Oondasta and Nalak Loot Eligibility Change

Community Manager
Back in early March we made a hotfix to remove loot and bonus roll eligibility for players that defeated Oondasta and Nalak while visiting from a different realm. At the time, the change was made to address realm stability issues. Since then, we’ve address those issues by making tuning adjustments for Oondasta such as increasing the spawn rate, and reducing Oondasta’s health by 50%.

In an upcoming hotfix, players coalesced from a different realm will be eligible to receive loot or use a bonus roll after defeating Oondasta or Nalak once more. Keep in mind, players are still only eligible to receive loot or use a bonus roll once a week.

This change will take effect in each region after their scheduled weekly realm maintenance.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Good change for low pops now that Oondasta doesn't seem to be crashing servers anymore. If you're on a low pop I recommend making friends with someone on a high pop. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
complete the triple crown of awesome changes and fix 86-90 exp required too:)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hoorah!

I can't tell you how many times the "but I won't get loot" conversation has come up when trying to kill these bosses with real life friends that play on different servers!

Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

33% reduction coming 5.3. Just gotta wait for it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569150117?page=8#159

5.3 PTR patch notes
  • Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.
  • Edited by Digerati on 4/22/2013 4:05 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    Awesome ill be able to get loot for my alts on Ravenholdt.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Priest
    04/22/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Digerati

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569150117?page=8#159

5.3 PTR patch notes
  • Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.
  • I...I am very okay with this.

My troll priest may hit 90 yet! :D
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    Thank you. This was a stupid thing to change to begin with and I'm glad it's being set back the way it was.

Now maybe I can actually get to kill Oondasta.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Warlock
    Thanks for reverting it back where it was. Excellent change.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    BnB
    Very nice change!
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Hunter
    now can you just fix it so players can cross realm between US and oceanic servers, been broken for ages
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Hunter
    Keep in mind, players are still only eligible to receive loot or use a bonus roll once a week.

I can only use a bonus roll once a week now... not cool at all
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Paladin
    I like the change, but this won't fix how overpowered Oondasta is. It's Piercing Roar mixed with a few stacks of Growing Fury, wipes the entire alive population fighting at once.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Paladin

They did for patch 5.3!!!
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter
    all it takes is one chain lightning to wipe the raid right now
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Now if we can raid tot with friends from other servers you wouldn't get so many complaining about merging low pop servers.
    Reply Quote
    1 Draenei Paladin
    04/22/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Dressari
    Keep in mind, players are still only eligible to receive loot or use a bonus roll once a week.

I can only use a bonus roll once a week now... not cool at all

That was always the case.
    Reply Quote
    86 Blood Elf Rogue
    Thank you so, SO much!
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Death Knight
    now can you just fix it so players can cross realm between US and oceanic servers, been broken for ages

Its like that on purpose.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]