Shaman Crit

90 Troll Shaman
I find I don't value mastery as much, but mostly 'cause I raid with a holy paladin and a lot of it gets wasted. I have been considering trying to haste reforge, but I'm not quite sure if I'm there yet, item-wise.

You aren't. Honestly, until you hit 515 ilvl without the meta, maybe 511 ilvl with the meta... it isn't really worth considering. Once you go deep haste you see a huge potential to accidentally oom yourself. Like, before you switch you should have feel like you have to be a little reckless with mana to oom.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
The haste breakpoints for HST and HTT are completely unreliable and should be avoided, unless you can achieve 3764 without any major reforging/gemming.

You can safely ignore haste and AS, pickup EM, and have on demand breakpoints that are slightly less buggy thanks be to being well over a hard cap under EM's effect.

This leaves you with nothing to do really other than go crit if you are struggling on mana, or mastery if your raid is always sub 50% hp and you are fine on regen, or crit=mastery for a generally strong throughput+regen gain.

In cata the haste breakpoints were huge! Though mana was a complete non-issue thanks to TC.
Edited by Foc on 4/25/2013 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/25/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Foc
The haste breakpoints for HST and HTT are completely unreliable and should be avoided, unless you can achieve 3764 without any major reforging/gemming.

The Haste breakpoints for HST & HTT are indeed problematic, but if you can experiment with reforging to find out how much Haste you need to overshoot them by for the issue to become a non-issue, the extra HST & HTT ticks are valuable.

So to... amend your statement, I'd re-word it to say "do not reforge to sit AT the 3764 breakpoint; you must determine how much you need to overshoot it by in order to reliably get your extra totem ticks"

3764 (+ cushion) is additionally important once you have 2pc T15. Then, as you've insinuated, once you're beyond the 3764 breakpoint, and looking at the 5676 and 7613 breakpoints, you don't need to worry about the unreliability/haste cushioning at all, since all of the non-totem breakpoints are reliable.

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-resto_its_raining_heals_5_2_a/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
04/25/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Ellarix
Shaman haste breakpoints can be found at this site (although you might want to be careful about the numbers for extra ticks of HTT; I believe extra ticks for totems are buggy / unreliable): http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

Careful with Totemspot's Haste chart; the breakpoint to which you are specifically referring (HST/HTT @ 3764 with AS and +5% Spell haste raid buff) is incorrectly labled.

This breakpoint gives you a total of 10 HST ticks, not the 9 + 2 (ie, 11) Binkenstein has labled.

I've switched over to referring to elitistjerk's Haste information (Binkenstein of Totemspot and Vixsin of ej work together closely to theorycraft, and I'm sure Binkenstein's chart is simply a typo... but... )

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-resto_its_raining_heals_5_2_a/

Any other suggestions that could help me would be appreciated.

Not unless you can show us logs, really.

Actually, the table is correct.

HST has an initial tick, which is not included in the chart to maintain consistency with calculations for all spells/classes.

The 9 refers to the total ticks, while +2 refers to the additional ticks (ie: 7+2=9). So for HST you add on the initial tick and get 10, which is what you're expecting. This was noted at the top of the page, by the way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
04/25/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Pitkanen
I find I don't value mastery as much, but mostly 'cause I raid with a holy paladin and a lot of it gets wasted. I have been considering trying to haste reforge, but I'm not quite sure if I'm there yet, item-wise.

You aren't. Honestly, until you hit 515 ilvl without the meta, maybe 511 ilvl with the meta... it isn't really worth considering. Once you go deep haste you see a huge potential to accidentally oom yourself. Like, before you switch you should have feel like you have to be a little reckless with mana to oom.

I find that mana does go up and down a lot, but you really can weave in a lot of lightning bolts and healing waves to be more mana conscious. But it does depend on your healing comp. Since I am in a 10 man with two other healers, heavy haste is working pretty well.

I was running 25-30% crit for a while, sacrificing some spirit to do so. With the healing wave crits, mana was pretty much a non-issue. Resurgence is just wonderful when you have heavy crit. But once I got the 4pc, I think I will stick with the haste for more totem ticks, HoT ticks, and AA procs.
Edited by Shaylana on 4/28/2013 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
There is no reason to choose 50% as a goal for mastery - that's an arbitrary number.

WHY
WHY
WHY

WHY

WHY DOES NO ONE EVER UNDERSTAND THISS!!!!!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!??!

There is no reason to choose 50% as a goal for mastery - that's an arbitrary number.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hi I was wondering What is the best BreakPoint for resto shaman 3764 or 5676 i have only 506 ilvl plz help
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
or do ineed reach 7613
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
These are my personal opinions garnered through extensive gameplay and common sense throught the 7 years playing this game. I have been a progression raider since wrath.

Haste is a waste of secondary stats. It takes so much haste to reach the next soft cap of any sort and your reward for doing so is 1 extra tick of X spell. For example: I run with just over 7.5% haste on my gear (all haste reforged), plus the 5% from raid to get 12.5% haste while raid buffed. The soft cap before 12.5% is 10%(9.98). Going from 10% to 12.5% only nets me 1 tick of ELW. One! One tick of a hot which procs for 1000 secondary stats, imho is a waste. If I wanted another tick of HTT, I need 4000 more haste. That's just silly. I am not reforged to 10% haste because the gear I have simply has to much to get that low. Haste=Waste. But what about cast time you say? Do some reforging and testing and see how much a bunch of haste will knock of your cast time and tell me if it seems worth the stat investment to you.

Spirit: I will not be anyones mana battery. If your healing team is always calling for your MTT, then they are doing it wrong. I see Shaman running with more than 15000 spirit (I run between 8-10k) and I shake my head. Yes spirit is the best regen stat, but we are shaman and there is another stat which to me is significantly more valuable than spirit.

Mastery is not it. Baseline shamans have 39% and it is pretty easy to get to 50%ish. This percentage means nothing. Mastery works for all of our heals and is more effective at low health pools. The more you have, the more you heal for when health is low, pretty simple. Because mastery works in this manner, it is the last stat I look for when reforging.

Crit is the cool kid for me. I currently have reforged and gemmed to nearly 28% crit. With all raid buffs I get 33% crit. One out of three of my heals crits, sometimes more, rarely less. This is incredibly useful. Resurgence returns mana to me when I crit with single target heals. Most heals will crit. I love crit. Crit, crit and crit. Crit!

I have so much crit that I will actually start reforging spirit to mastery because the amount of secondary stats I would need to achieve 50% crit would be rediculous.

For me: Haste(7.5% from gear+5% from raid=12.5%)>Spirit(8-10k depending on your personal spell selection)>Int(flasks and food)>Crit>Mastery.

If you want a bunch of haste, then get EM and achieve those break points every 2 minutes or on demand! It will give you like 40% haste on demand!
Edited by Bombadil on 5/4/2013 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]