Mogu Rune of Fate – Lesser Charm Change

100 Tauren Warrior
I was getting a little burned out on dailies... I guess this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Sure would be nice if we could get a choice between Mogu & Elder charms, tho.

You get a bunch of Elder Charms on the Isle of Thunder. Would be a waste IMO to get Elder Charms from the Fortune teller person.

That's good for me, not necessarily for those who aren't geared enough yet for the island. Which is why I asked for a choice. Since Lesser Charms are ridiculously easy to get, I don't think it would be a waste.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Any chance we could also get the ability to trade Elder Charms in for lesser charms at a reduced rate, or be able to trade 20 of them for a mogu rune once a week?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You guys have no idea how good this change is.

Still probably not gonna ever get the greater charms ever though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
We’re deploying a hotfix late tonight that will reduce the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune required to purchase 3 Mogu Runes of Fate from 90 down to 50. Meaning when you log in Tuesday and purchase your 3 Mogu Runes of Fate, which are used for 5.2 raid boss bonus rolls, it will only cost you 50 Lesser Charms.

We recommend waiting until after the scheduled Tuesday maintenance to ensure this change has gone through before purchasing your Runes. Maintenance is currently scheduled to begin Tuesday, April 23, at 5:00 a.m. PDT.

That's a big step in the right direction. Thank you for doing that.

One big thing still missing is a way to earn charms from instances. I like the idea of being able to buy them with jp, or maybe award some charms for dungeon or scenario completion. I don't want to fall behind in collecting charms if I decide to have fun and run some dungeons. It has been a real struggle for me to collect charms because I don't enjoy the content that awards them and yet it's important to have the bonus rolls for a better chance at an upgrade.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having charms removed altogether for the next xpac. The extra chance at loot is nice, but the extra chores required to collect them are slowly burning me out. If I didn't have to collect charms, then I'd be more likely to have time for alts.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock
Hurray!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Pretty sure a version of this already went live by accident, though it was broken. A guildmate of mine claimed two days ago to have turned in the quest on an alt for the cost of 50 Lesser Charms instead of 90. However, he was not granted the 3 Mogu Runes of Fate the quest should have given him despite the server deducting the 50 Lesser Charms from his currency tab and he was forced to submit a GM ticket.

Would have been nice to have a bit more of a heads-up regarding this, at least.

Wow.......qq more, he submitted a ticket, no need to cry for him!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I don't get it. I always have enough for the quest at some point in the week. Ever since I've done the PvP dailies on Isle I normally get at least 90 in a few days and I'm set way before next Tuesday anyway...

W/e, you guys seem so happy so I will be too! :D

I would like to be able to use the lesser charms to buy something though, seeing as how I'm going to be hoarding up even more now... O.o
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Oh boy. Now I'm going to have even more built up. They should change it to a variation thing like with the dinosaur bones ie you turn in so many and you get so many mogu runes in return. I'd put the max at around 400 charms for about 8 runes. It would still be a weekly and if you turned in for the max amount, you can't access the lower amount turn ins. But if you did a lower amount turn in, you'd still have access to the max amount weekly, but only the max amount one.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

I have over 2000 on this toon and they will never go down now :(

Seriously. I wish it was just a repeatable quest so those of us with a gazillion charms could actually make good use of them.

If it was turned into repeatable the whinebabies would than say how it is mandatory to do every daily for every faction on every day on every toon they have since not doing it means you cant roll a coin on every boss pull on every toon you have
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Seriously. I wish it was just a repeatable quest so those of us with a gazillion charms could actually make good use of them.

If it was turned into repeatable the whinebabies would than say how it is mandatory to do every daily for every faction on every day on every toon they have since not doing it means you cant roll a coin on every boss pull on every toon you have

Wouldn't that be redundant since they can't do it now if they don't have any?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Soooo...are there going to be other things coming then to spend lesser charms on?

have characters that have over 400 charms at the moment.

Just think.

You'll never have to do dailies for a LOOONG time now.

Id kill to have 400 charms. Hey, I'll take yours if you don't want them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
One of my guildmates has over 4,000 of those things.

I, on the other hand, struggle to keep up with the amount needed on a weekly basis.

This will help me, but my guildmate's going to have 10,000+ of these things in short order. Hopefully there will be another way to spend them soon.

Just tell him to stop doing his dailies and they'll disappear quick enough.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
blizz should just pull their heads back out and bring back the 7 daily heroic rewards in one day that cata had. there is no reason why this was removed other than making the peeps that cant log in each day work harder. i should not be required to log in each and every day just to get a bonus. blizz spends too much time trying to slow down the elite raiders progression but all they are doing is setting back the casual players. the elite players are gonna get their caps no matter what blizz puts in place to set them back.
Edited by Zathrxx on 4/23/2013 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I have over 1400 of the things so this doesn't really affect me. But cool nonetheless.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Soooo...are there going to be other things coming then to spend lesser charms on?

have characters that have over 400 charms at the moment.

Only 400?
I should set up a donation fund with the amount I have.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I really appreciate this. I have been so happy to mostly stop doing dailies, except that I've been running out of Runes of Fate. Thank you, Blizz!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]