Fresh Lfr's ?

10 Night Elf Druid
How would you "fix" it in an effective way that doesn't create either:

1. Horrendously long queue times, or
2. Raids that are stuck when 4-5 people drop out after a boss kill?

Give player the option:

When I open the LFR window, I choose my role (tank, DPS or healer) I could also have the option to make sure I get a fresh run (with a warning that if I request a fresh run I'll be waiting longer then if I'll take a partially complete run)

This way if I choose a fresh run I might have a horrendous long waiting queue for myself, but I choosed it and I got warn about it so it's ok.

It will also save time for the 22 players waiting in the dungeon, they shouldn't get new member leaving as soon that they learn that the first boss is dead, since they sign on for partially complete run.

We could maybe even have to option to choose which boss we want to make sure this particular boss is still alive.

This might be wishful thinking, but choosing which piece of gear we want and against how many player we are ready to roll (I hate when I want a mage piece and I join a random group where all the DPS are mage/warlock/shadow priest, all the DPS leather/mail and pplate get DE and I need to roll against 7 players for my cloth, then my friend tell me he was in a group with no clothy, WTF why didn't some of our clothy got sended to that group, and some of the leather/mail/plate user to our group?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How would you "fix" it in an effective way that doesn't create either:

1. Horrendously long queue times, or
2. Raids that are stuck when 4-5 people drop out after a boss kill?

Give player the option:

When I open the LFR window, I choose my role (tank, DPS or healer) I could also have the option to make sure I get a fresh run (with a warning that if I request a fresh run I'll be waiting longer then if I'll take a partially complete run)

This way if I choose a fresh run I might have a horrendous long waiting queue for myself, but I choosed it and I got warn about it so it's ok.

It will also save time for the 22 players waiting in the dungeon, they shouldn't get new member leaving as soon that they learn that the first boss is dead, since they sign on for partially complete run.

We could maybe even have to option to choose which boss we want to make sure this particular boss is still alive.

This might be wishful thinking, but choosing which piece of gear we want and against how many player we are ready to roll (I hate when I want a mage piece and I join a random group where all the DPS are mage/warlock/shadow priest, all the DPS leather/mail and pplate get DE and I need to roll against 7 players for my cloth, then my friend tell me he was in a group with no clothy, WTF why didn't some of our clothy got sended to that group, and some of the leather/mail/plate user to our group?

You are -not- rolling against the other people in your LFR group for loot. All LFR loot rolls are individually; they did away with normal rolling after DS (due to people needing just to trade later; guilds -all- needing to funnel loot to one player, people needing just to be dicks, etc)

In general; having a fresh run option does NOT only hurt the queue times for those opting for the fresh run; it hurts the queues for the groups in progress (most likely more than it hurts the queue for the fresh run folks) - most people want a fresh run. The people running ToT LFR only for valor are in the minority; the in progress runs would never get filled because MOST people will be ticking the "fresh run" option.

If groups are patient, sure they'll eventually get filled by people who do a fresh run, get stuck, then leave and requeue for a partial run; but it would take a ridiculously long time. Not worth the change.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Coming in after a boss is down then staying to completion should reward a fresh run for your next q in that instance. This is fair.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]