Addon Button

16 Draenei Warrior
Hi I have windows 8 and my Addon button is not on character screen can someone please explain in easy step by step instructions on how to fix this issue im no computer genious and don't know anything about this and how to change and move program files or anything so please could u explain as easy as possible thank you very much
Edited by Tourk on 4/22/2013 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The Addon button doesn't show on the character selection screen unless you have at least one 3rd party Addon installed (The Blizzard items in the add-on folder don't count.)

What Addons do you think you have installed, and how did you install them? Where is World of Warcraft installed on your computer?

<S>
Reply Quote
curse.com offer's easy to use Clients for both Windows and OS-x, which make managing all your add-ons very simple.

I recommend these clients for those of us that might not be so savvy with these big grey and black box thing-a-majigers ;)

Simply download the Client, intall, and use the client to do all of the work of installation, management and upkeep of all your add-ons.

curse.com has a brief tutorial for the downloading of the Client and its use.
Reply Quote
16 Draenei Warrior
I have curse.com and that's how I installed it n yes the addon button is at the character screen just not on mine its on all my friends n I have windows 8 so Im not sure but there is no program list like there used to be but im not very computer smart so I need step by step directions ive read other threads n how to do it but didn't understand them plus they were for windows vista and 7 not windows 8 so could anybody please help me
Reply Quote
16 Draenei Warrior
I don't even know how to find out where its installed on my computer told u imnot very good with code and computer programming or anything really for that matter sorry when it comes to doing anything like that I feel dumb I only know how to use my programs not troubleshoot
Reply Quote
16 Draenei Warrior
it is installed in program files do I need to move it and how do I do so n where should I move it to
Reply Quote
16 Draenei Warrior
Hello I figured it out now my addon button is there on character screen after I moved wow folder and reinstalled addons so thanks for the help guys
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
where did you move it the folder to?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
where did you move it the folder to?

Probably the wow/interface/addons folder since that's where the game goes to look for addons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]