New buff for Shroom's. Just another faceroll

100 Tauren Druid
per mmo champ;

Wild Mushroom (Restoration) now accumulates healing power from 50% (up from 25%) of overhealing done by your Rejuvenation, up to a maximum of 67% (up from 33%) of your health in bonus healing per mushroom

Ummmm.....

Blizzard still refuses to deal with our toolkit flaws (including that of shrooms). Disappointing.

So not only are you doubling the uncharged version, you're doubling the charged variant, but keeping the same amount of ramp up time and same restrictive placement...The exact issues that make Resto Druids utterly HATE this garbage.

Infact, the healing they do when charged, currently, is more than fine. Well just fine given the ramp up time. But you buff those numbers to make it OP in the rare event; You know, like Haileys comet, that we can actually get a raid stacked up, charge them, and then use them. (Outside of Megera, this never happens. Save...Trash before Horridon? What a joke..)

Blizzard, this is a fail. If you would allow a longer CD to place instantly charged shrooms, OR the ability to place shrooms on a raid member, you would not have any of these silly problems with just flat buffing the crap out of garbage just to see if they work better. They won't. You will not fix these until you fix the mechanical problems with Shrooms.

This is nothing but a faceroll numbers buff while avoiding fixing the actual issue. What's next to fix resto druids? An instant heal that heals each person in an entire raid for 600k, with no cooldown but costs 101% of your maximum mana?
That's not all that different from the mechanics of shrooms. They're incredibly impractical. The only thing practical about them is that you're guarenteed to practically never use them outside of Megera. And even that fight, You cannot charge your shrooms the second a rampage comes out because there is no longer -*ANY*- overhealing possible. Even the one fight they're good for we're still handcuffed by them significantly.
Edited by Tonydanza on 4/25/2013 2:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
keeping the same amount of ramp

It should at least be easier to get them charged better for things like iron qon where it's hard to get them filled between aoe.

I REALLY don't understand why they DOUBLED the healing though. It will be doing more healing than revival in 10-man if you can use it! I imagine in pvp this is going to be ridiculous as well with getting a literal LoH on 3 - 5 people near shrooms.

We didn't like shrooms because it was the amazing form of burst that we've always wanted restricted to a small stacked area and required ramp up, preplacement, and multiple GCDs. This is going to be really OP when we can use it and remain near worthless when we can't use them.

Should have increased it to a decent cooldown 1 minute + and made it an instant cast, or just reworked it entirely if they want us using it. I'm not sure if I can even call this a bandaid fix of some sort. It kind of seems like the devs don't know what to do and the change to 25-man healer CDs is also going to be weird (specially with Spriests and HoTw tranqs from dps druids).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A spell that bases it's throughput off of one's OH is just plain silly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So not only are you doubling the uncharged version, you're doubling the charged variant, but keeping the same amount of ramp up time and same restrictive placement...The exact issues that make Resto Druids utterly HATE this garbage.

Infact, the healing they do when charged, currently, is more than fine.

The only actual benefit I can see from this change is that spreading the mushrooms out would then be worthwhile. Outside of Magera and some trash pulls and maybe One-eyed Willy, they're currently nearly pointless to try and use.

It still leaves me wondering if they'd be worthwhile to use when they're NOT fully ramped up.
Edited by Sherbear on 4/25/2013 3:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

It still leaves me wondering if they'd be worthwhile to use when they're NOT fully ramped up.

That only reminds me of another issue..

The healing uncharged shrooms do is not meaningless. It's useful for light damage. The problem therein; If you're going to bloom them uncharged, it still costs 3GCD's that are far better used with Rejuv + SM + WG. And it's not even close.

Overall the shrooms just arent worth it unless you have an encounter that has very specific circumstances at precise times; 1 A reliable and planned stackpoint, 2 Time to place them, 3 Time to ramp them up where overhealing is actually possible. (This is a major frigging issue, as the times shrooms would be most beneficial, are generally right around the times when OVERHEALING IS IMPOSSIBLE derrrrr?)

Only one encounter currently provides this, Megera. And even that is very tight with issues #2/#3 on the last couple of heads.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Shrooms @485 ilvl in 5.1 did about 200-250k on explosion. Now for 3 GCDs and 6k mana you can do ?600k in 5.3. Without charge up.

The bonus healing from rejuv however doesn't require 6 targets per shroom. That healing is divided between the targets, so even hitting 2 players is enough. My math for 5.2 shrooms had them at ~1M healing in 490-495 ilvl gear. In 5.3 that number becomes 2M healing.

You can try to get 6 people in range for every shroom if you really want but you will be frustrated on some fights. But getting just 1-2 players in range of shrooms will hit them with a 450k-225k instant, off the GCD heal. Honestly, for heroic Ji'kun (any raid size) you'll be glad you shroomed. Put 1 on the tank, 1 on yourself, 1 on the melee. Every quills... bamn 30% to full. Which is the point of shrooms, to make up for the lack of AoE direct healing.
Reply Quote
Well, one way to look at it is that with a healing doubling, you don't HAVE to stack all three at one point. You'll do some massive healing if you do, but with each shroom doing a nice chunk of healing, you can spread them out and hit a lot more people for a decent heal in spread situations.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A spell that bases it's throughput off of one's OH is just plain silly.

My thoughts on it. I ACTUALLY USE bloom now that it was buffed but the time to place it (and wait time for overhealing) is too long. If it's charging then someone's sniping my heals or I'm doing it wrong (99% of the time my heals are just being sniped). If it's not charging, then I actually NEED that burst and since none of my spells will overheal it won't be worth using since it will just heal for base damage. It's going to be even better for stack points with staggered damage phases, but it's either going to remain broken and be used as a "druids are OP" reference (which is false and hurts us) resulting in druid nerfs in other spots, or it will be reverted and we're back at square one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]