05/14/2013 02:43 PMSo the key to doing this scenario is making sure you don't die. Interrupt with anvils. Run like hell whenever the Sha is on you. Do what damage you can. Your job is to stay alive until the spear is made, not to DPS the Sha down.
Posted by Arryk
Very much this.
- Spec into talents/abilities that provide extra healing or speed boosts. Check your glyphs too!
- Always make sure you know where an overcharged anvil is so you can quickly get to it when the sha casts Insanity. Interrupting Insanity (and thus staying alive) is primary; doing damage to the sha is secondary.
- Remember the defender will do some tanking, so you don't have to take on all the mobs at once.
- The sha casts an AoE ability called Shadow Burst that does a fair amount of damage and reduces your haste for several seconds. It has a 3 second cast time - move out of it.
- Make sure to use Recuperate when needed.
- Glyph of Deadly Momentum didn't appear to work for me when the little adds died, so use something else, like Glyph of Recuperate (increases the healing of your Recuperate ability by an additional 0.5% of your maximum health) or Glyph of Cloak of Shadows (while Cloak of Shadows is active, you take 40% less physical damage).
- Assassination rogues: swap out Glyph of Vendetta for something else (see suggestions above) since it reduces your Vendetta damage and you're not on any mob long enough for the glyph to be useful.
- Combat rogues: swap out Glyph of Blade Flurry for something else (see suggestions above). Your experience may be different, but when I ran the scenario I don't think the adds clustered enough or stayed alive long enough for GoBF to be advantageous.
- Using Shiv when you're specced into Leeching Poison heals you for 5% of your health, so you should be less dependent on the sometimes-not-so-helpfully-placed healing columns. Remember Shiv is on a 10-sec CD.
- Spec into Burst of Speed and spam it when the Sha banishes the defender and starts chasing you. You can also use it on the meteor storm for added safety though it's probably not strictly necessary.