Oondasta and Nalak Loot Eligibility Change

90 Dwarf Warlock
In an upcoming hotfix, players coalesced from a different realm

You're gonna CRZ Pandaria aren't you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So i just tried this with a friend (His on Daggerspine i'm on Frostmourne) does the fact that i'm on an Oceanic realm and his on a United States on effect how this is suposed to work? Because he couldnt see anyone and couldnt get loot
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I like the change, but this won't fix how overpowered Oondasta is. It's Piercing Roar mixed with a few stacks of Growing Fury, wipes the entire alive population fighting at once.

If you do the fight wrong, yes that is true.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Couldn't say one way or another my realm frequently ignores both Nalak in favor of Oondasta. I wanna a blue lightning dragon durnit!

Also so this means I got another fair while of staring at my other three 86s or is 5.3 coming sooner then all that?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
lols 86-90 was way faster then 80-85 in cata. moveing zone to zone is better then moveing all around the damn world takeing portals here and there its a nice even flow in panda land start here end with the klaxxi i personaly don't see an issue. unless i misses something i leveled a 90 pally tank assin rogue arc mage and aphlic lock all to 90 just following the quest line with minimal lfg. stop whinning and get to questing lots of gold and decent vendor trash to be had.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
04/22/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Aknarai
complete the triple crown of awesome changes and fix 86-90 exp required too:)

33% reduction coming 5.3. Just gotta wait for it.

Please keep in mind that the below notes are not final, and a great deal could change before the final patch 5.3 release.

I am hoping for the best...but you know.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Back in early March we made a hotfix to [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197860389"]remove loot and bonus roll eligibility[/url] for players that defeated Oondasta and Nalak while visiting from a different realm. At the time, the change was made to address realm stability issues. Since then, we’ve address those issues by making [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8953693/#creatures"]tuning adjustments for Oondasta[/url] such as increasing the spawn rate, and reducing Oondasta’s health by 50%.

In an [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8953693/#april22"]upcoming hotfix[/url], players coalesced from a different realm will be eligible to receive loot or use a bonus roll after defeating Oondasta or Nalak once more. Keep in mind, players are still only eligible to receive loot or use a bonus roll once a week.This change will take effect in each region after their scheduled weekly realm maintenance.

Can someone confirm that you get both one Free Roll AND one Coin Bonus Roll for Oondasta/Nalak? Because what happened to me was I did Nalak on Tuesday, forgot to get my fate coins, got them, went back and killed nalak again, and did not receive the bonus roll.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/23/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Nashoba
In an upcoming hotfix, players coalesced from a different realm

Cross-realm technology allows you to party with RealID or BattleTag friends and adventure with them in Pandaria. The same technology also allows you to form cross-realm raids for older raid content.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Please don't CRZ Pandaria. I like my low pop server. I don't want to be on a high pop which is why i chose to move all of my toons spending well over $200 bucks doing it. Thank you for allowing us to bring over friends for the world bosses, but please don't do the full CRZ for Pandaria. If I wanted to play with 1000 other people in the same area I would've stayed on Stormrage. Thank you.
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Druid
04/26/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Rygarius

Cross-realm technology allows you to party with RealID or BattleTag friends and adventure with them in Pandaria. The same technology also allows you to form cross-realm raids for older raid content.

sorry if this comes off as rude, but you either dodged his question or you misunderstood it

he's asking if pandaria will be CRZ'd the way the rest of the world is. right now, pandaria is not crz'd with any other realms (like stormwind and org aren't) unless you invite someone from another realm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
04/26/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Rygarius

While blue feedback is always appreciated, to me this came off as dodging the question. Can you say definitively you will not crz Pandaria (at least until next xpac) ?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I really hope they don't have plans to CRZ Pandaria :\ I still can't believe they haven't admit that CRZ was a terrible decision...

One thing that could fix CRZ would be to tweak the actual 1-85 experience

Remove Quest mob tagging (like you have done in Pandaria)
Increase Quest Item drop rate
Increase the speed at which Quest Objects that require clicking respawn.

CRZ was a great idea, but it's making questing insanely slow.. which is forcing people to spam dungeons.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Death Knight
I'm not a fan of where they made it u can only need for items that you can where
Reply Quote
Community Manager
While blue feedback is always appreciated, to me this came off as dodging the question. Can you say definitively you will not crz Pandaria (at least until next xpac) ?

To the best of my knowledge, there are no plans to change how things are working for outdoor areas in Pandaria at this time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/29/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Rygarius

To the best of my knowledge, there are no plans to change how things are working for outdoor areas in Pandaria at this time.

So much for War coming to the shores of Pandaria.... :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

While this is true for the most part this doesn't work with US and Oceanic realms.
Even while in a group with someone from a US realm, no one is moved cross server... why? I'd love to be able to play with friends on US servers, I used to be able to... why can't I anymore?

Bug? Intended? What's happening....?
Edited by Kiingy on 4/30/2013 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

To those of you who missed the point here: Nashoba seemed to think having cross-realm groups was the same thing as having cross-realm zones, and Rygarius was merely pointing out that these changes are applicable to the existing groups via RID/BT friends lists, or those formed in a CRZ, regardless of any potential changes to CRZ in Pandaria. It wasn't intended to dodge the question; it was redirecting the question to something relevant to the discussion.

You make it sound so benevolent and a 'win' for players .. you omit to note it also allows Blizzard to force me to play alongside jerks from other realms which has made the whole concept of realms and their individual communities obsolete.
You always had to play alongside jerks, and those people don't care what realm you're on, and never did. Yeah, there are more of them, but they mostly affect PvP servers where people conflate ganking lowbies with actual PvP, and even then it's not so bad.

I realize there are definitely some issues to be ironed out (particularly with questing, and possibly node respawn rates), but the concept is very nice, and I consider it largely a win. For low population servers like mine, I went from being literally the only person in the zone for much of my 1-80 experience, to actually having some semblance of other people in this massively multiplayer game.

For high population servers, they can actually break up the zones, so instead of 90 people from your realm in one zone, there are 30 people from your realm and 10 people from other realms in each of 3 CRZ instances (for example). I'm not sure if they actually implemented this, but the whole idea is to balance everything on both extremes, and I think it's worked pretty well for my end so far. If there are issues at the other extreme, they need to get worked out, but that doesn't mean the whole thing is a giant flop.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
First good new ive heard about crz yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]