If you play an independent character, you are going to have one gathering profession and one production profession. Feel like you're missing out? I thought so!
B. I want Alchemy and Leatherworking on my rogue. May I have Skinning and Herbalism too?
C. I want Enchanting and Blacksmithing on my paladin. May I have Jewelcrafting and Mining too?
D. It's all about having totally independent characters that doesn't require you to do major amount of logging in and out on other characters when you are trying to level up a production profession.

6.) I Like PvP. Can We Get Some Fresh Ideas?
A. It's time that we enlarge the size of the new BGs and Blizz can offer us PvP flying mounts for these new terrains. Maybe some floating islands like we saw in Nagrand?
B. If Blizzard wants me to keep playing at max level then I need something to keep me interested. I'm talking about better top arena team rewards. Not gold, not mounts (okay maybe a couple mounts), not gear...How does a year of free WoW sound? Pretty good to me!

So those are six ideas that I have jotted down for anyone who reads this. If you disagree with my thoughts I can understand but if you do agree with me or have any other ideas please post and/or share with a friend. I have an idea of how I would like WoW gameplay to be and these are a couple of the ways I see us getting there.
Edited by Necrotox on 4/22/2013 4:54 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
04/22/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Necrotox
Call of Duty and Minecraft now surpass World of Warcraft in annual client downloads.

Of course. CoD is the home of all the whiny teens, and Minecraft is pretty much the largest sandbox.
100 Goblin Warrior
I like your ideas.
90 Tauren Druid
What happened was they had an influx of players, they played for a while, and quit. They may not return because "been there done that."

This is why I don't see a subscriber base decline as being a big issue. We're just losing the people who got bored. There's still going to be a large number of people who will play this game pretty much no matter what.
90 Human Warrior
World of warcraft is stretched too far at this point. I am not going to say bc was the best expansion. They all had some greatness to them and they all had there downs. Anyone who says otherwise is simply living up in them clouds.

Cataclysm is what, in my opinion hurt this game the most, and I do not mean the expansion. I mean the story. At the end of cataclysm its as if the epic magic in the world is done for. At least thats how I felt when the aspects become mortal. To me this in itself was a stupid move. Then you have the whole timeline is all out of wack. Meaning a new player levels then literary goes back in time to the burning crusade and wraith of lich king, and then comes back to the present.

They never wrapped up the blood elfs, personally I miss the mana sucking blood elfs, I always thought that racial defined them so perfectly. Now they have there sunwell back, but are they horde, or are they alliance? Kael'thas was the one with the bad history with the alliance. So now some years later they are caught in some hell left unfinished.

Then the Nigh elfs I could go on about them for hours. Even in classic they were done poorly from top to bottom. lol years later a night elf still can not get a night elf weapon, unless you kill illiandan and get the drop.

Now the hordes all messed up. I understand blizzard wnats to give the players fun and I am all for that. This being said, If I was new to warcraft and did my research, I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pool. My reasoning would be based on how messed up the story has gotten. Lastly I am hardly the one to notice this. Other players have pointed this out in many many posts on these forums. You cant move forward until you fix whats broken.
90 Dwarf Paladin
MoP was meant to attract new players who were probably a little young for this game
You are one of the many who think Pandaren = Kung Fu Panda and that Pet Battles = Pokemon, aren't you?

The problem with this line of thinking, besides being incredibly stupid and wrong, is that this is very few people's real opinion, they just heard this being said over and over last year. People want to complain about the game or community and want to make themselves look older and more ""mature" by complaining about younger people, so they bring up these stupid nonsensical points that they themselves would never do until they heard it from a troll awhile ago.

Maybe you think its tailored towards a younger audience because of the ease of LFR, well guess what, LFR is not real raiding, there is a reason there is a difficulty named "Normal" Mode.

I can see no other areas you can point at to accuse of being "kid-friendly".
Apologies to the OP, I know this was not your point, but seeing people still call MoP childish while only provide 1 or 2 samples as "proof' has gotten old.
100 Night Elf Hunter
I can think of a few things to help.

$9.99 to buy the game which will include the whole game except current expansion. No gametime included.

Bundle the whole game including the current expansion for the price of the expansion+$5 which makes it even more of a deal to buy it.

With no game time included they will make up that money lost easy in the money they earn from people subscribing.

Give you the whole game for free if you prepay for 1 year or even 6 months if the numbers work for that.

The whole point is to get people to start the game and hopefully get hooked. Make it as cheap as possible to get hooked.
90 Blood Elf Mage
seeing people still call MoP childish while only provide 1 or 2 samples as "proof' has gotten old.

