Resto Druid 5.3 Patch Notes

90 Night Elf Druid
Restoration
•Ironbark now has a cooldown of 60 seconds, down from 2 minutes.
•Swiftmend's area-of-effect component now heals injured allies within 10 yards, up from 8 yards.
•Wild Mushroom: Bloom: Healing from this spell has been increased by 100%, which includes all bonus healing from Rejuvenation overhealing. In addition, the radius has been increased to 10 yards (up from 8).

Anyone else *sigh* over this? I feel like they do not read forums or listen to ACTUAL things we want. I mean I guess a bigger healing circle will be nice, but nobody really asked for this/said we needed this.

Mushrooms like that wont go live - they'll be too OP. Why not listen to THE DRUIDS when we ask for them to be ONE mushroom to place, instead of 3 globals. WE WANT THE SPELL LESS CLUNKY!

I seriously wish they would read our posts on the forums, find out our real issues, then work to fix.

Building in T14 4 set would be great, and help our HPS a bit.
Reducing innervate CD would help us - at least we could blanket more.
The ONE mushroom thing - making us less clunky.
Give us a reason to use nourish/healing touch again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Because it's easier to put on a bandaid and worry about it later.

Priest, wanted mechanical fixes first and foremost got huge number buffs. Only somewhat solved following tier.

Shaman wanted a small numbers buff and a little mechanical help, huge number buffs.

Druids, wanting less clunky abilities/mechanics. huge number buffs.

It's a sad cycle, but it's the lowest cost and people stop making a fuss cause their numbers look better.
Reply Quote
I hate the mushrooms
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's easier to buff than balance I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In regards to druid changes, I also feel these are lackluster at best. Previous changes felt the same. I enjoy Naturalist for the extra 10% healing, but to state that as a fix seemed like more of a last ditch effort. Increasing already small ranges on stuff like Swiftmend post HOT and mushrooms might help, but I'm not feeling it. I do like the Ironbark change though.

Question in regards to mushrooms.

Do you tend to place them spread out through the raid, or stacked in one location?

Typically I use them on either the tank, or a spot where I know massive damage will come out (ie megaera). If they increase the healing by 100% it seems like I'd be better off trying to cover more ground with the mushrooms.

How do you shroom? Do you even bother shrooming and blooming?

**Edited to add some substance to my post
Edited by Stromm on 4/23/2013 4:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I wasn't expecting substantial changes, so I'm still content with what is being shown in the PTR notes.
Edited by Rejuvenate on 4/23/2013 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You left out tranq affecting more than twice as many targets per tick in 25-man. Druids (or at least some of us) *have* been complaining about the decline of tranq for approximately two expansions now, and this helps us in the format where we most need it.

I think the bigger radii on efflo and shrooms could help in high mobility fights (which is almost all of them right now). Very welcome change, even though it isn't bigger heal numbers in the strict sense (although shrooms are getting that *too* -- they're really moving in the direction of something you need to use effectively to be a good druid, which I'm sure will annoy someone somewhere).

If they take placing shrooms off GCD so you could place all three within a second or two, I'd be happy with them (and I don't see why this numbers buff can't go live, since they have such heavy buildup -- if they're really concerned about making them OP, put an actual CD on bloom, something in the 30-60 sec range, rather than solely relying on the charge mechanic to limit it).

I wouldn't mind a glyph of one shroom, but I'm actually fine with 3 in most situations, it lets you cover more of the raid for things like quills. New tranq is going to be awesome, but you can't have it up all the time.

As for nourish and healing touch, I think that's primarily an encounter design issue -- if encounters are shifted more toward sustained damage rather than spike damage/burn phases, slower spells will see more use. HoTs have a similar issue, which is why they're making such massive buffs to mushrooms in the first place -- we need better tools for spiky damage because so many current encounters revolve around it. "Must top off all the time because player health pools are so small/spike damage is so large" has a powerful and, IMO, negative effect on gameplay for healers. My other 90 is a shaman, who gets socked right in the mastery by the exact same problem. I think it's also the root cause of the OPness of absorbs in current content -- allowing you to effectively go over 100% HP is so strong precisely because 100% HP isn't very much.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/23/2013 04:42 AMPosted by Stromm
How do you shroom? Do you even bother shrooming and blooming?

Right now I don't.... the 3 global CDs are too clunky. I have done Magaera with and without them, and honestly, found without was better/easier/less clunky then with them. More HPS also. I just just a SM+WG rotation + rejuv up people and win xD
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
So wait are they effectively 'doubling' the healing of shrooms? If so that would be good..but consider making the radius like 20-25 at least. I just find for fights people are constantly moving around too much to even make it worth it. That and the whole charge up thing takes time..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I seriously wish they would read our posts on the forums, find out our real issues, then work to fix.

What exactly do you want, Xiata? You're 11/12 on content that has been live for, what, six weeks, and based on your progression, Normal modes are the norm for you. You're doing just fine. You're clearing the content in a reasonable time frame. If you were hitting a wall, it'd be noticable from your progression.

So what exactly do you want? There is no benefit to you if the top 10 ranked healers on WoL includes Druids or not. As long as you are able to clear the content you are working on with the tools you have, what is the problem?

(I pause here to note that none of this is meant to be any knock on you or your guild's progression -- I mean, look at my stuff: had only gotten an Amber Shaper kill the week before 5.2, and still slamming against Tortos.)

Are Druid mechanics great? No. Mushrooms, while a neat idea, are poorly executed. Our signature ability is still mana expensive and has a tendency to be sniped. We have a spell in our toolkit that has zero value. Our t15 can't compete with our t14.

But while everyone has ideas to tune up Druids, we're not so broken that we're an anchor on groups that we're in. If it were the case that the only time druids were clearing content was when groups took pity on them and carried them through under the condition that said druid remained quiet and didn't touch anything, then I could understand the outcry. But no, Druids are clearing content, groups still bring druids, so what's the complaint?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
-Radius increases to Bloom and Swiftmend are welcome.
-Increased healing to bloom is welcome. It didn't feel very powerful in 25-man.
-I'll take the CD reduction to Ironbark, but I don't really understand why they did it. I don't think Ironbark was that bad to warrant the change.
-Tranquility (and subsequent DH/Revival) changes are welcome. These throughput raid CDs didn't feel like they hit very hard in 25-man raids. There were instances where I would use Tranq and we'd still get mowed down by a Rampage, yet when our Priest uses Barrier we were fine. I'm hoping this equalizes it a bit.

The issues with Mushrooms are still present and I don't expect them to make any huge mechanical changes until the next expansion. With that said, any changes they do to make them more useful between now and the next expansion I'll gladly take them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]