Shaman or Priest?

90 Draenei Shaman
For a toon that will almost exclusively be healing in 5 mans, scenarios, LFR, Normal raids and even casual BGs.

I like healing style on both, but I'm drawn to the 2 healing specs Priests have since that's most of what this toon will be doing. However, I have a feeling that there are a lot of Priests out there, and that maybe a Shaman will be more in demand for PUGs and guild raiding.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Priests are in far more demand, also far more supply.

10 or 25 man raids?

I don't do 25man so, I'd imagine you'd have a much easier time finding a raid spot as a Shaman if you run 25man content.
In 10man, you're going to have a much harder time finding a healing spot as a Shaman. Really no raid leader goes out looking specifically for a shaman for 10man content unless he needs a lust or wants a specific type of OS dps/healer and/or is picky about tokens.

Really it comes down to, like every other thread like this; Play the one you enjoy the most.
If you care about being in demand and (if you're good enough at playing your class) having the easiest time finding a raid - Go Priest.

Priests spend far more time at or near the top of the totem pole than Shamans do. They're well known for being the red headed step child of healers for a reason. Blizzard rarely gives them love.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I find Priests a ton more fun in all three specs than Shaman. But it just seems like there aren't enough Shamans in this world, so I've been progression on my Shaman in 10 mans. I think if I wanted to 25 mans, I'd much prefer my shaman over my priest.

So yeah, if you want to be the class diversity, Resto Sham's a great way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
NOTHING beats a shaman for recovering from huge raid damage, but priests will always beat a shaman in total healing done. More priests out there because people want more priests, but you shouldn't have too many problems getting spots as resto shaman imo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I believe it depends more on you server, for example, I've noticed that shamans are in far more demand for PvE on Emerald Dream than they are on Sargeras. If you would rather play your priest, then you will for sure play better on that toon than you would on your shaman just because your class preference is priest.
If you care that much about demand for shaman vs. priest then ask your gm or another raider about what class is desired the most in your raid team!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]