Mogu Rune of Fate – Lesser Charm Change

Community Manager
We’re deploying a hotfix late tonight that will reduce the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune required to purchase 3 Mogu Runes of Fate from 90 down to 50. Meaning when you log in Tuesday and purchase your 3 Mogu Runes of Fate, which are used for 5.2 raid boss bonus rolls, it will only cost you 50 Lesser Charms.

We recommend waiting until after the scheduled Tuesday maintenance to ensure this change has gone through before purchasing your Runes. Maintenance is currently scheduled to begin Tuesday, April 23, at 7:00 a.m. PDT.
Edited by Bashiok on 4/22/2013 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
We're almost there B.

Now dole out 5 Lesser Charms per Daily, and we'll be golden. ;)

--
.:d:.

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and narrow-mindedness. Broad, wholesome and charitable views cannot be acquired by vegetating in one tiny corner of the Azeroth."
-- Mark Twain (paraphrased)
Edited by Dionys on 4/22/2013 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Orc Death Knight
Soooo...are there going to be other things coming then to spend lesser charms on?

have characters that have over 400 charms at the moment.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
We’re deploying a hotfix late tonight that will reduce the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune required to purchase 3 Mogu Runes of Fate from 90 down to 50. Meaning when you log in Tuesday and purchase your 3 Mogu Runes of Fate, which are used for 5.2 raid boss bonus rolls, it will only cost you 50 Lesser Charms.

We recommend waiting until after the scheduled Tuesday maintenance to ensure this change has gone through before purchasing your Runes. Maintenance is currently scheduled to begin Tuesday, April 23, at 5:00 a.m. PDT.

I love you.

I love you so hard.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Pretty sure a version of this already went live by accident, though it was broken. A guildmate of mine claimed two days ago to have turned in the quest on an alt for the cost of 50 Lesser Charms instead of 90. However, he was not granted the 3 Mogu Runes of Fate the quest should have given him despite the server deducting the 50 Lesser Charms from his currency tab and he was forced to submit a GM ticket.

Would have been nice to have a bit more of a heads-up regarding this, at least.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Like I posted 3 weeks ago, the 90 figure Blizzard set at MoP's release was too high. 50 is more of the sweet spot. You should be able to complete it in about 2 days worth of Golden Lotus dailies instead of 3-4 (or now, Thunder Isle Dailies, which reward 30 with phase 5).

Same thing goes for VP, which is approaching its sweet spot. That too, should be able to be knocked out within a couple of days. Takes about 3 days right now with LFR queuing, but heroic scenarios in 5.3 will be a lot more popular for organized VP capping than CMs were [yeah no one I know uses CMs to cap VP =(] and should bring that figure down to 2 days. I plan to get in on heroic scenarios for VP. That 150 VP Thunder Isle weekly is a huge help too.
Edited by Digerati on 4/22/2013 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Soooo...are there going to be other things coming then to spend lesser charms on?

I have over 2000 on this toon and they will never go down now :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

This makes farming them on alts (I have 2 raiding toons!) so much easier.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

Seriously. I wish it was just a repeatable quest so those of us with a gazillion charms could actually make good use of them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Have any ideas?

As somebody who starts every week with 0 lesser charms, I don't think there's many options/alternatives for lesser charms.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

That's kind of the point though. We have so many I'll never have to do dailies on this character for them for a year. I can just focus on alts instead. These changes make it much easier for me to do my pet battles for mogu runes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
no.. words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoW9czgQBqE

:)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

This makes farming them on alts (I have 2 raiding toons!) so much easier.

...and I have seven 90's going through ToT LFR (a few more ilvls for 8 90's), so yes, this is an awesome change!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Define "Late Tonight". I still need to buy Mogu Runes for THIS week. (Been slacking on dailies.) How will we know if it's active or not? Will the quest actually say 50 instead of 90? Or would it still say 90 until after maintenance? I'd love to be able to get this week's for 50, then buy more tomorrow for 50.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Bashiok any chances you can let us get even more runes since the drop rate is so crap. I'd love to do more dailies and get more runes of Fate. I'm willing to do the work to get the lesser charms and trade it in for Runes.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this!

Define "Late Tonight". I still need to buy Mogu Runes for THIS week. (Been slacking on dailies.) How will we know if it's active or not? Will the quest actually say 50 instead of 90? Or would it still say 90 until after maintenance? I'd love to be able to get this week's for 50, then buy more tomorrow for 50.

Probably when it's midnightish at Blizzard headquarters.
Edited by Valius on 4/22/2013 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

We recommend waiting until after the scheduled Tuesday maintenance to ensure this change has gone through before purchasing your Runes. Maintenance is currently scheduled to begin Tuesday, April 23, at 5:00 a.m. PDT.

Oh god, a change from the 5.3 notes getting hotfixed.

Now hotfix the exp change, my Warlock is 87 and I want to finish this!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Thank you best change:)

will this also apply to the future raid token?
Edited by Danshot on 4/22/2013 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I LOVE IT!!!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
So to clarify for a guildy of mine, does that mean it's going live, or is this a ptr 5.3 hotfix?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
This is really great news. I was thinking about shelving this alt because I just couldn't get 90 lessers on each of two characters ... but I'm pretty sure I can get 100 on two.

Thanks very much for making this change. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]