Rets still having issues with surviving?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel like very few comps have give Ret an opportunity to do anything but kite 80% of games.
Except for Ret/Hunter/Priest and Monk/Ret/Priest.
I feel like these two comps are great because of the hunter's defensives that they can put on your like SAC and ect,
and they need less baby sitting if they are playing BM. I also enjoy playing with WWers because of their off healing during
CC times on your healer. Always good.

What are your experiences with different comps for RET atm?
Here is mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0_HSuBVNR8
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Rets will still get trained next patch. The Aura mastery buff will be a nice addition to defensives, but is still not enough.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I find if I'm questing/pve, and end up fighting two or three mobs and I'm questing with sub-par to average questing gear I'll have some trouble taking them down, might even die so I end up switching to my protection spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rets will still get trained next patch. The Aura mastery buff will be a nice addition to defensives, but is still not enough.

that will have nil effect on ret palas.
that change is more for RBGs during beams and stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't think anything really has changed and it doesn't look like things are changing any time soon for Ret defensive wise.

That said ret does seem better than last season mainly due to the healing changes but ret just is a very good kill target with our few deffensives and the fact that a significant portion of our utility is only useful when one of our partners is the kill target.

I know it might be rather obvious but most of the teams that are best with rets have classes that allow them to peel or otherwise save ret when they are being trained. This is one of the reasons priests work so well for rets IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hopefully the increase of damage in 5.3 will see us having to go defensive less often.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hopefully the increase of damage in 5.3 will see us having to go defensive less often.

doyouevenwarcraft.jpg

The damage increase won't do anything to offset the fact that a moist fart is capable of taking away half our health.

Coupled with the fact that there still isn't a single spec of a single class that Ret actually hardcounters.. Ret will still be a second-string benchwarmer spec.

Fun in Random BGs? Absolutely. Desireable for RBGS? Nope. Extremely small, specialized niche that borders on nonviable in Arena due to said squishiness? Yep.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hard counters don't exist anymore really.
And I don't think you realize that offensive pressure = not having to pop deffensives.
IE: the whole warrior class is based around this concept.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Rets will still get trained next patch.

The Aura mastery buff will be a nice addition to defensives, but is still not enough. that will have nil effect on ret palas.that change is more for RBGs during beams and stuff.

Not true. If you are running a ret in arenas /rbg's and you don't have an hpal healer, this becomes huge during beams. It's equally as good for ret as it is for holy. I don't understand how you think this spell is nil for ret??
Edited by Devilas on 4/26/2013 7:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hard counters don't exist anymore really.
And I don't think you realize that offensive pressure = not having to pop deffensives.
IE: the whole warrior class is based around this concept.

And then you realized that a single CC on the Ret that can't be trinketed/bubbled equals a perfect setup for counterpressure, playing right against the Ret's extremely lackluster defensive toolkit.

Edit: Scratch that. It assumes the Ret isn't already the most viable kill target on any team they're on and isn't already being trained.
Edited by Iolwut on 4/26/2013 7:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Dunno why I even bothered trying to correct a 1200 ret pala.
Edited by Solvexx on 4/26/2013 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I have nothing I can use to try and come back to that.

Wait, I'll call him bad. That always works!

P.S: Not checking the last time games were played on a throwaway 2s

P.P.S: 1700 in 3s trying to use rating insults.
Edited by Iolwut on 4/26/2013 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I tried dueling a few people in the PTR - I think our damage boost and heals boost will be significant and definately help. I can even match Warlocks and get a few Mage hits in.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Well not everyone can win-trade 2.2k rating for their t2 weapon on February 4, 2013.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Solvexx/achievement#95:15092
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/26/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Slaidrei

Well not everyone can win-trade 2.2k rating for their t2 weapon on February 4, 2013.

OUCH.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that shut her up
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
toasting in epic bread, let's see some results
/popcorn to the outcome of this thread
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/26/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Slaidrei

Oh sh*t.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wait.. What?
Win trade?

Are you retarded?

Solvexx
Solvexo

I've been playing both for over 5 years with t2 weapons.
In both 3s, and last season from RBGs.
Not sure how any one could ever think I win traded when I've obviously been 2200+ for longer than you guys have even been playing this game.

Anyway, 1200 players calling others wintraders just because I went from 1990 to 2200 in one day. Not everyone has friends that are willing to help out a mate with a class in a bad spot I guess.

http://www.twitch.tv/irastel/b/322862377
Stream of my two mates, and I playing above 2200.

Suck it.
Edited by Solvexx on 4/26/2013 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyway, 1200 players calling others wintraders just because I went from 1990 to 2200 in one day. Not everyone has friends that are willing to help out a mate with a class in a bad spot I guess.
^
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silver-hand/Majintherm/achievement#95:15092 pve main since cata
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Thermy/achievement#95:15092 old main pvp since bc-cata
Edited by Majintherm on 4/26/2013 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]