How to fix OP absorbs

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Divine star healing people for 20k every 15 secs gotta love that aoe buddy. Not to mention unless people are stacked up its kinda worthless. Cascade is kinda worthless if people are stacked. Halo LOL long CD diminished returns too expensive to cast most of the time.

It definitely heals for more as Disc I would say and for holy it is definitely worth using stacked. I can get 100k plus crits from Divine Star.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If they put SS on a 3 min timer, they will have to buff it. As it stands right now, the reason it's on a 1 min timer has to do with the risk vs. reward of using it.

Mhmm. Reducing our ability to pre-absorb would need to come with some sort of throughput buff in compensation.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
04/26/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Mythrose
If they put SS on a 3 min timer, they will have to buff it. As it stands right now, the reason it's on a 1 min timer has to do with the risk vs. reward of using it.

Mhmm. Reducing our ability to pre-absorb would need to come with some sort of throughput buff in compensation.
2 points:
1 - You PW:S spam instead of SSh those burst... it'd be a very small nerf.
2 - Should a class with a massive damage reduction CD, highest near-lethal burst mechanic mitigation, and highest dps while maintaining the highest effective HPS... really not see round side of the nerf bat?

Overall. Health pools relative to boss damage/healer output is too small. Which has created a situation where you can't do the content without absorbs, which has lead to a "heroicToT-bring the absorb class" situation. I don't actually think disc is broken OP (well atonement HPS is too high, doing 60-80k dps should come with some sacrifice to HPS), I just think that the dmg/HP or heal/HP ratios are totally off. And I've thought this since the first time we pulled heroic empress... knowing that ilvl makes HPS scale twice as fast as HP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

2 points:
2 - Should a class with a massive damage reduction CD, highest near-lethal burst mechanic mitigation, and highest dps while maintaining the highest effective HPS... really not see round side of the nerf bat?

Overall. Health pools relative to boss damage/healer output is too small. Which has created a situation where you can't do the content without absorbs, which has lead to a "heroicToT-bring the absorb class" situation. I don't actually think disc is broken OP (well atonement HPS is too high, doing 60-80k dps should come with some sacrifice to HPS), I just think that the dmg/HP or heal/HP ratios are totally off. And I've thought this since the first time we pulled heroic empress... knowing that ilvl makes HPS scale twice as fast as HP.

It may be an instant cast spell, but it still obeys the GCD. It's quite mana intensive and time consuming to PW:Shield blanket. Mostly because the shield begins to drop of the first target before you even finish. That's why Spirit Shell is so ideal, it allows us to blanket using PoH

Not saying it isn't possible or viable, but it's certainly no replacement for a healing buff elsewhere.
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/26/2013 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/26/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Marathel
Divine star healing people for 20k every 15 secs gotta love that aoe buddy. Not to mention unless people are stacked up its kinda worthless. Cascade is kinda worthless if people are stacked. Halo LOL long CD diminished returns too expensive to cast most of the time.

It definitely heals for more as Disc I would say and for holy it is definitely worth using stacked. I can get 100k plus crits from Divine Star.

I don't see how. It suffers from DR after 6 people. Which means that it's doing ~16kish a person if you're fully stacked, even in a 10 man. So sure, you might get 100k crits...if you're only using it on less than 6 people. But the purpose of Divine Star is to be stacked, so if you're like me, in a 25 man, it heals for a lot less.

It also goes backwards if you're standing on the grate in Primordius's room. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/26/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Pitkanen

2 points:

I'm just going to say this here and now: The fact that you are advocating a return to Bubble Spam as "compensation" for Disc losing a CD makes me want to reach through my computer screen and slam your face into a wall. I don't know if you played a Disc Priest during Wrath, but Bubble spam is soul-killing. It is literally the worst playstyle I have ever seen. I would rather play any other class if that is what Disc is going to be reduced to. What's more, you're not even considering the much, MUCH higher cost of Bubble spam vs. Spirit Shell. We're already being nerfed. Stop being a jerk and advocating for a complete destruction of a spec. I get that you don't like Disc Priests. I understand being frustrated. But the fact that you just want the spec to be destroyed makes me sick.

Also, the only way that Disc is achieving 60-80k DPS on a fight is if there is a Damage Modifier artificially inflating the amount of DPS they're able to do. That's seriously it. I do not understand why people cannot see that the problem is not Atonement, the problem is the stupid Damage Modifiers they continue to put on bosses, KNOWING that both Disc and Mistweavers benefit obscenely from them. This is not rocket science, and I do not understand why people like you continue to harp on something that Disc has no control over. We have no way of making the devs stop putting out Damage Modifier fights, even though many Disc Priests have repeatedly stated that it's artificially inflating our numbers and to please stop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't see how. It suffers from DR after 6 people. Which means that it's doing ~16kish a person if you're fully stacked, even in a 10 man. So sure, you might get 100k crits...if you're only using it on less than 6 people. But the purpose of Divine Star is to be stacked, so if you're like me, in a 25 man, it heals for a lot less.

It also goes backwards if you're standing on the grate in Primordius's room. >.<

As holy in stacked fights yes I seen it. Though far more common is getting 50-75k crits.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
As holy in stacked fights yes I seen it. Though far more common is getting 50-75k crits.

Again, the only way you are getting 100k crits on Divine Star is if the star is hitting less than 6 people when you cast it that time, which is a bit of a waste. Now, for Shadow it's a completely different situation. They're supposed to have DR on their Divine Star after 10, but I haven't seen evidence of the DR actually kicking in.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
gain, the only way you are getting 100k crits on Divine Star is if the star is hitting less than 6 people when you cast it that time, which is a bit of a waste. Now, for Shadow it's a completely different situation. They're supposed to have DR on their Divine Star after 10, but I haven't seen evidence of the DR actually kicking in.

