Cap for Disc Priest

90 Draenei Priest
What are the soft and hard caps for Mastery, Crit and haste. The more I read the less i know how to spec this toon
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm not aware of a hard cap on anything. If there is one, we can't reach it with our current level of gear.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

That has some Haste breakpoints broken down for multiple classes. Not sure how accurate they are for anything outside of Priests, however.
Edited by Tiriel on 4/22/2013 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
the only softcaps I can think of are haste breakpoints where we get an extra cast of PoH during SS, or renew ticks. I'm not convinced either is worth reforging for though, personally.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Well hard cap for crit would be 100% :P

But seriously, there really aren't any, we never use renew nad reforging for more PoH during SS doesn't make a whole lot of sense since you can never guarantee you'll be able to sit and cast the entire duration of SS.

Eventually we might be able to hit the haste soft cap where GCD is of just 1 sec, but I don't think that's something worth worrying about for this tier. And it's pretty easy to tell if you hit it, you're flash heal will take 1 sec to cast.

You could argue that there's other haste soft cap, like when you reach 1 sec GCD when BL or any other haste buff is used, but those are pretty minor cap.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
lol so is there any balance now , what i am reading is Crit>Haste>Mastery even after 5.3. So reforge everything to crit then haste then mastery and forget about numbers? After spirit and int...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
There's tons of ways you can reforge/build your disc priest, it's all up to raid size+your playstyle.

Spirit+Mastery is a heavy PW:S using build, it's not necessarily the top HPS build, but it is the most controlled spec in terms of creating effective health.

Spirit+Crit is a build where you're relying on quantity over quality. You will create much more Divine Aegis, but from sources like Atonement/Prayer of Healing, these bubbles are uncontrollable. Does a lot of damage with Atonement though.

Spirit+Haste to 4721 then Crit is a similar build to the one above, but with enough Haste to reach a breakpoint for Spirit Shell. If you ignore the crit you can just go pure haste. It's the highest theoretical output, but that doesn't really mean much except in a vacuum.

These are the most common builds. Of course there are select people who forgo Spirit for throughput, but that's unusual.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
lol so is there any balance now , what i am reading is Crit>Haste>Mastery even after 5.3. So reforge everything to crit then haste then mastery and forget about numbers? After spirit and int...

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/windrunner/vampriest

Select the default PvE build(Spirit >Crit > Haste > Mastery), if that's the build you decide on. Click "Optimize", and it shows you what gems, enchants, and reforges you should get.

Looking at yours, you only need a couple tweaks to be the best you can be with the gear you have.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

There are multiple ways that you can reforge. Some are favoring Crit and Mastery. Some are favoring Crit and Haste. Others are favoring Haste and Mastery. Some are going deep Mastery with almost no Crit or Haste. It's really up to you, your playstyle, and what you feel comfortable with. I personally go for the 4717 breakpoint because I'm Disc/Holy, and 4717 gets me a Lightwell tick AND an extra cast or two of Spirit Shell (which is important in 25 man raiding). But it really is up to you and what works for YOUR playstyle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]