I dislike the kung-fu panda argument, mostly on the basis that pandaren have been part of the warcraft universe since before vanilla.

I'm not too enthusiastic about pandaren, but I have no issues with them.
90 Night Elf Druid
Controversial ideas that just might work? it's possible.

Increase the number of professions any character can have to four.

Maybe three slots, would love a separation of gathering professions.

04/22/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Necrotox
Let's Take it Slow: Get rid of dungeon finder and LFR.

It probably won't go anywhere, it's became an official part of the game, the best they can do is alter it to make it a non required aspect to the game, which is kind of already in place with regular normal raiding.

Let's tamper with the Sunwell again.

What I would love to see done with this is the possibly of going to the home world of the draenei - argus.
90 Night Elf Druid
With these changes, you would have 1 less customer right here.

They aren't changes, they are suggestions.

The premise of many of the informative suggestions given were actually decent, you clearly didn't read them well enough to come up with a better response.
95 Human Paladin
It's obvious that since the end of BC the increase in new players has gone down dramatically. Call of Duty and Minecraft now surpass World of Warcraft in annual client downloads. This happened because Cata and MoP are not as appealing as BC was. My personal opinion is that WotLK was great fun and Cata was alright and then MoP was meant to attract new players who were probably a little young for this game, but that's just my opinion and I will not force those thoughts upon anyone else.

And now I will bore you with the methods to improve the system of expanding the already ginormous World of Warcraft universe.

1.) Massive Changes to Central Kalimdor
2.) Revisiting the Sunwell
3.) Is Blizzard Making it TOO EASY?
4.) Long Awaited Dragonkin Race/Class
5.) Multitasking
6.) New PvP Rewards Are Worth The Hassel

1.) Garrosh dies and stays dead and Orgrimmar is taken by a new faction.
A. Undercity becomes the new Horde capital city
B. Orcs are forced out of Durotar and into the Northern/Southern barrens where they must fix their pressured alliance with the Tauren.
C. Silverpine forrest becomes a major war area between UC and Gilneas.

Seems reasonable.

2.) Let's tamper with the Sunwell again.
A. Whatever Kil'Jaeden was going to bring with him up to Azeroth should actually make it up to the surface
B. Illidan is resurrected by Alliance forces so he can destroy the Sunwell once and for all since he has the most motive from his betrayals of Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden and the alliance is sick of the belfs in general
C. So in a newly added raid you will fight alongside Illidan regardless what faction you are in order to defeat the new Sunwell monstrosity and upon victory you can then choose to whether to kill Illidan or not.
D. Yes I'm going there........new warglaives. Everybody loves warglaives but they are too easy to get. Seeing half the rogues on a server with them defeats the purpose of them being legendary. Might as well call them epics. If Illidan is resurrected new warglaives can be added as a raid drop with a much lower drop chance than the originals and not as many people will want the old ones anymore so the inflation of players with legendary weapons will decrease.

...Why would we have to resurrect Illidan to do this? Sounds you just like Illidan and are trying to bring him back even though he is dead and gone. Also, the current Warglaives have a 6% chance to drop, each, I wouldn't call that "high". The only reason you see a lot of rogues with them now is because it's been a handful of years since BC came out, people have had a much longer time to do BC multiple times and get both Warglaives.

3.) Let's Take it Slow: Get rid of dungeon finder and LFR.
A. Dungeon finder makes WoW way too easy and you miss out on a lot of storylines from leveling so fast.
B. LFR also makes the high end equipment too accessible to players who don't have a lot of experience.
C. All around: don't make it so easy to get a group.

Yes, making the game less accessible and more of a pain in the butt will CLEARLY entice people to join.
/sarcasm

4.) New Race/hero Class
A. Cataclysm went through the dragon aspects storyline and missed something that they could have made them money: Dragonkin playable race for horde and alliance. (blue, red) No matter what kind of theme they come up with for the next expansion, we deserve to get to play as Dragonkin. I've killed way too many dragons to get cheated out of my right to play as one.
B. Tank, melee dps, and ranged dps talent specs.
C. Mount- shapeshift into a dragon
D. Being a hero class it needs to be hard to earn the right to play as what I'm now calling Dragonkin. In WotLK, deathknights were OP and I would have been alright with that if not for the fact that any idiot who could get a character up to 55 could dominate PvP with one. So I'm just saying "Blizz, don't make this one easy!"
E. A supporting reason that "Dragonkin" should be brought into WoW as a playable race is that there is a huge crowd playing Skyrim with the obsession of hunting dragons while acquiring special dragon-like abilities. This could possibly transfer some of the fan base and thus generating some revenue for Blizz.

