Rets still having issues with surviving?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thermy knows what's up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Don't worry, the fact that you earned 2k rating before you earned 1.9k rating and then earned 2.2k rating before you earned 2.1k raiting all in the same day, one year after you maxed out at 1.8k rating, doesn't make it super obvious at all.

http://www.twitch.tv/irastel/b/322862377
Stream of my two mates, and I playing above 2200.

Grats on earning 2.2k doing 3s in cata. It's too bad you couldn't do the same last season and felt the need to win-trade a 498 weapon.
Edited by Slaidrei on 4/26/2013 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And going by your awesome theory there, he also got 1300 before 1200 last year. I'm guessing that was a win trade too?

Go learn how achievement granting works when receiving multiple titles at the same time champ.

Don't try and tarnish someone else's accomplishments just because you are unable to be successful yourself.
Edited by Nonabel on 4/26/2013 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
^ Thank you. At least there are a few bright paladins on this forum.

I dont think you know how achvs work Slaidrei.

Once again, suck it.
Edited by Solvexx on 4/26/2013 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
And going by your awesome theory there, he also got 1300 before 1200 last year. I'm guessing that was a win trade too?

Go learn how achievement granting works when receiving multiple titles at the same time champ.

Don't try and tarnish someone else's accomplishments just because you are unable to be successful yourself.

Oh, I don't honestly give a !@#$ about said achievements or titles. I just think it's funny when someone with illegitimate achievements tries to lord over someone and be condescending, rather than have a simple conversation about a mutually enjoyed class.

Dunno why I even bothered trying to correct a 1200 ret pala.

^ lol. Please, do me next and tell me how I'm wrong for playing WoW solo. I mean, I have literally 0 rating so I must be complete dog!@#$, right?
Edited by Slaidrei on 4/26/2013 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No one is insulting your gameplay style or skills, although insults to your intelligence may be warranted.

It's also funny how someone who has no experience within a matter can think that their knowledge is the be all and end all. It is more than possible to achieve such rating gains within a day, legitimately.

Your attempts at trying to call someone out are mediocre at best, and honestly you lack any credibility to be doing so in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just because you get cut doesn't mean you can make up lies about someone who is obviously known by others and as has been demonstrated quite thorougly to not of win traded.

I could not care less about how you play this game.
As long as you dont try to assert your opinion as fact in regards to something youve mever been apart of.

This did not happen, just an example but like you said you don't have any rating, so dont comment on higher rating ret pala pvp. Like i said, that is just an example.
It's more directed at the person on page one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Now back on topic, solvexx in your opinion would a 2% increase in resilience be very noticeable when already hovering around 65%, because the way I'm feeling at the moment the increased power should be enough to negate that extra damage through heals etc.

I just can't bring myself to go all out resilience for some reason..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
04/26/2013 09:58 PMPosted by Solvexx
I could not care less about how you play this game.

you don't have any rating, so dont comment on higher rating ret pala pvp

el oh el
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Personally I'm not very good at maths past high school level, but I've seen some videos on why resil is better than pvp power.
You can find one on Reckful's channel. It's called Reckfultv I believe on youtube.

His video goes in depth as to the maths behind why resil at this point is still better.

I like how it feels atm. in a 1v1 situation I don't really have any issues staying alive against anyone except for multi glad hunters and rogues essentially.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Although the increase in damage will be helpful and any increase in healing will be nice I dont think its going to shift the paradigm much next season.

The fact is after bubble is used we just don't have many ways to mitigate large bursts. If you don't have trinket or bubble it is just way too easy to be killed in a single deep freeze or rogue stun.

What Ret needs is a new button we can press that would allow us to take some damage reduction or maybe the ability to use a heal while stunned would be something that could be helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It was mathematically superior in 5.1 but it became pretty much completely linear in 5.2. It's all personal preference at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and give it a try then.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks Lobster :)
We don't always see eye to eye but you're a good bloke.

Some people just like to jump on bandwagons because some times I can be a little abbraisive. >.<
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Dunno why I even bothered trying to correct a 1200 ret pala.

ehhh solvexx.... how did you turn into such a douche. You used to be nice in cata...

but...

04/24/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Solvexx
Rets will still get trained next patch. The Aura mastery buff will be a nice addition to defensives, but is still not enough.

that will have nil effect on ret palas.
that change is more for RBGs during beams and stuff.

Its not nil effect. Its a nice buff

Not only can you hand of sac CC from your healer now, you can also "break" their silence. Its a silence "trinket".

04/26/2013 10:42 PMPosted by Lobster
difficult feat in either arena or RBGs (especially RBGs lol). Hell, I got all of my RBG achievements over 2 days last expansion just by derping around with guildies between raids lol.

ehh its not difficult in terms of amount of "skill or coordination" but it definitely takes a large chunk of time.

You wouldnt have reached that far in "2 days" without your guildies. Its not easy for the "majority" of playerbase who happen to pug. Thats why its kinda hard to believe ppl didnt get carried/wintraded when they receive certain ratings in such a fast time. And lets be honest here no1 sells carries/wintrades to 2000. And rated bg wintrade didnt exist in cata. Its obvious u didnt lobster and that other dude majin.

http://www.twitch.tv/irastel/b/322862377

O I thought that was your evidence of playing Rbgs to 2200 its just a 3s game.... That doesnt really prove you didnt wintrade.

Not sure how any one could ever think I win traded when I've obviously been 2200+ for longer than you guys have even been playing this game.

How does people simply being able to achieve 2200 arena doesnt mean they don't wintrade?

1500 arena 1800-2200 rbgs in one day = wintrade? but 2200 arena 1800-2200 rbgs in one day = not wintrade? sure the first seem more suspicious but the latter isnt simply off the hook

.... ppl might as well buy 2200 arena and 2200 rbgs to null any assumptions of wintrade if the latter was always to be held true.

It would be more believable if you werent a Ret paladin a highly unwanted spec in rated bgs. If not wintraded/bought carry most likely carried by friends. You certainly arent the main contributor of those wins all the way to 2200 in rated bgs as a Ret.

you can armory troll me all you like I dont care
Edited by Kitteykat on 4/27/2013 5:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm the same person I was in Cata.
Not my problem if people saying I wintraded gets me a bit annoyed.

I have the person who symbolizes the paladin forum community vouching for me, but yet people still try to troll. Grow up.

Regardless of whether you think I contributed to the team winning or not does not void the fact that I attained the rating. That's like saying an FC doesn't deserve his rating gain because all he did was defend a node uncontested during a particular game.

Logic!
Edited by Solvexx on 4/27/2013 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
man this thread was going good. I lol'd at all the butthurt
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]