Bloodthirst Crit problems

so playing a proc based class..obviously there are going to be streaks of no raging blow procs...but after a fight where my bloodthirst SHOULD be critting 58.64% of the time...it typically crits in the 40's and once in the 30's

am i unlucky or do you guys have the same problem
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yeah, that's bad RNG. Numbers usually work against you in my experience. You tend to notice the bad times more often than not
Reply Quote
yeah..but i was checking world of logs...theres been 3 fights where its even been over 50% which is still 8% lower than it should be..the rest is all lower than that
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I hear ya... Half the time, the only time it feels like BT crits as much as it should is while Reck is up...
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
There's crit reduction on bosses. Can't remember exactly what its called, but you effectively have 4% less crit on bosses.

Here's an elitest jerks post about it.

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t52953-crit_suppression_discussion/
Edited by Aiyanna on 4/23/2013 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
You'll occasionally have bad RNG, but over the long run it'll all even out.

The worst is when you have two RBs, and you use one right before BT is up so you don't waste it, and then your BT doesn't crit and you go into CS with just one RB instead of just 2. :(

It'd be awesome if they could buff RB so it stacked up to 3 instead of 2. Probably be too OP though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
There's crit reduction on bosses. Can't remember exactly what its called, but you effectively have 4% less crit on bosses.

Here's an elitest jerks post about it.

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t52953-crit_suppression_discussion/

Blizzard should show that in the stat window like they do with hit and Expertise.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
This is the reason why I don't play Fury.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I tried playing fury today because I got a second Shin'ka which put me at 22% crit and I was doing horrible dps. If bt didn't crit I was just standing there spamming wild strike like an !@#$%^- for 2 GCD's hoping to god my next BT was a crit. While CS was on cd I felt pretty useless. Maybe my gear isn't good enough to fury yet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
GDI
I tried playing fury today because I got a second Shin'ka which put me at 22% crit and I was doing horrible dps. If bt didn't crit I was just standing there spamming wild strike like an !@#$%^- for 2 GCD's hoping to god my next BT was a crit. While CS was on cd I felt pretty useless. Maybe my gear isn't good enough to fury yet.

Stop spamming WS.

Filled globals =/= moar dps.

Seriously, pool rage for csmash.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
04/23/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Tesh

Stop spamming WS.

I never had rage problems though, spamming ws I never dropped below 40~ rage with the free wild strike procs the problem was enrage uptime
Edited by Agartha on 4/23/2013 9:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
04/23/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Agartha

Stop spamming WS.

I never had rage problems though, spamming ws I never dropped below 40~ rage with the free wild strike procs the problem was enrage uptime

With your gear arms is just going to be better. Flat out.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
04/23/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Agartha

Stop spamming WS.

Your dps sucked because you have no idea how to dps as fury. It's not like arms, where you fill in with slams and what not. You're basically auto attacking 1/4th of the time, using BT on CD and rage dumping everything when you CSmash. May not seem effective, but SMF parses higher than all the other spec's at 500+ ilvl.

The only time you WS is when you get a blood surge proc, and you only do that if you dont have a raging blow up. WS over takes HS as a rage dump when you get a 522+ off hand i believe though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]