What possible lore reason would dragonkin have for joining the A/H?
Why would it have to be a hero class? Why not just start as a level 1 whelp and, when you reach a certain level ,become a dragonkin?
Some other game is successful, doesn't mean it would translate well into another game. I don't see many Italian plumbers in WoW, but Mario is an incredibly successful character. Gran Theft Auto is very popular, but I don't see anyone car-jacking or any girls-for-hire in WoW.

5.) Increase the number of professions any character can have to four.
A. If you play an independent character, you are going to have one gathering profession and one production profession. Feel like you're missing out? I thought so!
B. I want Alchemy and Leatherworking on my rogue. May I have Skinning and Herbalism too?
C. I want Enchanting and Blacksmithing on my paladin. May I have Jewelcrafting and Mining too?
D. It's all about having totally independent characters that doesn't require you to do major amount of logging in and out on other characters when you are trying to level up a production profession.

With your thinking, why bother even having a cap on the number of professions at all? WHy not let one character be everything?
Each character only having two major professions encourages choice, as in you have to choose what profession fits you better instead of just picking up any ol' profession.

6.) I Like PvP. Can We Get Some Fresh Ideas?
A. It's time that we enlarge the size of the new BGs and Blizz can offer us PvP flying mounts for these new terrains. Maybe some floating islands like we saw in Nagrand?
B. If Blizzard wants me to keep playing at max level then I need something to keep me interested. I'm talking about better top arena team rewards. Not gold, not mounts (okay maybe a couple mounts), not gear...How does a year of free WoW sound? Pretty good to me!

I'm not against PvP additions, but keep in mind WoW was designed with PvE in mind and continues to be a PvE-centered game. PvP is more of an after-thought.
100 Goblin Hunter
04/22/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Fiddlesnarf
MoP was meant to attract new players who were probably a little young for this game
You are one of the many who think Pandaren = Kung Fu Panda and that Pet Battles = Pokemon, aren't you?

The problem with this line of thinking, besides being incredibly stupid and wrong, is that this is very few people's real opinion, they just heard this being said over and over last year. People want to complain about the game or community and want to make themselves look older and more ""mature" by complaining about younger people, so they bring up these stupid nonsensical points that they themselves would never do until they heard it from a troll awhile ago.

Maybe you think its tailored towards a younger audience because of the ease of LFR, well guess what, LFR is not real raiding, there is a reason there is a difficulty named "Normal" Mode.

I can see no other areas you can point at to accuse of being "kid-friendly".
Apologies to the OP, I know this was not your point, but seeing people still call MoP childish while only provide 1 or 2 samples as "proof' has gotten old.

I agree with the OP 100%. And you are ignorant if you think blizzard is telling you the truth about mop not being designed for the asian market. The fact is, most subs come from asian markets...and subs is what blizz wants to keep because subs is what keeps wallstreet happy.

I have played this game since beta and the player base gets younger and younger every year. You can see it on the forums, you can see it in trade chat, you see it in the raiding, or lack of seriousness of any random group. The game is easier, its boring, they took out all the stuff that made it fun to appeal to younger people who are *GASP* impatient and dont want to work for anything. Keep believing the lies, or open your eyes and see the truth unfold.
90 Night Elf Druid
You clearly didn't comprehend well enough to come up with a better response.

You sound a little butthurt bro and it seems like the rest of the tread disagrees with you, what a disgusting attempt to vilify an individual. The fact you went out of your way just shows your own complete lack of comprehension capabilities.
100 Human Paladin
Removing LFD and LFR would be a mistake. The genie is out of the bottle, and won't go back in.

Many of us want to raid, but can't commit to anything like a schedule, or even (often) a long stretch of time for a single night. LFR is a godsend, and justifying its removal by saying players should have to work more for their gear is odd, given that all through every other expansion there were plenty of people carried by their guilds to epics.

I can see a real argument for removing LFD at lower levels, but since there are far fewer people at lower levels, it'd be almost impossible to get a group together for those dungeons. Removing LFD might be reworded "remove all dungeons below level cap."

I recall the days of spamming the LFG channel, and they weren't good even at level cap. Giving players the ability to pick and choose who they group with gives them the ability to reject others based on spec, something I experienced a lot in BC as an Alliance Ret Paladin. Bringing those days back would be far, far more damaging to the game than the impact of LFD.
90 Dwarf Paladin
It's obvious that since the end of BC the increase in new players has gone down dramatically. Call of Duty and Minecraft now surpass World of Warcraft in annual client downloads

Would Wow really benefit from an influx of CoD and Minecraft players?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]