Capacitive Primal Diamond and Tanking.

90 Dwarf Warrior
Basically, until you have at least half heroic gear the tanking meta is way too good to pass up (besides a few fights with high magic damage instead of physical). Once you are quite geared and taking a butt load less damage then the DPS meta would definitely be viable with the procs hitting well above 100k on most fights (assuming you have an average of 120k+ vengeance). But until then definitely stick with the tank meta.
Edited by Bladestorm on 4/24/2013 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The tanking meta is bad. I have no use for uncontrolled mitigation.

The capacitive meta is 10% of my damage, which usually translates to 20-30k dps.

The choice is simple and clear cut for me at least.

Would you say the same for a Blood DK, though? I don't have the haste or fast melee swings you do as a Brewmaster Monk who duel-wields to see more procs from the meta, so is it worthwhile?

I just don't know if a Blood DK has the haste to swing enough times, proc'ing the trinket enough to make the lack of a ~30% uptime of 20% physical damage mitigation worth it. Does anyone have experience with this comparison? Also, I am only 1/13 H right now and we are working on heroic Ji-kun 10man, and the strikes haven't been an issue so far. If this is one of the harder-hitting bosses in this tier for 10-man, maybe it would be worth it to get the Capacitive Primal Diamond?

Any responses would greatly be appreciated! :D
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
The RPPM system makes the proc rate pretty much only dependent on your haste. The fact that you are using a two hander and empty globals doesn't appreciably change the proc rate. You will get less than druids/monks since you don't normally have haste on most gear, but it won't be super different. They gave different specs different base proc rates for the gem, but all the tanking specs have the same base proc rate. A bigger factor is probably the lower crit chance.

That said, its probably still going to be 8-10% of your damage on a single target, even without significant crit or haste, though you have to consider that you aren't just losing the tank meta proc, you are losing the stamina and armor from the normal tanking meta too, so it does behoove you to get a second helm when you can for tank threatening encounters.
Edited by Asthas on 4/25/2013 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
That said, its probably still going to be 8-10% of your damage on a single target, even without significant crit or haste, though you have to consider that you aren't just losing the tank meta proc, you are losing the stamina and armor from the normal tanking meta too, so it does behoove you to get a second helm when you can for tank threatening encounters.

You brought up some great points. This is the debate I'm having with myself right now, but I think what you said with getting two helms, one with the tank meta and the other with the dps meta, would really help. Right now, the only time I've been in dire jeopardy is getting the second application of Talon Rake by Ji-Kun heroic, but if I can plan to stack my Blood Shield with the amount of mastery I have prior, I don't think I should have any problem with it. DK tanks are great at damage anticipation.

I am all about maximizing my dps as tank. I always use strength flasks, pre-pot and re-pot strength potions, and I typically use Fallen Crusader enchant on my weapon. I'll switch my enchants if I ever have a survivability issue, but the only time I would get absolutely wrecked, in T14 at least, was heroic Empress adds, or Lei Shi splash damage (which is magic damage anyway, so it doesn't really matter much with DK mastery). I'm going to play around with it in our raid tonight. Thanks for the insight!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Capacitive 100% of the way. It is about 10% of my damage on average, and pretty amazing on Lei Shen HC where you need as much dps as you can muster from everyone to help push transitions before leveling up pillars too much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]