Why nerf Glyph of the Battle Healer

90 Dwarf Paladin
From spell changes on ptr
Glyph of the Battle Healer now heals for 20% of damage dealt, down from 30%.

Prot pallies are in a fine place right now and I think we shouldn't be buffed or nerfed next patch so why is blizzard fixing not broken things? Is this your way of saying you don't like the waves of prot pallies doing haste builds?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/25/2013 07:56 AMPosted by Popeward
Prot pallies are in a fine place right now and I think we shouldn't be buffed or nerfed next patch so why is blizzard fixing not broken things?

They disagree.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
15k+ hps is a lot to come from a glyph, especially when its not like paladins are particularly sparse in healing/absorption from other sources. Its not surprising to see it reined in a little.
Edited by Asthas on 4/25/2013 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Pandaren Monk
15k ?

on 25h we are talking about 30-40k hps from the glyph alone (the paladin going up to 70-80k hps). That's like bringing an extra half healer.

Yeah, I wonder why it's getting nerfed ...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Because it's overpowered as hell, that's why, and is still a very strong glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The glyph will still be very close to mandatory on most fights this tier. Surprised paladins haven't seen further nerfs honestly. I am just hoping they don't overdo whatever changes come because my co-tank is a paladin and I don't want my team nerfed :(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
04/25/2013 07:56 AMPosted by Popeward
Prot pallies are in a fine place right now
l0l
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't quite made it to heroics yet, but my BI is mostly overheals according to my world of log parses anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
04/25/2013 08:19 AMPosted by Leeflow
(the paladin going up to 70-80k hps)

Well... this is what they need to attack overall. Sacred Shield primarily. I routinely account for 50%-ish of my own healing recieved (mostly split between Sacred Shield absorbs and Seal of Insight procs), and then Battle Healer does quite a bit of healing to other people as well.

I don't think Battle Healer is really that overpowered, to be fair, but nerfing it to 20% is absolutely reasonable.

(And the whole bubbling/BoPing tank swap debuffs to trivialize encounter mechanics thing. That's really, really dumb)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I don't think Battle Healer is really that overpowered

It's not so much that the amount of healing is super overpowered, but BH combined with AM, BoP/Clemency, Hand of Sac, etc that makes Paladins especially desirable.

And they hammer nerfed Ox Statue so 33% nerf to BH is nothing. :p
Edited by Policies on 4/25/2013 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Fair enough.

Not to mention our level 90 talents. Being able to choose between a great ground AoE heal, a decent short-range 5-target smart heal, or a big ol' nuke makes us pretty damn flexible and gives us a lot of HPS (or DPS, if need be).

(Edit: You know, I think that we're sitting here comparing Battle Healer and the Ox Statue absorbs, and there are probably dozens of Blood DK's just sitting herer refraining from replying "They really need to nerf Bloodworms too, gosh" in the most sarcastic tone humanly possible")
Edited by Tailias on 4/25/2013 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
(Edit: You know, I think that we're sitting here comparing Battle Healer and the Ox Statue absorbs, and there are probably dozens of Blood DK's just sitting herer refraining from replying "They really need to nerf Bloodworms too, gosh" in the most sarcastic tone humanly possible")

I don't even think of Bloodworms. Though they had a few million healing on lfr Lei Shen yesterday for me. I think only 84% overheal \o/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My warrior has bandages!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It needs the nerf.

I'm kinda surprised it's getting hit this lightly considering the fact that it's basically mandatory for prot.

I don't even think of Bloodworms. Though they had a few million healing on lfr Lei Shen yesterday for me. I think only 84% overheal \o/

They could remove Blood Worms and I probably wouldn't even notice outside of soloing Isle of Giants stuff.
Edited by Spyfthorde on 4/25/2013 10:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
It will still be mandatory. Honestly abolishing the glyph entirely wouldn't make Prot Pallies awful; their mitigation stays the same and it's not as if Prot lacks raid utility outside of BH.

Should be fine at 20% though, and if it needs a further nerf then Blizzard will probably look at it again. Like other posters have said I'd rather they look at DKs though.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
My warrior has bandages!
Gift of the Naaru! Mwahahaha! Don't you wish you were a Draenei too, so you can also have OP heals?

EDIT:
Would quit my Paladin entirely if they removed the glyph. Ret healing in 5 mans is just too fun and engaging. Its the only way I do 5 mans anymore.

Engaging? All you do is hit SoI and then carry on your merry way. You literally do nothing differently than if you were using SoT.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Edited by Waniou on 4/25/2013 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
15k ?

on 25h we are talking about 30-40k hps from the glyph alone (the paladin going up to 70-80k hps). That's like bringing an extra half healer.

Yeah, I wonder why it's getting nerfed ...

Why does Shizune skip GotBM sometimes?

Tailias and others,

Remember that part of the reason Paladins look good on WoL is because almost everything we do gets credit on WoL's healing meters. If Druid and Monk Avoidance was tacked onto the healing meters, or Warriors criting shield blocks, they'd have big numbers as well, but they don't.
Edited by Wrathblood on 4/25/2013 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Is this thread serious?

And they hammer nerfed Ox Statue so 33% nerf to BH is nothing. :p

When was this?
Edited by Rijdot on 4/25/2013 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Where's that "Joker not sure if serious" meme thing when you need it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]