I'm pretty sure when you're stacked on Jinkroh for lighting storm there is more than six people...

Even if 100k was with less than six people you definitely over 50k in numbers when stacked when it crits in 10 man. I'm not that wrong on my holy priest=P and always used it when stacked.

Still I oddly like halo more. As expensive as it is it does heal for a lot and I found uses for it like on tortos.
Edited by Marathel on 4/26/2013 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wouldn't mind a different mastery effect personally. Never felt right having 30-40% of my overall spell usage come from a spell I don't even control.

But whatever. As long as you don't try to nerf us to the ground again, cause that never works.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Please read my earlier posts. Disc has decent output but is surpassed by most other classes at it's limits. PW:S spam is not even close to a viable replacement for SS to prepare for damage bursts. Any significant SS nerf will severely limit disc's aoe burst abilitiy. If you must continue to insist that disc is too strong, what you should be looking at is damage modifiers as Tiriel pointed out, and the prevalence of short-duration burst aoe damage this tier that synergize with our healing style. And the fact that most guilds significantly overheal normal conent, where absorbs look stronger.
Edited by Mythrose on 4/26/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Overall. Health pools relative to boss damage/healer output is too small. Which has created a situation where you can't do the content without absorbs

I can assure you all of tot can be cleared without a disc or pally.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k6gp8vpv6ve97gdd/sum/healingDone/?s=2256&e=2867#Elhorno

^^ heroic horridon. no pally or disc heals.

100k bubbles that are gone in mere seconds off of any heroic horridon debuff... Add in the weakened soul debuff and with no actual healing power to compensate we would be severely nerfed.

Like i said before we dont actually heal for crap. We are good at sniping heals with atonement when no raid damage is coming out. We are also good at spreading absorbs not healing. If our absorbs were nerfed and healing we buffed we would be holy priests with a new name.

I have a holy OS i have rarely seen in hit that high. Even just casting it on me alone it only goes to 35k with the right chakra. i have about 25% crit in raids so crits happen often.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm pretty sure when you're stacked on Jinkroh for lighting storm there is more than six people...

Even if 100k was with less than six people you definitely over 50k in numbers when stacked when it crits in 10 man. I'm not that wrong on my holy priest=P and always used it when stacked.

Still I oddly like halo more. As expensive as it is it does heal for a lot and I found uses for it like on tortos.

With the crit effect meta, yes, you can easily hit 50k+ crits on Divine Star. But I just do not see how 16-20k hits translate into 100k Crits, unless they've completely re-worked how Crits work since I was last looking. I can try to test Divine Star some this week, tho, as Holy, to double check from my end. I've used it before just never seen that happen.

Halo is really really good for Tortos, but that's about the only fight I can see myself using it on. Positional requirements + long CD + ridiculous mana cost make me not want to mess with it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If your main is a Disc Priest, and you are calling for Disc Priest nerfs, it would help if you would post on your main. I don't understand why you would post on a Druid alt and go, "Oh, but my main is Disc, so it's totally okay for me to call for nerfs because the only content I've ever seen on either of my characters is stupid easy."

pointless ribble rabble
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
With the crit effect meta, yes, you can easily hit 50k+ crits on Divine Star. But I just do not see how 16-20k hits translate into 100k Crits, unless they've completely re-worked how Crits work since I was last looking. I can try to test Divine Star some this week, tho, as Holy, to double check from my end. I've used it before just never seen that happen.

Halo is really really good for Tortos, but that's about the only fight I can see myself using it on. Positional requirements + long CD + ridiculous mana cost make me not want to mess with it.

Well I only use it on stacking phases like mageara or jinkoh normal wise. But I don't pay attention exactly to my position so I may have been hitting less than I thought but on 25 man you're completely right. The most I seen was a 33k crit and average heal is 20k. On 10 man in such fights It's pretty worth it in my opinion considering its cheap mana cost and that holy is a filthy mana hogger lol.

Halo though I seen as high as 350k crit with holy and sanctuary on 10 man. On 25 man it heals pretty well too despite the DR but I only done 25 man on LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I think everybody realizes that disc priests and holy pallies are topping the meters cause of this overpowered abosrbs.

I thought everyone living mattered.

But I guess play styles can differ.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a holy OS i have rarely seen in hit that high. Even just casting it on me alone it only goes to 35k with the right chakra. i have about 25% crit in raids so crits happen often.

For my holy priest I get 40k average hits...crit is between 78k to 80k on self.
Edited by Marathel on 4/26/2013 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well I only use it on stacking phases like mageara or jinkoh normal wise. But I don't pay attention exactly to my position so I may have been hitting less than I thought but on 25 man you're completely right. The most I seen was a 33k crit and average heal is 20k. On 10 man in such fights It's pretty worth it in my opinion considering its cheap mana cost and that holy is a filthy mana hogger lol.

Halo though I seen as high as 350k crit with holy and sanctuary on 10 man. On 25 man it heals pretty well too despite the DR but I only done 25 man on LFR.

Halo has a higher base heal, tho, I think, even with DR.

I'm still sore that Spriest Divine Star heals for far, far more than my Divine Star will heal for as Holy or Disc. -_-
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I tried to convince our spriest to use divine star to help us with Hmeg. That lasted for about 10min :p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I tried to convince our spriest to use divine star to help us with Hmeg. That lasted for about 10min :p

I believe our GM told the Spriests to use it, or get sat. >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]